Friday facts #154 - Challenge us

Regular reports on Factorio development.
Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Friday facts #154 - Challenge us

Post by Zeblote »

Mengmoshu wrote:Belts used to behave more realistically, but when the belt code was optimized a while back they changed it to what we have now.
Belts used to behave like garbage, all corners broken. There was nothing realistic or good about it.

Now I don't know how the belts work exactly, but they could probably stretch the outer lane a bit so they move at the same speed?

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Friday facts #154 - Challenge us

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Haha, I was watching the earlier Railworld videos by Bentham recently and he occasionally had things like a belt very slowly moving three lanes of ore, or a corner where items were falling off the belt and blocking items on the belt. Is good this sort of thing no longer happens.

The simplest approach would probably be to change the belt graphics, though given they've just been updated to high res this isn't likely to happen. Would be nice if the belts were clearer how they handled corners, I set up a circuit to time items on a belt loop only to discover halfway through the lanes were different lengths and I had to redo half of it, but it's not a huge issue.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “News”