[MOD 0.15.29+] Creative Mode 0.3.12 - Infinite resources

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Creative Mode 0.1.3 - Instant bp modules, fix

Post by Nexela »

Entity Feature Request ->

A super electric boiler - cold fluid goes in, 100deg fluid comes out :) Or alternatively a boiler that creates fluid and outputs it at 100deg

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Entity Feature Request ->

A super electric boiler - cold fluid goes in, 100deg fluid comes out :) Or alternatively a boiler that creates fluid and outputs it at 100deg
Request accepted. Will also make an entity for cooling fluid.
No electricity is needed. :lol:

Edit: or do we need electricity so we can turn it off with power switch? Maybe also make Fluid Source to require electricity?

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Mooncat wrote:
Anson wrote:Here is a blueprint for testing the throughput ...
The blueprint is awesome. I have no idea what the wires are doing but it just works! :lol:
thanks.
here are some details about it, put in a spoiler so that people interested in only the mod itself don't have to read it :-)
details about the blueprint and the basics of counters, clocks and timing
Mooncat wrote:
Anson wrote:the only value that didn't match was for sideloading MK5 belts with only exactly 1800
Yes, the number for the purple transport belt is weird.
Wild guess: when the 2 lanes are merged into one, a slight offset is applied to each item when it moves to the merged belt, and this offset is causing the belt not compressed if it is in high speed.
my wild guess would be that factorio only handles 1 item every 2 ticks (or 2 every 4 ticks) when sideloading, which would also explain the strangely "round" number of 3600/2 = 1800 items. and while working with blue belts (or even with mk4), that would still be fast enough for fully compressed belts. so why should the developers invest more work than needed for what is available in vanilla ? :-) :-(
in the end, both guesses probably mean the same thing: the implementation is done for vanilla, fast and effective for vanilla, but not for more than MK4.5, and for sideloading at high speeds, we need either a more complicated setup than simply connecting a belt to the side of another belt (something like half of the setup for a load balancer), or a new item that merges belts and/or lanes.

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

wanted to thank you for this mod. the duplicating chest, and passive energy void made tweaking my steam power layout a breeze.

i had one problem with the instant blueprint building. trying to build something while i was standing on it gave an error, then exited the game.
i'm sticking with bots just as a precaution.

one question... is there a way to enable this just for the admin of a muli-player server?

thanks again.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Anson wrote:my wild guess would be that factorio only handles 1 item every 2 ticks (or 2 every 4 ticks) when sideloading, which would also explain the strangely "round" number of 3600/2 = 1800 items. and while working with blue belts (or even with mk4), that would still be fast enough for fully compressed belts. so why should the developers invest more work than needed for what is available in vanilla ? :-) :-(
in the end, both guesses probably mean the same thing: the implementation is done for vanilla, fast and effective for vanilla, but not for more than MK4.5, and for sideloading at high speeds, we need either a more complicated setup than simply connecting a belt to the side of another belt (something like half of the setup for a load balancer), or a new item that merges belts and/or lanes.
Your guess makes much more sense. Yes, the developers have said that modders are pushing their engine to the way where it was not designed for. I think these faster belts are one of the examples. :lol:
To merge belts correctly, splitter seems to be able to do the job well.

impetus maximus wrote:wanted to thank you for this mod. the duplicating chest, and passive energy void made tweaking my steam power layout a breeze.

i had one problem with the instant blueprint building. trying to build something while i was standing on it gave an error, then exited the game.
i'm sticking with bots just as a precaution.

one question... is there a way to enable this just for the admin of a muli-player server?

thanks again.
My pleasure. :D
Sorry for the error. I have made a silly mistake and will release the fix soon.

About the admin-only feature, I can't guarantee I can do it right because I am not familiar with multiplayer. And there are some cheats that can only be applied to the whole team rather than each particular player, namely the creative recipes, Enable Loaders and Research All Technologies. So, the best I can do is to make the Creative Mode UI only available to admin.
But before that, I will have to finish the UI first. :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Mooncat wrote: About the admin-only feature, I can't guarantee I can do it right because I am not familiar with multiplayer. And there are some cheats that can only be applied to the whole team rather than each particular player, namely the creative recipes, Enable Loaders and Research All Technologies. So, the best I can do is to make the Creative Mode UI only available to admin.
player.admin
returns true in single player, returns true if admin in multiplayer (assuming on this part)
I have some thoughts on how to do this but I will need to set up a server first :)

impetus maximus, is the admin in it's own force?

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Mooncat wrote:
My pleasure. :D
Sorry for the error. I have made a silly mistake and will release the fix soon.

