How do I get Golem achievement?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
smallhuman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How do I get Golem achievement?

Post by smallhuman »

I really can't get the achievement.
I'd been surrounded by many monsters and turrets, but I only got 100 damage at once.

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: How do I get Golem achievement?

Post by nonstickfrypan »

Visit Mordor and throw your character into the depths of Mount Doom

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Stand on the railroad tracks and wait. You're guaranteed to get at least one achievement. ;)

smallhuman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by smallhuman »

nonstickfrypan wrote:Visit Mordor and throw your character into the depths of Mount Doom
haha. Starting my honorable quest. Yeah!

smallhuman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by smallhuman »

DaveMcW wrote:Stand on the railroad tracks and wait. You're guaranteed to get at least one achievement. ;)
Yeah. I got an achievement. :)

smallhuman
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by smallhuman »

DaveMcW wrote:Stand on the railroad tracks and wait. You're guaranteed to get at least one achievement. ;)
Wow. You got really right answer. Thanks :)
I got it by impact by train in appropriate speed.

nonstickfrypan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nonstickfrypan »

I think that my answer was better :D

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Another way should be to jump out of a moving tank then run in front of it.

Killtyrant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Killtyrant »

You need to get hit by a train at full speed. However, please bare in mind your armors natural resistance to impact/physical damage. If you get hit by a train and you still aren't getting the achievement, place a cargo wagon on it and load it up with ore/junk to increase its weight. That should do the trick if you are still having issues getting it.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

i tried it in lots of different ways, but it seems to stay at 100, either I die by the tank/train or it doesn't do more than 100 dmg. I removed my armor, tried standing on the track with my car/tank,..

zebediah49
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zebediah49 »

dasiro wrote:i tried it in lots of different ways, but it seems to stay at 100, either I die by the tank/train or it doesn't do more than 100 dmg. I removed my armor, tried standing on the track with my car/tank,..
You'll need to use modular armor (or better), with at least five mk1 or two mk2 shields -- more makes it a lot easier to do with out dieing.

I believe the player has 100 health, a mk1 shield provides 100 points of shielding, and a mk2 provides 300 points. So without enough shielding, it's impossible to take 500 damage without dieing.

Mehve
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mehve »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that shield damage counts towards this title. In my case, I (accidentally) took a loaded speeding train to the face and came out missing at least two of my MK2 shield banks, but no health damage, and the achievement came up for me.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

For my part, I made a big loop with two station on a side in the middle, I took a modular armor with 1 fusion and some mk2 shields, then put a train and shedule it to get it staight in the face at full speed ...

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

mk1 shields are 50 hp and mk2 are 150 hp, player hp is 100. So you need 400+ hp from shields, so 8 mk1s or 3 mk2s.

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

I had a quick save right while I was on the tracks and a train was leaving its station, so I just stood on the track. Had four MK2 shields I think and thought I could probably have got away with one less but that's the way to do it.

Actually it's pretty cool that once you get enough shields you don't have to worry about being killed by your trains any more, and it doesn't damage the train either (just stops it so it's delayed a little).
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

dasiro
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by dasiro »

thx guys, I didn't know you could insert shields into armor :oops: produced 8 mk2's and hit a train full on: achievement done :D

Philip017
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Philip017 »

8 mk2 shields wow, yeah i wasn't able to get it with just 2 mk2 shields like many here, but i was able to get it with 3 mk2 shields, thanks for the tip!

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

Philip017 wrote:8 mk2 shields wow, yeah i wasn't able to get it with just 2 mk2 shields like many here, but i was able to get it with 3 mk2 shields, thanks for the tip!
In Power Armor mk2, you can run 4 Fusion Reactors and 9 Mk2 shields. The reactors are *almost* enough to power all 9 of them at once (240/360 for 9th shield). So you don't get full recharge rate from the last shield, but 1350 shield hp is insane, especially given that, since 0.13, iirc your armor's resist values are applied to damage taken on shield now (unlike in 0.12).

Return to “Gameplay Help”