[0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.7

Doesn't fit in the other categories, like libraries, small fixes or modpacks.
nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13.10] Modpack: Farlands v0.13.0

Post by nagapito »

You should update the blueprint string, newest version supports the blueprint book.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.13.13] Modpack: Farlands v0.13.1

Post by Pandemoneus »

Updated to v0.13.1.
Notable changes:
  • Reduced the richness of ores in the starting area by 40%.
ADDED
Wireless Signals 0.1.0

UPDATED
Angel's Infinite Ores 0.3.1 -> 0.3.5
Angel's Refining 0.2.5 -> 0.2.9
Autofill 1.3.18 -> 1.4.1
Blueprint String 3.0.3 -> 3.1.1
EvoGUI 0.4.106 -> 0.4.107
FARL 0.5.35 -> 0.5.36
Foreman 0.2.3 -> 0.2.4
ItemCount 0.0.3 -> 0.0.4
LogisticsMining 1.0.3 -> 1.0.4
Misanthrope 0.6.2 -> 0.6.8
Nixie Tubes 0.2.2 -> 0.2.6
The Fat Controller 0.4.18 -> 0.4.19
Train Speed Limit 1.0.5 -> 1.0.6
My RSO+Bob's+Angel's modpack: Farlands (outdated)
Mods (current): Resource Labels
Mods (old): Biter Spires

Xexanos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Xexanos »

Thanks for the modpack. I'm quite eager to try it out. One question though:
Did you change any settings inside the files or can we just update with the ingame update option?

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Xexanos wrote:Thanks for the modpack. I'm quite eager to try it out. One question though:
Did you change any settings inside the files or can we just update with the ingame update option?
I did. I tried not to do that and used my Tweak mod instead to modify other configs. Some mods didn't have global config options though, so you can't edit them through other mods.
Following mods have edited configs:
  • MapLabels
  • RSO
  • ScienceCostTweaker (I could actually use my tweak mod for this one too, will do so in the next version)

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Pandemoneus wrote:
Xexanos wrote:Thanks for the modpack. I'm quite eager to try it out. One question though:
I did. I tried not to do that and used my Tweak mod instead to modify other configs. Some mods didn't have global config options though, so you can't edit them through other mods.
  • MapLabels
  • RSO
  • ScienceCostTweaker (I could actually use my tweak mod for this one too, will do so in the next version)
Do you have a diff of the changes you made?

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Baughn wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:
  • MapLabels
  • RSO
Not at hand, no. For Map Labels I added all the mod resources, for RSO I used some config suggestions from Angel and reduced the starting area resources (check the diff vs. the original config), and in ScienceCostTweaker the evolution is set to NoAdjustment.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Pandemoneus wrote:
Baughn wrote:
Pandemoneus wrote:
  • MapLabels
  • RSO
Not at hand, no. For Map Labels I added all the mod resources, for RSO I used some config suggestions from Angel and reduced the starting area resources (check the diff vs. the original config), and in ScienceCostTweaker the evolution is set to NoAdjustment.
I don't know if you're familiar with Unix tools already, or even running this on Linux (or OS X!), but you'd save yourself a lot of trouble by learning to use the diff / patch tools.

Slightly complicated by the mod directories having version names in their names. Still, you might find http://linoxide.com/linux-command/linux ... -examples/ useful.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pandemoneus »

Baughn wrote:I don't know if you're familiar with Unix tools already, or even running this on Linux (or OS X!), but you'd save yourself a lot of trouble by learning to use the diff / patch tools.

Slightly complicated by the mod directories having version names in their names. Still, you might find http://linoxide.com/linux-command/linux ... -examples/ useful.
I don't want to sound rude, but I know about diff tools. My implication was that if you wanted diffs you could check them out yourself. I only gave a quick overview with my post.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Pandemoneus wrote:
Baughn wrote:I don't know if you're familiar with Unix tools already, or even running this on Linux (or OS X!), but you'd save yourself a lot of trouble by learning to use the diff / patch tools.

I don't want to sound rude, but I know about diff tools. My implication was that if you wanted diffs you could check them out yourself. I only gave a quick overview with my post.
Fair enough. Just making sure; it would be a pity if you hadn't.

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

Re. UraniumPower, the fuel assemblies *do not get used up* (yet).

It might just be me, but isn't this a little bad?

Ackos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ackos »

Finally finished my 12.35 map

232 hrs played ( i like a slow game)

Medium biters killed: 381,371
Medium spitters Killed: 316,187
Small spitters killed: 193,444

etc

I guess its time to down load 0.13

Elbrecht
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Elbrecht »

Hey, I am currently playing a game with FarLands, current version.

I have noticed that Mining drills have a extremely high pollution. An MK2 Mining drill has ~179.2 pollution. Is that wanted or is it a bug? I find it extremely high.
If I switch off Misanthrope, the pollution goes down to 25.6.

Is there a setting to change the factor in misanthrope? 180 pollution for a single miner is very high; I would rather go with 50-70.

Cheers,
Elbrecht

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

Hi, a little suggestion:

On your pack tweaks mod, if possible, show a couple of important tips for beginners/noobs at the start of the game like it happens on the campaign.
For example, took me 3 hours to discover that I can bypass the research and make lead plates by just smelting the crushed rubyte. For players that never used angels or even bobs mods(my case) this is really counter intuitive since there is a research for lead plates and the obvious path seems to be bobs way with the chemical processing.

I was going nuts trying to figure out where was the loopwhole, since lead plates required green science packs and for green research I needed lead...

scoin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scoin »

heres a dumb question but what version of the game does this modpack use?

Baughn
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Baughn »

It's right there in the subject, 0.13. Anything from 0.13.13 and up will work.

nagapito
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nagapito »

I sugest changing CHMod locale configuration, that renames Silver to Electrum. He had this crazy idea that you actually mine Electrum and get silver/gold from it, at stupid proportions...
This makes it all very confusing since Electrum is actually Silver for Angels...

LOMS
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by LOMS »

This is most complicated modpack I have seen so far. I can do regular factorio in 5 hours or less, but here it tooks more then 35 hours to get first blue science things. Production queues are insane. Whole modpack is insane. Thank you.

IMO, this mod lacks coal reproduction (for air filtering) and any kind of alternative oil/petrolium gas/plastics. Air filters do need a lot of coal.

I also found some problems:
Stack inserters aren't affected by regular inserters stack size upgrade, so for now I have stack inserter with stack size 3, and cheaply upgraded regular inserter with stack size 3. This doesn't make sense and doesn't match to vanilla.
Oil nodes in starting zone are a bit too poor. I barely have enough plastic for my first blue science research.

_Felix
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by _Felix »

I have some kind of bug. After playing around 4 hours i get every minute this message:

_ _ Misanthrope_ _/libs/biter/overmind.lua:211: missing chunk_pos argument

Thats only happending when im playing on peacefull. Is there any way to deactivate this messages?

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.21] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.2

Post by Pandemoneus »

Hey everyone, I recently managed to update my pack to the newest Factorio version. And the mod list has changed quite a bit too!
Grab the newest version at: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands/releases

Note that this version isn't compatible with older (0.13.*) versions.

Pandemoneus
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.14.20] Modpack: Farlands v0.14.3

Post by Pandemoneus »

0.14.3 is now out. Changelog and files are located on the release page: https://github.com/Pandemoneus/Farlands/releases

Return to “Mod Packs / Libs / Special Interest”