Friday facts #154 - Challenge us

Regular reports on Factorio development.
dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Friday facts #154 - Challenge us

Post by dasiro »

BlackKnight wrote:Can hardly wait for the hi res update. My only concern is what specs this update is going to require -- and if my computer will be able to run it. On testing WaiTex, the fps slowed to an unplayable level.. sooo, although super excited, it may not be possible to actually use it :(.
compared to other games a lot of the textures can be recycled and shouldn't hog extra video memory once they're cached + the screen-speed at which you move in a train isn't nearly as fast as in fast-paced FPS-shooters

boksiora
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by boksiora »

pls extend the endgame and make space station and colonizing of new planets :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

Supercheese wrote:
DrFluffeh wrote:If everything is high res please make it an option. I have been playing for a while and I've fallen in love with the classic low res!
Surely it will be optional, no need to worry. :)
There already a sprite quality option that turn the game into some 8/16 bit horror, so they won't even have to code anything for that.

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

wwdragon wrote:I've gotten the one released today and the basic track laying is working again, but the shift click laying still doesn't work anymore.
If it really is a problem why not fill a proper bug report ?
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

rbrucemtl
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rbrucemtl »

HD Graphics... soon please!! :)

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Finally, better graphics :D

The shadow of the new underground belt is wrong, though.

Andrzejef
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Andrzejef »

Hey, any chance of getting OUR hands on that embedded C++ editor (to script bots to automatically search and errect forward camps and factories)? The idea gets me somewhat thrilled, one can say to bits.

Should I show myself out? :P

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Heh i won few rounds, it's fun!

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I cant wait for the Hi-Res!!!

On other news, have you ever thought about changing the achievement disable mechanic? I understand that Steam achievements should not be synced if you use mods/console commands/whatever but... totally disabling internal achievements even when the player uses a console command or uses a scenario seems to harsh!
Sometimes, stuff goes wrong and a command is needed.... Or some cool challenges could be made and shared in scenarios but... achievements are disabled!

Disable only Steam ones, leave the internal ones active. If the player is cheating, is only fooling himself so no big harm....

DuoMog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DuoMog »

roaringdragon2 wrote:The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that the side panels on the blue belts are literally going backwards.
Yup, they definately are going backwards :-)

DuoMog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DuoMog »

Zeblote wrote:Finally, better graphics :D
The shadow of the new underground belt is wrong, though.
Yes, compare the "low res" shadow with the "hi res" shadow and the difference becomes obvious!

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

Thank you Devs for giving us these Beautiful Things after all...
even tho there are currently only used for the Multiplayer thing and are unobtainable in the normal Game.
but about 5 min. in the Entity file made me found them... and they have a Simple ID, which was not worth looking for... i could've guessed it ;-;
just like the Electric Interface thingy
gifs
sry for Gifs... but no idea how to put this in a Section :/

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

DuoMog wrote:
roaringdragon2 wrote:The more I look at it, the more convinced I am that the side panels on the blue belts are literally going backwards.
Yup, they definately are going backwards :-)
That is the wagon-wheel effect.

ZEKE
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZEKE »

Those new high-res belts look really sleek, hope we see a similar treatment for all the other assets soon. :D

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Proxy wrote:Thank you Devs for giving us these Beautiful Things after all...
even tho there are currently only used for the Multiplayer thing and are unobtainable in the normal Game.
but about 5 min. in the Entity file made me found them... and they have a Simple ID, which was not worth looking for... i could've guessed it ;-;
gifs
The loaders were planned but then cancelled because they are too OP. See FFF #128.
There are mods to enable their recipes in game, like my Creative Mode, or add-loader, Loader For Game, Loader Enabler.

The Electric Energy Interface is an accumulator, without GUI, but with configurable energy values (capacity, output/input flow limit) that can be changed by scripts.

Proxy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Proxy »

Mooncat wrote:
gifs
The loaders were planned but then cancelled because they are too OP. See FFF #128.
There are mods to enable their recipes in game, like my Creative Mode, or add-loader, Loader For Game, Loader Enabler.

The Electric Energy Interface is an accumulator, without GUI, but with configurable energy values (capacity, output/input flow limit) that can be changed by scripts.
i knew that they were cancelled, that is why i'm happy to see them ingame.
And they seem a bit OP, but you could just make it use a bit more Pwoer. or needing Lubricant to work at full Speed.
only downside to them is. they cannot output from Wagons...

V453000
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by V453000 »

Proxy wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
gifs

i knew that they were cancelled, that is why i'm happy to see them ingame.
And they seem a bit OP, but you could just make it use a bit more Pwoer. or needing Lubricant to work at full Speed.
only downside to them is. they cannot output from Wagons...
In the end we decided stack inserters are a nicer solution, but since kovarex already had the prototype coded, he just left it in the game for modders to go wild with. :)

Fortanono
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fortanono »

Can I make a suggestion? There should be two magic tanks next to the accumulator, one for petroleum gas and one for lubricant. That way, all oil products are available and half the game isn't unsused.

FumblerX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FumblerX »

It all looks good next up a HD caracter model.
Are there any plans on enabling texture packs/mods that can be HD or UHD?
Then the vanilla game can keep it's orginal look and feal, and save on man power, while we can all make our own texture packs in hd og sd we want.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

What will the effect of the switch to high-rez graphics be, on the system requirements? What size graphics card will be required?

Return to “News”