About the admin-only feature, I can't guarantee I can do it right because I am not familiar with multiplayer. And there are some cheats that can only be applied to the whole team rather than each particular player, namely the creative recipes, Enable Loaders and Research All Technologies. So, the best I can do is to make the Creative Mode UI only available to admin.
no problem. glad you got a fix for it. ;)
Nexela wrote: player.admin
returns true in single player, returns true if admin in multiplayer (assuming on this part)
I have some thoughts on how to do this but I will need to set up a server first :)

impetus maximus, is the admin in it's own force?
force as in team? i haven't created my server yet, so i'm not familiar with multiplayer terms.
i'm just looking for tools for admin. don't want to be a bully/cheat or anything.
i'll use command line for stuff but it would be nice to have a GUI for stuff like kick, ban etc.
seems like creative would be great as an admin only tool for setting up scenarios etc.

thanks folks :mrgreen:

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:player.admin
Thanks for the info! Don't know this property has ever existed! :shock:
I was assuming players[1] is always admin, but seems I should correct it.

impetus maximus wrote:force as in team? i haven't created my server yet, so i'm not familiar with multiplayer terms.
i'm just looking for tools for admin. don't want to be a bully/cheat or anything.
i'll use command line for stuff but it would be nice to have a GUI for stuff like kick, ban etc.
seems like creative would be great as an admin only tool for setting up scenarios etc.

thanks folks :mrgreen:
In Factorio, recipes and technologies are shared across teammates. So, if you enable Creative Mode in a multiplayer game, all other players in your team will also be able to craft the creative items. It makes admin-only not very meaningful in my opinion. But I can still make it so other players will not be able to toggle cheats by themselves.

For the kick and ban features, I think they are out-of-scope for this mod. But have you tried binbinhfr's Spacebook? It seems to be the right thing for that purpose. ;)

By the way, v0.1.4 has been released. The error of instant blueprint failure is fixed. Some additional features are also included, like the ability to change item group for the creative chests.
PS: I will update the OP after sleep. :P

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.17+] Creative Mode 0.1.4 - Instant bp error fix

right on. thanks for the SpaceBook link and update. ;)
get some sleep!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Finally updated the OP and provided info about the new chests. Also included info about the possible performance issue of Item Source, Item Void and Duplicator, and alternatives to each of them.
Details about the 2 new commands from v0.1.3 are included.

I will have a 5-day vacation starting from tomorrow and will not be able to check this forum. If there is any problem, any request, or anything you want to say to me, leave a message below and I will check once I return. ;)

Edit: Factorio 0.14 was suddenly released. Unfortunately, it doesn't support mods that are supposed to be compatible to 0.13+, which should also include 0.14. There is discussion about this matter and I sincerely hope the devs can fix this issue.

Currently, if you want to use this mod in 0.14, unzip the mod, open info.json, change the value of "factorio_version" to "0.14". It is optional to whether zip it back or not. Just make sure the unzipped folder and the zip doesn't exist in the same folder when you start the game.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Another cheat for ya to add when you get back :)

player.character.destructible=false -- We are cheating in everything else why not biter immunity.

Also creative mode entities should have destructible=false just because :)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Nexela wrote:Another cheat for ya to add when you get back :)

player.character.destructible=false -- We are cheating in everything else why not biter immunity.

Also creative mode entities should have destructible=false just because :)
Only if it's optional. Not because. There is peaceful mode and you can turn off native spawns completely so adding those cheats to creative mode is not only pointless, but also directly harmful. If I make a world with biters that are hostile it's because I want to be able to test the machanisms of defense and damage dealt.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Well yeah it would be just like all the other cheats, with a checkbox to enable it :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Current bugs and issues, Will flesh these out some more in a bit and possibly shoot you over the fixes if I get to em

1. No remote to see if creative_mode is enabled
2. (assuming) if config for enable all on load is true then running remote.call("creative-mode", disable) immediately turns CM off and back on again and then the box for disabling cheats shows up.
3. Instant BP doesn't like placing items which are immediately destroyed and replaced by a mods on_built_event
4. enable all on load is too spammy :)

and P.S. OMG the defines are strong with this one!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Hi all, I am back~ \o_o/

Thanks for waiting!
About destructible, yes, I will add GUI for toggling player.character.destructible in runtime, and also some options for changing entity.destructible when one is placed. ;)
Nexela wrote:1. No remote to see if creative_mode is enabled
Will add soon.
Nexela wrote:2. (assuming) if config for enable all on load is true then running remote.call("creative-mode", disable) immediately turns CM off and back on again and then the box for disabling cheats shows up.
Confirmed. Thanks!
Nexela wrote:3. Instant BP doesn't like placing items which are immediately destroyed and replaced by a mods on_built_event
Do you know any specific mod I can test with?
Nexela wrote:4. enable all on load is too spammy :)
What does it mean? xD
Nexela wrote:and P.S. OMG the defines are strong with this one!
8-)

