electric-energy-interface should show GUI and circuit signal

Place to ask discuss and request the modding support of Factorio. Don't request mods here.
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

electric-energy-interface should show GUI and circuit signal

Post by Mooncat »

Request:
- open GUI when an electric-energy-interface entity is selected
- electric-energy-interface entity can provide circuit signal about the amount of its stored energy
- just like the behaviors of accumulator

Since the example shows that electric-energy-interface can be used as an accumulator, so I guess these requests are fair? :)

Because I was making configurable energy output and input for my mod, and I wanted to use player.opened to open the configuration GUI. But then I was surprised that electric-energy-interface doesn't have GUI, so it doesn't work on player.opened.

By the way, is it a bug that when usage_priority = "primary-output"...
- if I set energy_usage to "0W" with energy_source.input_flow_limit higher than 0W, animation is not played
- if I set both energy_usage and energy_source.input_flow_limit to higher than 0W and there is no other energy source in the network, animation is played but the Low Power warning is shown when power saturation = power production in game (e.g. there are accumulators absorbing energy) even though I set its entity.energy to be sky high in each tick (so I guess it cannot be used as a generator?)
- if I set both energy_usage and energy_source.input_flow_limit to "0W", animation is not played and Low Power warning is shown when saturation = production
Last edited by Mooncat on Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

aubergine18
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: electric-energy-interface shows GUI and circuit signal

Post by aubergine18 »

OT: I'm still searching for the example of electricity interface since reading release notes - where should I be looking?
Better forum search for modders: Enclose your search term in quotes, eg. "font_color" or "custom-input" - it prevents the forum search from splitting on hypens and underscores, resulting in much more accurate results.

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: electric-energy-interface shows GUI and circuit signal

Post by Mooncat »

aubergine18 wrote:OT: I'm still searching for the example of electricity interface since reading release notes - where should I be looking?
It is at the bottom of base/prototypes/entity/entities.lua

Return to “Modding interface requests”