[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

Lochar
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by Lochar »

bobingabout wrote:Of course, instead of downgrading factorio, you did have other options available.

you could have manually deleted/disabled the mod in the mods folder (disable by manually editing mod-list, or just delete the folder/zip of the mod), or you could have gone to mods.factorio.com, there's a link to my mod in the announce post on this forum, and manually downloaded the update.

But, for this situation, there should be a... fix to make it easier for people to load the game. Perhaps when a mod loading error occurs, the game should pop up a message window asking if you want to disable the mod and try again, selecting yes would edit mod-list to disable the mod, then automatically close and restart the game. Selecting no obviously just quits to desktop as normal.
I know I had other options, which is why I didn't call it your fault. As much as I hate Windows, a prompt of 'X mod didn't load last time, would you like to disable it?' would work wonders. :D

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Lochar wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Of course, instead of downgrading factorio, you did have other options available.

you could have manually deleted/disabled the mod in the mods folder (disable by manually editing mod-list, or just delete the folder/zip of the mod), or you could have gone to mods.factorio.com, there's a link to my mod in the announce post on this forum, and manually downloaded the update.

But, for this situation, there should be a... fix to make it easier for people to load the game. Perhaps when a mod loading error occurs, the game should pop up a message window asking if you want to disable the mod and try again, selecting yes would edit mod-list to disable the mod, then automatically close and restart the game. Selecting no obviously just quits to desktop as normal.
I know I had other options, which is why I didn't call it your fault. As much as I hate Windows, a prompt of 'X mod didn't load last time, would you like to disable it?' would work wonders. :D
Better: Auto-Disable, show list of issues after this (i.e. all mods disabled). But yes, this part definitely needs work - right now a bad mod blocks updating the bad mod ;)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

This has probably been mentioned somewhere, I just can't find it at the moment.
I've not played in a few days and now, I can't seem to get to the little inserter interface to change the pick-up and drop-off locations.
I think i use to just shift click to get there. Tech has been researched.

Thanks.

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

TheSAguy wrote:This has probably been mentioned somewhere, I just can't find it at the moment.
I've not played in a few days and now, I can't seem to get to the little inserter interface to change the pick-up and drop-off locations.
I think i use to just shift click to get there. Tech has been researched.

Thanks.
Shift - e to open and close it. You can find mod key bindings on a tab in the control settings menu by the way (I didn't know that till recently too).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

he might mean the other one as part of the logistics mod, on the inserter button at the top of the screen.

There was an issue where once the research was complete, if you didn't use the GUI it would override long handed inserters (sorta intentionally), as well as overriding blueprints (unintentionally). So, I added an enable checkbox to it, which needs to be turned on to change the pickup/drop length.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

nqrott
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nqrott »

with the latest MOD and Factorio Version 0.14.5 the stack tech counting for normal insertes aswell if they took items for a belt.

i understood this in that way, vanilla stack bonus to insertes counts only between chests or buildings.
bob's stack insertes can grab multiple items from belts.

now any inseter is grabbing stackwise from belts.

solntcev
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by solntcev »

nqrott wrote:...

now any inseter is grabbing stackwise from belts.
This is 0.13 (vanilla) addition. All inserters with bonuses uses bonuses on belts.

Right now modders have no control over it and it can break some circuit setups that expect single items placed on belt.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah. The only thing I can control is how big the bonus is. I separated the stack inserter and standard inserter bonuses, as well as adding levels to the standard inserter to bring it back up to 0.12 levels.
Unfortunately, all inserters operate in stack inserter mode now (pickup/drop whole stacks on belts), and this I can't control.
I also have a Patreon.

nqrott
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by nqrott »

thx for the fast anwser.

so it is up dev to fix it.

i love the idea of control if a inserter can stack or not.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah. The only thing I can control is how big the bonus is. I separated the stack inserter and standard inserter bonuses, as well as adding levels to the standard inserter to bring it back up to 0.12 levels.
Unfortunately, all inserters operate in stack inserter mode now (pickup/drop whole stacks on belts), and this I can't control.
Speaking of this. On your next round of config updates can you add a config to "remove" then normal inserter stack size technology. I like to keep my regular inserters at 1 item and don't want to risk learning the tech (or having it show up in my list as unresearched..

