Auth Server down?

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
TroZ
Inserter
Inserter

Auth Server down?

Post by TroZ »

I'm getting an issue when attempting to connect to a multiplayer server. This server does have a password, however, I'm not asked for it. Connecting show a progress dialog for a second, which then disappears and I'm left without and interface except for the background image. Pressing ESC does bring me back to the menu.

Also, the Browse Game feature shows a JSON error from Amazon S3.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Auth Server down?

Post by impetus maximus »

factorio authentication server, game multi-player browser server, and factorio.com webpages are all down ATM.

Lordxleasy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lordxleasy »

I believe the multiplayer server authenticator, is down.

Just wait till tomorrow, and It will be fine :)

TroZ
Inserter
Inserter

Post by TroZ »

But I need to finish working on my factory with my friends!

:(

I guess I can wait... but I'm starting to get the shakes! ;)

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[edit]
lynadin wrote:Same here on Headless Server and bypassing auth is bad idea ... it wiped player inventories and locations.
if your playing with friends,[edit] and don't mind losing your invintories[/edit] disable authentication. use your ip and port (if not default) to connect.
Last edited by impetus maximus on Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lordxleasy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lordxleasy »

How to disable this, and where to find IP and port?

lynadin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lynadin »

In response to Imp Max ---

Problem with doing that is that it wipes out the player info in your .json files and then your player locations and inventory are reset.....then later when you turn back on after auth serv comes back up you will have reverted inventories and thus ....player inventories start over including all items and contents .... so not a workable idea for some , especially those whose bases are very far from spawn.

lynadin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lynadin »

Was there any post that they were downing for Maintenance or anything like that?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

lynadin wrote:In response to Imp Max ---

Problem with doing that is that it wipes out the player info in your .json files and then your player locations and inventory are reset.....then later when you turn back on after auth serv comes back up you will have reverted inventories and thus ....player inventories start over including all items and contents .... so not a workable idea for some , especially those whose bases are very far from spawn.
thanks for the info. was not aware of that. :shock: i usually dump my items into my construction train.

if you dont' mind losing your player invintory. here is where you disable user authentication. unless your running headless server, then it is in your server-settings.json file.
Verify.User.jpg
to find your IP https://www.whatismyip.com/

they did not announce anything that i'm aware of.

lynadin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lynadin »

Yeah changing that setting totally shafted all of our players . No inventories and spawn is now a death trap with no gear :) Everyone just keeps chain dying not cool :)

lynadin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lynadin »

Routes are completely unresponsive to 107.21.126.66 and .68 www and auth server

Routes for forums are somewhere else on east coast - though the IP is IPv6 and not IPv4 like the www site and auth site.

Total internet down at hosted location it appears, or very bad DNS issue at hosted Location .... that is awesome.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

lynadin wrote:Yeah changing that setting totally shafted all of our players . No inventories and spawn is now a death trap with no gear :) Everyone just keeps chain dying not cool :)
i'm really sorry. i didn't know. :(

lynadin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lynadin »

Imp Max ---- Loved that edit LOL [edit] and don't mind losing your invintories[/edit]

No biggie though it is an In Development Game - things like this happen and are expected.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

lynadin wrote:Imp Max ---- Loved that edit LOL [edit] and don't mind losing your invintories[/edit]

No biggie though it is an In Development Game - things like this happen and are expected.
thanks for your understanding. you have a previous save?
might wanna keep the original spawn area secure in the future. complete with a passenger train perhaps? ;)

Return to “Multiplayer”