circut network questions

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

circut network questions

Post by Philip017 »

perhaps these have been in development and not yet implemented...

i can not compare the same items, example:
i have copper on belt A and more copper on belt B, i can not compare how much is on belt A to belt B, it adds them, even adding a decider to output the input value to a new signal - outputs nothing instead

setting up a rail signal to the circuit network where there is only one rail signal on the entire rail, the rail signal doesn't work. instead blinks green, yellow, red, and does not close the gate based on the input value.
example, i have all my chests wired up to tell the circuit network how much copper is in them, then i set the rail signal to if i have more than this much copper in my chests, stop the train. instead i have to set the train to wait till the cargo container is empty before moving, or also set the train based on circuit network signal sent to the train station.
if it worked the way i would like to have it setup i would be able to glance at the map and know my train was going to be at the station waiting for delivery, vs it could take off any second and run me over. yes i can probably work this out differently as well.
also train station circuit logic seems to be dependent on the train station the train is docked at, and not sent to another train station.

it would be nice to have a "not equals to" in the deciders as well.
Last edited by Philip017 on Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: circut network questions

Post by aober93 »

It is possible to wire the same signal twice(ie copper) to a combinator via green and red wire because these 2 wires never connect. But you cannot compare the same signal. You had to wire one thru a combinator to change signal. IE copper*1 = A (input count). This turns one copper signal to an A signal. Now you can compare the other copper vs A with a decider combinator.

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: circut network questions

Post by Philip017 »

i didn't think of trying the *1 i tried the >1 but that failed to yield any output, thanks for the tip

Return to “Gameplay Help”