By the way, guys,
since 0.13+ mods are not compatible with 0.14, should I move on and make the next version to be 0.14+? :)

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Nexela wrote:3. Instant BP doesn't like placing items which are immediately destroyed and replaced by a mods on_built_event
Do you know any specific mod I can test with?
Natural Evolution Enemies, the artifact collector.
Nexela wrote:4. enable all on load is too spammy :)
What does it mean? xD
This was more of a gripe but................... The cheat enabled messages that pop up when you enable all the cheats. Just curious if you could add a silent check to them for the first time if enable all on load config option is set
something like
if defines.mooncat.really.likes.defines.cheat.this cheat and not global[defines.you.have.been.warned.name] then ....... bah Here is what I did for a quick fix (left the creative mod on and off but hid the rest)
https://gist.github.com/Nexela/45159cf1 ... 34547126bc
Nexela wrote:and P.S. OMG the defines are strong with this one!
8-)
Do you know how hard it was to find the prototype name I needed!!!!!!!!! I had to backtrack through 3 levels of defines! I think you have defines for defines. In fact it got so bad I wrote a script where if I CTRL-G on any entity in game I get a dump with everything I need!
By the way, guys,
since 0.13+ mods are not compatible with 0.14, should I move on and make the next version to be 0.14+? :)
might as well :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Waiting for 0.14 update
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Another bug

Dying in multiplayer does not restore cheats to re-spawned player

Needs to watch for event "on_player_respawned" then loop through and set active cheats

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Nexela wrote:Natural Evolution Enemies, the artifact collector.
Confirmed. But the error message makes me feel that it is a Factorio bug. It complains that the entity is invalid even though we have already checked entity.valid. :?
Adding a 1-tick delay before reviving the entity doesn't work. I will try adding the delay after reviving it, but before raising the event. If that doesn't work either, I will need to submit a bug report.
Nexela wrote:This was more of a gripe but................... The cheat enabled messages that pop up when you enable all the cheats. Just curious if you could add a silent check to them for the first time if enable all on load config option is set
something like
if defines.mooncat.really.likes.defines.cheat.this cheat and not global[defines.you.have.been.warned.name] then ....... bah Here is what I did for a quick fix (left the creative mod on and off but hid the rest)
https://gist.github.com/Nexela/45159cf1 ... 34547126bc
I see what you meant now. I will make a message like "Someone has turned on all cheats." ;)
Nexela wrote:Do you know how hard it was to find the prototype name I needed!!!!!!!!! I had to backtrack through 3 levels of defines! I think you have defines for defines. In fact it got so bad I wrote a script where if I CTRL-G on any entity in game I get a dump with everything I need!
Why do you want to find the prototype name. :shock: I treat the defines like constants. They are values that will be used more than once. And I think no one, other than me, will need to find their actual values. :?

Anyway, the entity names are in the locale files. Because defines don't work there. :P
Nexela wrote:Another bug

Dying in multiplayer does not restore cheats to re-spawned player

Needs to watch for event "on_player_respawned" then loop through and set active cheats
Thanks for reminding me about this.
About the cheats, I am still thinking whether we need to restore them, because there will be GUI for doing that at anytime manually.
But yes, I will still need to restore the GUI for the respawned player. :lol:

aklesey1 wrote:Waiting for 0.14 update
I am making some big features, so there will be some time before I can release the update for 0.14. (And to me, 0.14 is not quite playable because of the left GUI bug.)
If you don't mind, you can change the mod yourself to make it works in 0.14:
1) Unzip the mod.
2) In info.json, find "factorio_version": "0.13"
3) Change it to "factorio_version": "0.14"
4) [Optional] Zip the mod back.
5) Make sure the .zip and the unzipped folder doesn't appear in the same place when you start the game.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Nexela wrote:
Do you know how hard it was to find the prototype name I needed!!!!!!!!! I had to backtrack through 3 levels of defines! I think you have defines for defines. In fact it got so bad I wrote a script where if I CTRL-G on any entity in game I get a dump with everything I need!
Why do you want to find the prototype name. :shock: I treat the defines like constants. They are values that will be used more than once. And I think no one, other than me, will need to find their actual values. :?
Anyway, the entity names are in the locale files. Because defines don't work there. :P
I may have over dramatified it :) and I always forget to check the locale file........

Return to “Mods”