[0.12.29] [kovarex] Cant load old 0.11.22 save

Things that we don't consider worth fixing at this moment.
KrzysD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.12.29] [kovarex] Cant load old 0.11.22 save

Post by KrzysD »

This is the weirdest save i've had ever, the game fills my entire ram and never even crashes, i have another save with the same mods from 0.11.22 which loads fine, i'd share the log file but it never crashes.

I know there is a problem with FARL but it wasn't in this save...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6srmm ... sp=sharing

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.29] [kovarex] Cant load old 0.11.22 save

Post by kovarex »

The save contains 738 912 chunks, which is quite a lot.
It is probably caused by some mod doing something nasty, but I would say that the save is lost, as long as you don't have NASA laboratory to load it.

KrzysD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by KrzysD »

well now im sad Thanks for looking into it Kovarex. :)

TheVeteraNoob
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheVeteraNoob »

Hey! I used my NASA laboratory to load your map. But all of the conveyer belts and whatever the power supply once was seems to be missing. I have 16 GB of ram and all of the items on the ground seems to be the biggest issue as the map doesn't "Look" that large yet still manages to use 98% of my ram. Can you post a mod pack so I can see your map in the former glory without having to hunt down like 8 mods?

Edit: Posted the file
Attachments
NewestGame_Updated_notreally.zip
Proof Of Load
(9.43 MiB) Downloaded 105 times

KrzysD
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by KrzysD »

TheVeteraNoob wrote:Hey! I used my NASA laboratory to load your map. But all of the conveyer belts and whatever the power supply once was seems to be missing. I have 16 GB of ram and all of the items on the ground seems to be the biggest issue as the map doesn't "Look" that large yet still manages to use 98% of my ram. Can you post a mod pack so I can see your map in the former glory without having to hunt down like 8 mods?

Edit: Posted the file

Thanks for trying to fix it, but the dytech mods were modified for the faster belts, and I forgot if i had modified any others, but I did get it to finally load on my work computer with 64gb, ended up using 8gb of ram :shock: im sure it was one of the mods that destroyed the chunks in the map, so it's lost.

TheVeteraNoob
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheVeteraNoob »

Man... Workstation builders just throw ram around don't they? My computer I was talking about was a workstation from like 8 years ago.

Return to “Won't fix.”