Any way to quickly insert single modules into furnaces?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
thatguy321
Inserter
Inserter

Any way to quickly insert single modules into furnaces?

Post by thatguy321 »

Hello,

I know that you can run along and hold CTRL key down while a module is in your cursor and click on each furnace and it will insert modules in every slot. But is there a way to do the same thing but only insert a single module? It is tedious to have to enter the gui for every furnace as you go along if you have a lot of furnaces. Thanks for any help!
"I have come here to smelt iron ore and kick biter ass.....and I'm all out of iron ore." -me

thatguy321
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Any way to quickly insert single modules into furnaces?

Post by thatguy321 »

Also it would be nice if there was some kind of deconstruction planner which would allow you to highlight a huge area and remove all modules, but leave the buildings in place.
"I have come here to smelt iron ore and kick biter ass.....and I'm all out of iron ore." -me

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

The "module inserter" mod helps with mass insertion of modules. I'm not sure if it can also mass remove them, I've never needed that.
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Mirco1502
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Mirco1502 »

I know this might be some sort of Power Necroing and I normally don't do that, but since this is one of only two results popping up on google if you search for this kind of problem AND I found a solution, I thought it would be nice/fair to share it here, so the next guy landing here, will be happy, too. =)

Solution: You can add single Modules by "dropping" them over the desired building ( Z key by deafult, check shortcut settings if needed ) like you would do if you drop stuff on the ground or belts.

This way you don't have to use mods in case you're on the hunt for Achievements.

Have a nice day folks!

Sarctoth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sarctoth »

THANK YOU!!!

herrkocur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by herrkocur »

wow, MVP <3

Return to “Gameplay Help”