[MOD 0.15] Satellite Uplink Station 1.1.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods

xoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.1

Post by xoft »

Ah, that makes some sense.

Although it is against everything else in the game. Normally the game allows you to research everything without any limits. How about making the uplink station research available and the station constructible, but when one tries to use it without a satellite launched, display a message and refuse?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

I'd considered that, but I feel the progression of Build satellite > Launch satellite > Research uplinking > Build uplink station should be preserved. Perhaps I'll make a poll so people can easily support either option.
Last edited by Supercheese on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Crash on game loading (0.14.1).

He-he, now you shold define crafting and mining categories...
Attachments
2016-08-26 22-31-23 Error.png
2016-08-26 22-31-23 Error.png (6.19 KiB) Viewed 7349 times
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Right you are, mod is not listed as compatible with 0.14 yet; you must've changed the version in info.json. ;)

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Supercheese wrote:Right you are, mod is not listed as compatible with 0.14 yet; you must've changed the version in info.json. ;)
And quick-fixed mod.
I used to play with your great mod - I'm guilty... :roll:
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:cry:
Attachments
2016-08-27_4-57-36.jpg
2016-08-27_4-57-36.jpg (44.55 KiB) Viewed 7336 times

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

Supercheese wrote:Perhaps I'll make a poll so people can easily support either option.
Aforementioned poll is now active. Cast your votes and I'll make any needed changes based on the results!
Last edited by Supercheese on Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Supercheese wrote:
Supercheese wrote:Perhaps I'll male a poll so people can easily support either option.
Aforementioned poll is now active. Cast your votes and I'll make changes based on the results!
After launching, of course! It's SATELLITE uplink, not "rocket silo spy". Vote for classical behavior.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I second the current behavior. It makes it more interesting as you actually have to do something to unlock more tech. I think more stuff should be like this.

xoft
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xoft »

Here's a counter-argument: the current behavior somewhat collides with the "research all technologies" achievement.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Most in line with the vanilla mechanics would be to have the research unlock after rocket silo, but the station being only usable after having one satellite.
As that would only let you research and build the uplink station while you produce your first rocket, I'm perfectly fine with it staying the way it is.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Here's a hopefully working patch for 0.14.x
Attachments
Satellite Uplink Station_1.0.2.zip
(594.04 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.2

Post by Supercheese »

Ok, I think the poll has run long enough -- version 1.0.2 is released to support 0.14, with the technology behavior remaining unchanged from previous versions.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i just ran across this mod and combining it with the ion cannon mod, feels like a nicely over powered toy, lol

this is definitely an after end game (as current) weapon, now we just need more "goals" for after end game

but noticing that i am "picking up" alien artifacts while linked to the satellite, and they go poof when i disconnect,
dont suppose that there is anyway they not go poof, and instead get transferred to my inventory?
EDIT:
answer - Place the artifacts in a chest before you disconnect...

thinking maybe we should get another goal that ends up with a space ship picking us up, maybe we should have to build a landing pad, refuel it, repair it, before we scoot off back to our home, after all we crashed on this alien planet, how are we getting home exactly?

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.3

Post by Supercheese »

Updated to 1.0.3, to resolve errors in Sandbox mode. The mod now also notifies the player that uplink stations are not needed in Sandbox mode. ;)

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

Philip017 wrote:i just ran across this mod and combining it with the ion cannon mod, feels like a nicely over powered toy, lol

this is definitely an after end game (as current) weapon, now we just need more "goals" for after end game

but noticing that i am "picking up" alien artifacts while linked to the satellite, and they go poof when i disconnect,
dont suppose that there is anyway they not go poof, and instead get transferred to my inventory?
EDIT:
answer - Place the artifacts in a chest before you disconnect...

thinking maybe we should get another goal that ends up with a space ship picking us up, maybe we should have to build a landing pad, refuel it, repair it, before we scoot off back to our home, after all we crashed on this alien planet, how are we getting home exactly?
It would be awesome if you built a ship that you take off in (It has very limited storage) and takes you to a "New planet" with different ores.
Only problem with that is I would imagine it would be hard to disable/enable recipes/research in the same playthrough.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14] Satellite Uplink Station 1.0.5

Post by Supercheese »

Small update, players are now ejected if the uplink station they're using is destroyed. This should fix a nasty bug that could result in players being permanently in the uplinked state.

ZombieMooose
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ZombieMooose »

Does this work with AAI programmable vehicles? It's an RTS type mod with vehicles you can use to kill biters.

Dag!
"men will literally learn everything about ancient Rome instead of going to therapy"

xlomkn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xlomkn »

Really nice mod. Thanks.

Could you add support for mods "AAI Programmable Vehicles" and "AAI Zones" so that we have an "Unit Remote Controller" and a "Zone Planner" when uplinked?

Unit Remote Controller (unit-remote-control) is given by AAI Programmable Vehicles
Zone Planner (zone-planner) by AAI Zones

Return to “Mods”