[MOD 0.18.X] Air Filtering

Topics and discussion about specific mods
jouki
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.X] Air Filtering

Post by jouki »

Yinan wrote:Ever heard of Carbon Filters?
And Coals main component is carbon. So you're basically changing the main filter-part (the carbon) when you recycle air filters. So using coal there is very logical.
Coal is still a main part of recipe of a new filter, using the only one filter seems to me "too cheap" so instead of that when you use 2 filters it's actually more expensive and it looks like you use it for spare parts instead of cleaning it. Sorry if I bother you with that but I was finding a balanced solution which is still logical. (After this change the recycling is considered as a replacement parts from old filters)

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Hi jouki,

thanks for testing! I will give these numbers a try and probably use them ;)
For recycling the filters: I will leave it as it is. You are free to use your own recipes.

Greetings,
Schorty
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

Please update dropbox link so that instead of dl=0 you have dl=1. This skips the pageload and makes it an actual download link without the spam.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

seronis wrote:Please update dropbox link so that instead of dl=0 you have dl=1. This skips the pageload and makes it an actual download link without the spam.
Thanks for the info! I didn't actually know this. Links habe been updated!
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

Murlocking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Murlocking »

Downloading :mrgreen:

Will probably tweak the pollution cleaning values to be to my liking and probably add "water" to the recycling recipes.
Seems to make sense!

I will try your other mod too, the pollution detector and have the Air Filters only 'ON' when needed.
I'm also going to try these mods with Rescaled Evolution Factor, seems like they would work so well together!

Dirty filters :lol:

I wish you had a bit more tier and a slower progression tho. From what I read the Tier 2 and 3 seems really powerful :)

ukr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ukr »

ukrainian locale
...translation updated
P.S. thanks for mod :)
Attachments
uk.zip
(555 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times

cxOne
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cxOne »

Add PLS
Attachments
ru.zip
Russian translation
(546 Bytes) Downloaded 166 times

Vas
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Vas »

I'd like to say that this seems to be rather unbalanced. I have a one MK2 per mining area and it keeps the pollution down low enough that monsters don't attack and you can noticeably see it delete the pollution in that sector each time it activates while pollution still spreads a bit because it only activates every so often. One thing I'd like to see is it activate the same speed as pollution's tick timer, and the values adjusted to that as well, but I would also like to see some more balance be done, for example better machines require more complex filters, perhaps the MK2 can use a "large square air filter" and the MK3, well I haven't tried it yet, but you would use a "large dense microfiber air filter". Now, since the game doesn't particularly have cloth in it, perhaps you can use wood in the crafting recipes to simulate that you used a plant of some kind to get the cloth part of the filter made. Other materials as well to make the better and more microscopic type filters. A green computer chip for example, for the MK2 filters and red for the MK3.

Another thing is, filters are infinitely cleanable, which makes it easy to make 100 of them and never make another filter again. I think you should have them recycle a few times before they need to be remade. Here is an example of what I think;
New Filter: Whatever it costs to make it now.
Used Filter: This is the first stage of being used.
Cleaned Filter: This filter has been run through a cleaning process, using water.
Damaged Used Filter: This is the second stage of being used.
Repaired Filter: This filter has been repaired and cleaned using water and coal (for carbon).
Broken Filter: This filter has broken, and is no longer repairable. Can be deconstructed for some of the cost back (Only use this if you crafted using more than biodegradable materials like a metal frame and only give back some of those materials.)

This would mean that each filter has a life span of 3 uses. I mean you could come up with more if you want, or you could simply make them all have the same name and you never know when it will become a "broken filter" that needs to be thrown out or taken apart for some slight material cost back.

But yea, so far it seems MK2 deletes all pollution in the mines and we no longer need to bother researching MK3 and we almost have bahemeths now.
You can get my mods by clicking here, and use discussions there or PMs here to suggest or report issues.
Want some blueprints made by me? Click here then!