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nexela wrote:
bobingabout wrote:Yeah. The only thing I can control is how big the bonus is. I separated the stack inserter and standard inserter bonuses, as well as adding levels to the standard inserter to bring it back up to 0.12 levels.
Speaking of this. On your next round of config updates can you add a config to "remove" then normal inserter stack size technology. I like to keep my regular inserters at 1 item and don't want to risk learning the tech (or having it show up in my list as unresearched..
hmmmm... although it is possible... it could also be abused. removing the research wouldn't unlearn the technology, so you could learn it to gain the bonuses, then remove it from the game via config, bonuses remain. Load game, save game, the record of the technology existing is removed, turn them back on, they're researchable again, learn the research, stack size is now 9....

Or at least that's how I imagine it being possible, I haven't actually tried this yet, but I'm fairly sure if you remove a research, load, save, then add it again, when you load the game the technology is researchable again. For most researches this isn't a problem, in fact probably a good thing because the effects (unlocked recipes) would have been forgotten too, but that's not the way bonuses work.
I also have a Patreon.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

To get only 1 item with the inserter try this ...
And you can research what you want.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28110#p181710

It works great!

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Is there any interest in flow controls straight pipes for bobs?

Only gfx work left but since I don't use the straight pipes if nobody is interested I will just shelve it :)
Attachments
straightsforbobs.png
straightsforbobs.png (243.64 KiB) Viewed 5089 times

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

I have had a few requests to do it, but considering I only really added them as recipe intermediates, I don't plan to do it myself.

If you're almost done already, My suggestion would be to finish it off and put it on the mod portal, I'm sure people would use it.
I also have a Patreon.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

The easy part was the code side. Just a bunch of pairs loops :). The Gfx will take me a lil bit and they probably won't be perfect because I still have trouble drawing a straight line using a straight line tool!

Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ratzap »

bobingabout wrote:I have had a few requests to do it, but considering I only really added them as recipe intermediates, I don't plan to do it myself.

If you're almost done already, My suggestion would be to finish it off and put it on the mod portal, I'm sure people would use it.
I would echo this and just add that Gotlags flow control is not something you need all the time in a game but when you do it's a life saver. We've all been there, built something and come to lay the last few bits of pipe - aw nuts, the input is going to leak to the output. Lift and relay? Or drop in one elbow pipe... For that reason I use it in all my games, maybe only end up using 2 or 3 pieces of straight pipe but those pieces are critical.

The thing with doing all the pipe types in Bobs is a lot of them are just not really worth using. The size 5 ones are plain broken due to the game engine and the 20s tend to be too big to move around. I tend to have iron pipe everywhere until I can use tungsten (the black ones anyway) - size 10, long underground and they look nifty.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Speaking of pipes...

Is it possible to code a fluid tank with the look and capacity of a pipe so that i can connect a circuit wire to it?
This would be really awesome.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

steinio wrote:Speaking of pipes...

Is it possible to code a fluid tank with the look and capacity of a pipe so that i can connect a circuit wire to it?
This would be really awesome.

Greetings steinio
It's possible, some mod even have valve (1x1) that are connectable to circuit network and are modded storage tank in the first place. You should find on the mod portal what you need, depending on why you want to connect a pipe to circuit network.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Kryzeth
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Kryzeth »

Ahaaa... so it was this mod that did it! The little inserter icon in the upper right, it was this mod that added it. Is there any chance to add a config to disable that? The options that appear there don't really apply to me (since I use Side Inserters mod instead), and it's annoying to have an icon up there taking up space (with EvoGUI, KBlueprints, Black Market, and Color Picker all vying for the same space).

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It was originally going to be show and hide on a key combination (Shift + I, I think, I for Inserter. But people convinced me that it should be on a button at the top of the screen instead.) I suppose I could add a Shift + I to enable/disable the button
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”