Bugs & FAQ

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bugs & FAQ

Post by mexmer »

manifold0 wrote:
mexmer wrote:list of my mods
Thanks for that. Looks pretty comparable. I don't see how I'm running into so many issues with Petro. Take it out and everything is fine, though.

*edit*

Seems like it was a problem with not having the AngelsTriggers Petrochem. Not sure why that was it, but that's resolved the carbon issue and the missing prototype.
converter recipes should be only for conversion valve afaik, so you can convert from petrochem fluids to legacy fluid, if there are recipes that still need them.
but i might be mistaken.

i just have installed all angels and bobs mods available from mod portal + manualy converted refining.
tried to use smelting, but did back from it, it's nice mod, but indeed unfinished.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

manifold0 wrote:Interesting. I find the in-game a little hard to use. Certainly more difficult than downloading all the .zip files separately.

The complicating factor that I'm running into is that I want it to be something that I can deploy to a server more easily. And then anyone who connects needs the mods to (I'm assuming, perhaps the server can provide them, but I didn't think that was likely). So then I'm zipping them all up and dropping them in my Google Drive so I can link people to the "mod pack" that the server is running.

So a fresh reload and making sure I had the trigger seems to work locally. I'm moving that mods folder and a fresh save file to the server to see what happens over there.
The in-game is annoying when you want to install multiple mods, but for the updates it's fine. I just make a copy of my mods to my server. rsync do a wonderful job for that :) .
tried to use smelting, but did back from it, it's nice mod, but indeed unfinished.
It's not activated in game. It's a good mod, but as you said, unfinished. I'll wait the final version to play with it on my main game.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

manifold0 wrote:
mexmer wrote:list of my mods
Thanks for that. Looks pretty comparable. I don't see how I'm running into so many issues with Petro. Take it out and everything is fine, though.

*edit*

Seems like it was a problem with not having the AngelsTriggers Petrochem. Not sure why that was it, but that's resolved the carbon issue and the missing prototype.
The converter trigger is just a helper, the recipes are always there, the trigger will only unhide them, so you can actually see them in the crafting menu, to give an idea what converts to what.

If you stuff in the mod to a already running game you might have to reset recipes and technology by hand, or load an older version, load the game, save the game, update the mod and load the game again to trigger migration, but that wont always work.

To your load issue, you might just have been lucky that the trigger changed the load order somehow. I actually have to look through the bob revamps mods if there is anything in there that will conflict with changes I do.

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Breith wrote:The in-game is annoying when you want to install multiple mods, but for the updates it's fine. I just make a copy of my mods to my server. rsync do a wonderful job for that :) .
I just found this and tossed it into the server. Haven't had a chance to test, but it looks good. Nice setup with cron, too.

https://github.com/astevens/factorio-mod-updater

manifold0
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by manifold0 »

Arch666Angel wrote:The converter trigger is just a helper, the recipes are always there, the trigger will only unhide them, so you can actually see them in the crafting menu, to give an idea what converts to what.

If you stuff in the mod to a already running game you might have to reset recipes and technology by hand, or load an older version, load the game, save the game, update the mod and load the game again to trigger migration, but that wont always work.

To your load issue, you might just have been lucky that the trigger changed the load order somehow. I actually have to look through the bob revamps mods if there is anything in there that will conflict with changes I do.
I think you're right about the load order changing kinda arbitrarily. Nice that it works, but not a real fix.

As to the reset, I installed the mods and started a new game. I had no mods installed before that. Still not sure why the carbon was messed up before or what I did in the last eight hours that fixed it. Time to go home and see if my other computer will behave as nicely as this one did.

Also should probably rethink how good/bad an idea it was to put Factorio on my work machine. Too hard to put down!

