Topics and discussion about specific mods
kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[MOD 0.17.x] NPUtils 4.33

Post by kaueNP »

NPUtils 4.33
Description:
A huge expansion to Factorio with new machines,generators,solar panels,boilers,energy accumulators,turrets,electric poles,pipes,roboport,robots,logistic chests,beacon,cars,walls,components.....You will find a bunch of new stuffs in NPU mods to increase your gameplay.

All things with a new and unique graphics style.

A huge thanks to Micromario for rework in my entire mod description. :D
========================================================================
Discord
To contact me and find some spoilers and WIP information icheck NPU Discord server
NPU mods: https://discord.gg/e6AjevA

========================================================================

NPUtils X addon:
NPUtils X
NPUtils Tech addon:
NPU Tech

A Old Version (1.16) little mod showcase in German language(Thanks so much Yuoki Tane):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEJ2RfyVk3s

Some Machines Details

Suggestions are welcome!
You can found a Changelog inside mod folder.

Special thanks to WonderDog for help with power generation balance

Release:09/19/2016
Special thanks to Factorio Team for make this amazing game,Yuoki Tani for make Yuoki Industries and C4D tutorial, and you for use my mod :D

Factorio oficial mod page:
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kaueNP/NPUtils

If for some reason you can't download NPU mods in mods.factorio ( 8-) ) you can find a dropbox option in my Discord server
Last edited by kaueNP on Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:08 am, edited 62 times in total.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.2

Post by aubergine18 »

Upload to mods.factorio.com?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.2

Post by kaueNP »

aubergine18 wrote:Upload to mods.factorio.com?
I did
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kaueNP/NPUtils

ytsejam
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.3

Post by ytsejam »

A more detailed description would be nice.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.3

Post by kaueNP »

ytsejam wrote:A more detailed description would be nice.
I will try :D

bripi
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.6

Post by bripi »

Yeah, we need a LOT MORE DETAIL about your new machines and processes...the nothing that we currently have doesn't really cut it. Why would I download a mod that doesn't tell me what it does? Please give details about each of the new machines and processes.

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.6

Post by kaueNP »

bripi wrote:Yeah, we need a LOT MORE DETAIL about your new machines and processes...the nothing that we currently have doesn't really cut it. Why would I download a mod that doesn't tell me what it does? Please give details about each of the new machines and processes.
More details are coming! :!:

NoOneIshome
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.11

Post by NoOneIshome »

I Love this mod, and I love how much its updated. Are you looking for any help with making your mod?

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

NoOneIshome wrote:I Love this mod, and I love how much its updated. Are you looking for any help with making your mod?
Thanks! :!: I'm happy for your words :D and thanks for your help,but not for now,maybe in future because I dont have knowlegde with codes
Anyway....Thanks

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

NoOneIshome wrote:I Love this mod, and I love how much its updated. Are you looking for any help with making your mod?
But..................if you find a way to put my Alienol to be used like ammo in flame turret(I forgot the right name)I will be soo happy :D hahaha bye

BylliGoat
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.13

Post by BylliGoat »

So before I say anything else, this mod is awesome, and I love it. I only recently got Factorio and there are a ton of really cool mods out there but they're just so overly complicated that I can't get into them and this one strikes a perfect balance of function and utility without overwhelming me with complicated processes.

Now that said, I'm finding the blast boiler to pretty ineffective. When I have a blast boiler hooked up to only one dynamo generator, it's not able to maintain 100 degrees, but I can line up ten copper boilers and have four dynamos running off them without issue. Am I missing something? How do I get the blast boiler operating at peak efficiency?

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.13

Post by kaueNP »

BylliGoat wrote:So before I say anything else, this mod is awesome, and I love it. I only recently got Factorio and there are a ton of really cool mods out there but they're just so overly complicated that I can't get into them and this one strikes a perfect balance of function and utility without overwhelming me with complicated processes.

