Topics and discussion about specific mods
funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

[MOD 0.13.x] Assembly Zero 0.1.3

Post by funnysunnybunny »

Type: Mod
Name: Assembly Zero
Description: An assembly machine zero and X which are smaller (1x1 instead of 3x3) and quicker than normal.
Version: 0.1.3
Release: 2016-7-20
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.13.13
Category: Convenience
Tags: Buildings, Manufacturing
Download-Url: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/funnysun ... semblyZero
Website: https://github.com/funnysunnybunny/AssemblyZero https://github.com/r41d/AssemblyZero
License
Long description
Version history
Version# (Date):20/7/2016 1.1.2 changed json.info to not throw errors[/spoiler]

All credits go to raid he's the original author, I only changed the json.info and added a new tier.

Decided to release my personal additions to the mod and going to continue also moved to another forum since I accidentally put the old thread into 0.12

Now adds an assembly 0 which can process 1 ingredient as well as an assembly X which can process 2 ingredients, most likely will add 2x2 and one more 1x1 variants.

Jupiter
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Assembly Zero 0.1.3

Post by Jupiter »

I'm having trouble with the error 'Error in AssignID, item with name 'steel-gear-wheel' does not exist'. I get it upon starting the game so in effect I cannot start factorio anymore.
I'm seeing '{"steel-gear-wheel", 3}' in the recipe for 'assembling-machine-x' but no definition of any steel gear wheels anywhere. Should this be Iron gear wheels?

This is also posted on the mod portal.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

Jupiter wrote:I'm having trouble with the error 'Error in AssignID, item with name 'steel-gear-wheel' does not exist'. I get it upon starting the game so in effect I cannot start factorio anymore.
I'm seeing '{"steel-gear-wheel", 3}' in the recipe for 'assembling-machine-x' but no definition of any steel gear wheels anywhere. Should this be Iron gear wheels?

This is also posted on the mod portal.
Hey, I have fixed that in a recent update and replaced it with iron-gear-wheel

while at that where would I find good examples of lua that change recipes based on installed mods?

and what do I need to change in
on_configuration_change
for i, force in pairs(game.forces) do
if force.technologies["automation-2"].researched then
force.recipes["assembling-machine-x"].enabled = true
end
if force.technologies["automation"].researched then
force.recipes["assembling-machine-0"].enabled = true
end
end
tho I just realize I forgot to add in the respective variables in the uploaded version, so that might have been why it didn't work

so next time I'd need to call it assemblyzero_0.1.5.lua in migrations to make it work?

meanwhile this will help adding the second tier to saved games
/c game.player.force.recipes['assembling-machine-x'].enabled=true
same with 0 works for the t1 as well

also if anyone wants to help, feel free to use github

well one problem seemed to be that the folder needs to be called migrations instead of migration also it seems to be script.on_configuration_changed which doesn't seem to belong into a migrations lua narf :e

I dn't understand how I can get fluid inputs to work, had a lok at bobsassembly and other things and I don' see what I did different or where there'd need to be reference to using fluids, didn't find anything in control.luas

jdtunn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jdtunn »

I'm getting a weird vibration when crafting things in the Assembly machine Z

jdtunn
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jdtunn »

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

jdtunn wrote:Gif of bug: https://imgur.com/01jD76S
thanks a lot, fixed it and changed the way sprites and animations are done

ahh no introduced a new bug, fixing the settings now :(

fixed as well, was off by one pixel in the entities.lua

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Please update for 0.14! i miss this mod

BlindEvil
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BlindEvil »

plz update mod, we cann`t update server cos we love it, and cann`t play with out it

Lemlin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Lemlin »

British_Petroleum wrote:Please update for 0.14! i miss this mod
BlindEvil wrote:plz update mod, we cann`t update server cos we love it, and cann`t play with out it
You can update the info.json to make it work with 0.14

I uploaded mine, just replace the current one in the mod.
Attachments
info.json
(318 Bytes) Downloaded 151 times

thegroundbelowme
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thegroundbelowme »

Just a heads up that I submitted a pull request on github to fix Assembly Machines X and Z not allowing modules to be inserted. Though they did have module_slots specified, neither of them had the "allowed_effects" property, without which the game doesn't know what modules should be allowed, and so doesn't allow any. I just added the allowed_effects property to the X and Z machines, and specified that they should allow all module types.

funnysunnybunny
Inserter
Inserter

thegroundbelowme wrote:Just a heads up that I submitted a pull request on github to fix Assembly Machines X and Z not allowing modules to be inserted. Though they did have module_slots specified, neither of them had the "allowed_effects" property, without which the game doesn't know what modules should be allowed, and so doesn't allow any. I just added the allowed_effects property to the X and Z machines, and specified that they should allow all module types.
Hey, thanks for that I merged it and uploaded the new version to the mod portal.
Will try to have a look again at why I can't get liquid input to work and perhaps a way to make some configurable options, wonder if there's a good tutorial or a mod I could use as one.
Will also have a look at other bugs that might still be around, I somehow remember one or two animations being offset wrongly after some major factorio update.

If people want me to update this mod, please use Github to make me aware of the issue (create an issue with newest major version of factorio that needs fixing to)
It's the only way to reach me and make me aware of the issue when I'm not that involved with the game.

thegroundbelowme
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by thegroundbelowme »

The fluid crafting isn't working because you only have "crafting" in the list of crafting_categories. You need to change

Code: Select all

crafting_categories = {"crafting"}
to

Code: Select all

crafting_categories = {"crafting", "crafting-with-fluid", "advanced-crafting"}
in the prototype file

Return to “Mods”