Fun animated GIF from bad "There is no spoon" run

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

PKing Zombie Spy
Inserter
Inserter

Fun animated GIF from bad "There is no spoon" run

Post by PKing Zombie Spy »

I most recently played a game expressly to get "There is no spoon" (win in 8 hours) and did so in a very cowardly way, by building my base at least "twice" with saves: every time I attempted an expansion I'd save, build what I wanted once (which took me a while as I figured out what I really wanted to do), then reloaded once I finished, then built it again (often taking a fraction of the original time). Plus, I used separate saves each time in case I needed to backtrack to keep my "throughput" at target levels, so I had 35 saves at the end -- savescumming in the worst way. A grueling and miserable process. And the base wasn't even that efficient and its throughput was barely adequate. (So I guess what I'm getting at is, I'm no AntiElitz.)

However there was one thing that I found enjoyable, after the game: I took these 35 saves, and using console commands, created 35 screenshots as PNGs, and collated them into an animated GIF. (Sorry about the smoke. :oops: ) I found it pretty hypnotic to just watch, so I thought I'd share. My favorite part, I think, is how the forest in the lower-left corner of the screen withers and dies as my pollution gets more and more out of control. :twisted:

The below image is a link, to the actual larger GIF. Be forewarned, if you click the image below, the linked GIF is 17MB, and 2000x1245, so it may take a little bit to load. (The reduced version pictured below is only 2MB but you can't tell much from it.)

TheVeteraNoob
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Fun animated GIF from bad "There is no spoon" run

Post by TheVeteraNoob »

The steam engines + wind really make the gif

PKing Zombie Spy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by PKing Zombie Spy »

TheVeteraNoob wrote:The steam engines + wind really make the gif
Heh. Well, it certainly makes it in the sense that it probably makes up most of it, in terms of bytes. I take a look at the frames, and about half of each frame is capturing those silly things. I'm surprised but happy to hear you liked that part; I considered it a slight blunder.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

TheVeteraNoob wrote:The steam engines + wind really make the gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPDcSsVgbcY&t=95m12s

Return to “Show your Creations”