Now that said, I'm finding the blast boiler to pretty ineffective. When I have a blast boiler hooked up to only one dynamo generator, it's not able to maintain 100 degrees, but I can line up ten copper boilers and have four dynamos running off them without issue. Am I missing something? How do I get the blast boiler operating at peak efficiency?
First,thanks a lot for your words :D
and maybe I need fix efficiency in my blast boiler,I really dont know,I will check this before other update...
thanks for this report :!:

bartaslondon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.15

Post by bartaslondon »

Hi,

Could you explain how to make medium and bigger meats?
Small I made in Alien Processor ( I did put red science and few alien artifacts).
I can't find any way to make medium and large alien or meat.

Many thanks

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

bartaslondon wrote:Hi,

Could you explain how to make medium and bigger meats?
Small I made in Alien Processor ( I did put red science and few alien artifacts).
I can't find any way to make medium and large alien or meat.

Many thanks
you need previous versions,example:need small meet and greenScience to make medium alien, medium meet and blueScience to make big aliens

Probably work....

Sworn
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sworn »

Nice work man, really like it.
The third line of the description, at "Cars", is a little weird "Add Survivalist car,a".

Alessandro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.17

Post by Alessandro »

First: Thank for a mood os good and so complete

Second: A minor thing, the red Turret, Normal Galting turret flick in size:
Look the red turret on the left size
Look the red turret on the left size
Jumping Turrets.gif (5.66 MiB) Viewed 14800 times

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

Alessandro wrote:First: Thank for a mood os good and so complete

Second: A minor thing, the red Turret, Normal Galting turret flick in size:
Jumping Turrets.gif
o_O Sorry,this is a size error in script, nothing severe :D thanks for this report! in my next update I fix this,but probably in next week because this is only a gfx bug and dont disrupts the turret operation

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

i would like to report that previous versions of this mod had better uses for chunk evacuator, now it costs close the the amount extracted, looks more like converting iron (and a little copper) to another material than used for "free" materials as it previously functioned as.

previously i used this mod to make a "factory in your pocket" with factorizmo and could build everything but oil stuffs using this mod.

the more complex recipes seem to try to make it a bit more involved, but the usefullness now requires more work and the previous "free" usage is now an exchange system

if possible bring back the previous function of the chunk evacuator

there are other improvements that have made this mod more fun, so in that regard thank you for your hard work and for making this mod :)

kaueNP
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by kaueNP »

Philip017 wrote:i would like to report that previous versions of this mod had better uses for chunk evacuator, now it costs close the the amount extracted, looks more like converting iron (and a little copper) to another material than used for "free" materials as it previously functioned as.

previously i used this mod to make a "factory in your pocket" with factorizmo and could build everything but oil stuffs using this mod.

the more complex recipes seem to try to make it a bit more involved, but the usefullness now requires more work and the previous "free" usage is now an exchange system

if possible bring back the previous function of the chunk evacuator

there are other improvements that have made this mod more fun, so in that regard thank you for your hard work and for making this mod :)
I understand that the previous version was more useful,but cheaper to get resources CHEAP! :)
But this new version is not so bad!you need 1 cryamond(1 coal),2 reinforced componente(something like 1 plate) and 1 steel( if using last NPUtils process need 3 iron and 2 coal to create 3 steel,something like 2 resources=1 steel) so 1 mining tool = 4 "resources",but you will get 2 mineral chunks and after process will be 8 "resources" ,not so bad right!?
But I know,this version is a little "challenging",but I not will change to previous system ,sorry
But thanks for playing with my mod and for telling me your opnion,I really like this :) (maybe in future I create another mining tool more cheap)
Last edited by kaueNP on Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.14.x] NPUtils 1.18

Post by Philip017 »

i appreciate your candor on this matter, i hope that it functions well for you in an automated situation.
i have found another mod to replace the previous function of the chunk evacuator, called quarry.

in another matter, the advanced light pole is a little weak for my taste but better than the regular light just a bit, a tiny bit, as for your massive lights, which i think more of as trophy's instead of lights, have the same light output as the advanced light, i would have thought them to be much more bright considering their footprint, but i understand the need for a large trophy to light up your pride and joy.

thank you again :D

Return to “Mods”