LubieArbuzy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LubieArbuzy »

Polish Locale (pl)

Code: Select all

[entity-name]
old-air-filter-machine=Maszyna filtrujaca powietrze (Znisz i postaw mnie)
air-filter-machine=Maszyna filtrujaca powietrze 
air-filter-machine-mk2=Maszyna filtrujaca powietrze MK2
air-filter-machine-mk3=Maszyna filtrujaca powietrze MK3

[item-name]
air-filter=Filtr Powietrza
used-air-filter=Zuzyty Filtr Powietrza

[recipe-name]
filter-air=Filtruj Powietrze
air-filter-recycling=Odnawiaj Zuzyte Filtry Powietrza

[technology-name]
air-filtering=Filtracja Powietrza
air-filtering-mk2=Filtracja Powietrza MK2
air-filtering-mk3=Filtracja Powietrza MK3
air-filter-recycling=Odnawiaj Zuzyte Filtry Powietrza

Lemlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lemlin »

My suggestion is that MK3 should clean almost as much pollution as 4 boilers produce att full power. MK2 50% less than MK3 and MK1 50% less than Mk2.
This would result in a need of 4 MK3 to clean the air from the pollution a perfect boiler/steam engine setup produce at full power.

The filter recycling could have 2-3 dirty in -> 1 clean out. And add some water and plates to the process.

sckuzzle
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sckuzzle »

While the mk1 seemed relatively balanced, I noticed that the mark 3 cleaned all pollution in it's sector nearly instantly. I estimate somewhere around 2,000 pollution per second. The reason for this is that each machine doubles the pollution cleaned per eletrical use, but also hugely increases electricity. The result is that the mk3 reduces 60 times as much pollution as the mk1, but only uses the filter 5x as fast.

Personally I don't have a problem with recycling the air filters. It makes sense to have an initial investment and make it cheaper, liker barreling oil.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] Air Filtering

Post by Schorty »

This mod has just been updated to match requirements of Factorio 0.13

Just download version 0.4.0!

BaritoneCanadian
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BaritoneCanadian »

After some digging around in the game files (this mod) to find the pollution index, i was disappointing that the game was not coded in pollution per seconds but nerveless here is the numbers i gathered from the mod

*Old is possibly from an older version of this mod that remained in the mod so that old saves can still function without it.

MK1 -0.06

MK2 -0.12

MK3 -0.30

Old -0.1

I will try to find what these numbers mean

By my current guess i believe these numbers mean Pollution removed in this equation (emission*Power) Where Emission is the Base number (MK1, MK2, MK3) the creator says they remove 40 pollution a tick and i can only guess that means MK1,but I can be wrong so please use this at your own discretion until i find out how much pollution that is per tick. (which might be never idk if I can spend more time digging though all the files because its mind numbingly boring.)

ChoMar
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ChoMar »

WHat about a .14 release of this? I like this mod...
Mytronix Entertainment

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

ChoMar wrote:WHat about a .14 release of this? I like this mod...

I am sure if you give the mod authors a little bit of time they will put out an update. Maybe wait a week or 2 before pestering :)

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

ChoMar wrote:WHat about a .14 release of this? I like this mod...
Done!

Download it here or via the modding portal. Both are updated

Introprospector
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.X] Air Filtering

Post by Introprospector »

I've inverted the craft times on the mk. 1-3 versions such that more advanced versions require less coal since each filter lasts longer

I'm interested in a chem lab recipe to recycle the filters, requiring water and a used filter, and producing waste water which must be further processed in order to neutralize it. Any thoughts?

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Introprospector wrote:I've inverted the craft times on the mk. 1-3 versions such that more advanced versions require less coal since each filter lasts longer

I'm interested in a chem lab recipe to recycle the filters, requiring water and a used filter, and producing waste water which must be further processed in order to neutralize it. Any thoughts?
Hey Introprospector,

I set the crafting time this way intentionally. I wanted to have some down sides to using such high tech stuff. By further complicating the recycling process, I'm not adding to the gameplay, but make it just more annoying. At least this is my point of view. Because of this, I decided to not going down this route. You can modify my modification to your liking though :)
Thanks for your suggestion anyways. Much appreciated!

Greetings Schorty

niccage
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by niccage »

Any chance of getting a compatibility update for angels? The air filters share a name with a building in angels petrochem

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

niccage wrote:Any chance of getting a compatibility update for angels? The air filters share a name with a building in angels petrochem
Hey Niccage,

another user pointed me to this issue lately. I have only little time atm to look into this, but will eventually patch this. But as I said, there is no guarantee, that this will be fixed soon. With a bit of luck, I'll have some free time tomorrow. Will see :)

Greetings
Schorty

Return to “Mods”