Simple Questions and Short Answers

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
PuppySizedElephant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Building menu cut-off at bottom

Post by PuppySizedElephant »

When I move the cursor over a building to view information about it, lots of information is often cut-off at the bottom of the screen or is obscured by my weapons and armor toolbar. Is there a way to expand or scroll through the building menu to view this information? I am using what is currently the latest beta, 13.16, but I had this same problem in version 12 as well (although the interface in version 13 seems to cut off much more information). This is especially annoying when checking roboports, as I currently have no idea how many robots I have in my network.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Simple Questions and Short Answers

Post by kinnom »

decrease the gui size in the options
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

PuppySizedElephant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by PuppySizedElephant »

Thank you so much. It's not a perfect solution as it also shrinks my inventory menu, which is somewhat annoying, but it will have to do for now.

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

where did the yellow arrows on track signals go?

Post by brunzenstein »

Into oblivion? - they were here (helpful) before but now they are replaced overshadowed somehow with train ghost brackets.
Anyone with a explanation?
Last edited by brunzenstein on Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iceman_1212
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by iceman_1212 »

Are the "Worker Robot Speed" and "Worker Robot Cargo Size" upgrades intended to only affect logistic robots? (They both seem like "worker" robots to me and I just noticed that my construction bots were placing concrete one-by-one despite me having researched a few of the cargo size upgrades.

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Speed/cargo bonus for robots affects both types of robots.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

brunzenstein
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by brunzenstein »

What is the maximum length of a singe train signal block?

Moandco
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Moandco »

Hello guys,

I created a map with one of the first 0.13.X version and I am missing stone outside of the starting area.
I found this bug report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28957
Since then I updated step by step (skipping some versions) until 0.13.17 and moved further away but I don't find any stone.
Do I have to start with a fresh save/map because to reset the map generator or something?
This is really breakig my game with 15h+.

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

brunzenstein wrote:What is the maximum length of a singe train signal block?
none as far as I know.
Moandco wrote:Hello guys,

I created a map with one of the first 0.13.X version and I am missing stone outside of the starting area.
I found this bug report: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28957
Since then I updated step by step (skipping some versions) until 0.13.17 and moved further away but I don't find any stone.
Do I have to start with a fresh save/map because to reset the map generator or something?
This is really breakig my game with 15h+.
you can break rocks to get stone

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

kinnom wrote:you can break rocks to get stone
I guess he wants a little more stone than that and I also suppose he wants to mine it and not have to collect it manually.

Stone is a lot more rare in 0.13 compared to 0.12, just keep looking and you will find some eventually.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

siggboy wrote:
kinnom wrote:you can break rocks to get stone
I guess he wants a little more stone than that and I also suppose he wants to mine it and not have to collect it manually.

Stone is a lot more rare in 0.13 compared to 0.12, just keep looking and you will find some eventually.
but you need some stone for the initial setup. rocks give enough for that

spinba11
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by spinba11 »

I've forgot how to save a slot in a chest for a certain item, I've had a look in the setting but can't find anything can someone remind me please?

rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rolfl »

spinba11 wrote:I've forgot how to save a slot in a chest for a certain item, I've had a look in the setting but can't find anything can someone remind me please?
Middle-mouse-button to set the reservation ;-)

Put the item in the slot, then middle-click it to preserve the reservation. It works for your own slots (your toolbelt), and for train wagons (and other vehicles).... not chests though: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Chests

Thegrover
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Thegrover »

rolfl wrote:
spinba11 wrote:I've forgot how to save a slot in a chest for a certain item, I've had a look in the setting but can't find anything can someone remind me please?
Middle-mouse-button to set the reservation ;-)

Put the item in the slot, then middle-click it to preserve the reservation. It works for your own slots (your toolbelt), and for train wagons (and other vehicles).... not chests though: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?title=Chests
For things like train cars, where you need to reserve many slots for the same item, you can put the item in your hand and middle click on empty slots. Much faster and less frustrating

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Acarin »

rolfl wrote:It works for your own slots (your toolbelt),
:shock: I did not know this bit! Yay, no more swearing at the screen because my pipe-to-ground moved to my blue belt position in my toolbelt...

Acarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Clarification on Log Network

Post by Acarin »

If I have a Requester Chest set to want 100 iron ore, does that propagate across the logistics network as -100 in stock? I need to know so that I can set up some circuit functions, but it won't work if the network reads as zero (if there is none anywhere else). It certainly doesn't show as -100 when you cursor over a chest...

rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rolfl »

Acarin wrote:If I have a Requester Chest set to want 100 iron ore, does that propagate across the logistics network as -100 in stock? I need to know so that I can set up some circuit functions, but it won't work if the network reads as zero (if there is none anywhere else). It certainly doesn't show as -100 when you cursor over a chest...
According to the wiki - yes: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... ve_numbers :
The logistic network numbers report items in provider and storage chests, minus the amount of items scheduled to be picked up by robots. When negative numbers are shown, it means that more items are being requested than are available in the network
...but this applies to the "visual display in the right panel". I don't know if the negative values are represented in the logistics network conditions too.... have you tried to see for yourself? What if you have a request for something you don't have in stock, what does the network say you have?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

The negative numbers are only those that a Logistics bot is trying to collect, not a deficit of the network.

For example, say you have a chest with one iron plate in it, your logistics inventory will show one iron plate. Then you put down a chest asking for 100 iron plates and a logistics bot goes to collect the one you have.

If your bot inventory size is 4, the logistics bot will attempt to collect 4 iron plates from the chest you have which it deducts from the logistic inventory. It doesn't care that there is only one in the chest so your logistic inventory now shows -3 iron. Once the item is picked up, iron plates will be at 0 so will not show at all.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

RikkiLook
Inserter
Inserter

Post by RikkiLook »

???
How to do

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

You put down a blueprint containing modules, Those icons will go away after robots put the modules into the machine.

Return to “Gameplay Help”