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

manifold0 wrote:
Breith wrote:The in-game is annoying when you want to install multiple mods, but for the updates it's fine. I just make a copy of my mods to my server. rsync do a wonderful job for that :) .
I just found this and tossed it into the server. Haven't had a chance to test, but it looks good. Nice setup with cron, too.

https://github.com/astevens/factorio-mod-updater
Oh nice. I'll keep that link somewhere. Thanks.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

I'm stuck... Where are the damned Plastic Bar with Petrochem ?! Now I can do plastic propane, but I do not see how to transform that to classic plastic bar. It's kind of annoying... I cannot do the advanced electronic board without it (the white ones).

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Breith wrote:I do not see how to transform that to classic plastic bar. It's kind of annoying...
The petrochem plastic gives you the classic one. Just the crafting recipe icon is different.

Well, at least it worked like that a couple of minor versions ago

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

Breith wrote:I'm stuck... Where are the damned Plastic Bar with Petrochem ?! Now I can do plastic propane, but I do not see how to transform that to classic plastic bar. It's kind of annoying... I cannot do the advanced electronic board without it (the white ones).
petrochem plastic, either it's propene, styrene, or (whatever is called that third one), can be used in all recipes that require plastic (for example batteries)

it has different crafting icons, but output is plastic bar. i use it for batteries and also transistors without problems.

@hoho - yes, works still the same, played with that just yesterday.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

hoho wrote:
Breith wrote:I do not see how to transform that to classic plastic bar. It's kind of annoying...
The petrochem plastic gives you the classic one. Just the crafting recipe icon is different.

Well, at least it worked like that a couple of minor versions ago
Mmm... I was expecting the change in the recipes showing that now it uses the new plastic bar... But it's true I didn't try... I'll have to make propane plastic tonight!

Thanks guys.

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

Can't produce carbon with petrochem.

I reset the recipe and technologies, tried reloading the recipe for carbon, and tried to reload the technology stuff. Still isn't working.

Any idea?

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Angels Smelting missing item group key in locale

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kiba »

I figured it out.

It was not obvious where I can produce carbon.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Where are all the colored catalysts gone?
Seeing only the brown one with latest smelting and refining.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Using refining 0.3.6, smelting 0.1.1, petrochem 0.1.12 and infiniteores 0.4.1 I'm getting "error in assignID, technology with name 'coal-processing-2' does not exist."

[edit]

Duh! Apparently, I had forgot to update my mods before installing smelting from mod portal.

Remember, kids, always update mods before installing new ones. New ones might have dependencies on the updated mods.

Berserker55
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Berserker55 »

I'm rather confused with angel's petrochem (also using refining and bobs).
There is no recipe for vanilla plastics, but it is needed for all vanilla/bob recipes and then there are 3 angels petrochem plastics that as far as I can tell, aren't used in any recipes at all.

Breith
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Breith »

Berserker55 wrote:There is no recipe for vanilla plastics, but it is needed for all vanilla/bob recipes and then there are 3 angels petrochem plastics that as far as I can tell, aren't used in any recipes at all.
I had the same reaction yesterday. From what I have been answered (see a few post above) the name is different but all Petrochem plastics can be used as the regular Plastic Bar in the recipes that ask some. I'm going to check that later today, but I see no reason why this could be wrong.

Warringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Warringer »

While trying to update my Marathon settings to include Smelting, I'd like to note that you have made a slight error/typo in 'angels-smelting-coal.lua'. You got the recipe named 'chrome-ore-processing', instead of 'coal-ore-processing'.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Warringer wrote:While trying to update my Marathon settings to include Smelting, I'd like to note that you have made a slight error/typo in 'angels-smelting-coal.lua'. You got the recipe named 'chrome-ore-processing', instead of 'coal-ore-processing'.
This file actually can be deleted, since the coal chain is in petrochem now and it isn't even loaded :)

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

Something we just noticed which is sort of a bug or oddity anyway.

When setting up carbon production, we feed crushed coal into furnaces. Instead of putting 5 as fuel, it completely fills the fuel box before it will produce any coke.

Return to “Angels Mods”