[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

ixnorp
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by ixnorp »

I don't quite understand the "Logistics Zone Interface" item. Would someone be kind enough to offer examples of its usage?

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

ixnorp wrote:I don't quite understand the "Logistics Zone Interface" item. Would someone be kind enough to offer examples of its usage?
I guess you learned how to open this option yourself.
Now input area, is basically grid that defines from each square from inserter inserter would accept materials. Output is on what grid it would output. Offset is used to put on far or near side of the belt. From all of those only offset is not quite obvious. Others just power inserter and see its behavior.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

he asked about logistic zone interface not inserter. the parts of the modular roboport don't have a connection for the circuit network. thats what the interface is for.
the offset gets you the possibility to put things on the near or far side of belts. it has to be 3x3 to get that if you put the output to 45°.

aeros1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by aeros1 »

ukezi wrote:he asked about logistic zone interface not inserter. the parts of the modular roboport don't have a connection for the circuit network. thats what the interface is for.
the offset gets you the possibility to put things on the near or far side of belts. it has to be 3x3 to get that if you put the output to 45°.
Oh derp so true. IT is just connector for circuit network with logistics network.

keirbhaltair
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by keirbhaltair »

So, it almost seems like I might be in the minority here, but I really don't like the new inserter mod and removal of the various types of inserters from this one. The GUI is clunky and I really liked the colour-coding that told you what type of inserter it is at a glance (I mostly only ever used the near and far handed ones, anyway). But most of all, I really don't like how many options the adaptable inserters give you. The game is largely about solving puzzles with space management, having the ability to configure inserters so freely is something I definitely don't want.

For now I've downgraded to the previous version which still has the other types of inserters, but my question is: are those being discontinued for good or will they be at the very least added back in as a config option, maybe expanded for stack near/far handed inserters - no corners, no diagonals, no need for asymmetry, just what we had until now, adapted for 0.13 base?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

The latest WIP version of Logistics includes a small GUI at the top of the screen with 3 checkboxes in it. Long pickup, Long drop and near side of belt. These options basically allow you to configure what the inserters reach will be when placed. (Even though the preview always shows the defaults)

This basically lets you configure the inserters to do the same jobs that the 8 different versions in previous versions used to do, without the need for the configration GUI or Hotkeys of the Adjustable Inserters mod.

I swear, I'll release it soon, I've just been taking a break from developing factorio mods for a week or two.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Hi bobingabout
The pressing issue - can we control count of items that inserter takes and items that inserter puts (stack bouns input and stack bonus output) - I want to control these settings separately from each other and for each individual inserter - please say that possible to modify :?: so we can control that by UI
I'm asking because now inserters works too fast - they taking items too fast and putting items too fast - some times i need that one line must work slower then another line, now its very hard to regulate - i dont want to use combinator circuits too often
If possible to control stack bonus input and stack bonus output your inserters will be divine they will be amazing :D
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

iamwyza
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by iamwyza »

aklesey1 wrote:Hi bobingabout
The pressing issue - can we control count of items that inserter takes and items that inserter puts (stack bouns input and stack bonus output) - I want to control these settings separately from each other and for each individual inserter - please say that possible to modify :?: so we can control that by UI
I'm asking because now inserters works too fast - they taking items too fast and putting items too fast - some times i need that one line must work slower then another line, now its very hard to regulate - i dont want to use combinator circuits too often
If possible to control stack bonus input and stack bonus output your inserters will be divine they will be amazing :D
why not just use the standard inserter? Those things are slow and if you stick it on a red belt they'll only be fast enough to grab a few of an item.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

iamwyza wrote:
aklesey1 wrote:Hi bobingabout
why not just use the standard inserter? Those things are slow and if you stick it on a red belt they'll only be fast enough to grab a few of an item.
My task is getting more control under inserter programming, bobingabout did first useful additions in this way
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

As far as I know, the inserter stack sizes are only controlable by researching to the point you want them to be.

There is no support for using anything other than the maximum stack they can grab. This is a base game issue, and if you look in the ideas and sugestions, and ballancing forums on this site, you'll see it littered with such sugestions.
I also have a Patreon.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Logistics 0.13.8:
* Updated inserter base graphics to align properly.
* Updated old JSON migration scripts to migrate to the newest entity.
* Added inserter config menu to top of screen (inserter in hand always shows the defaults)
I also have a Patreon.

Lunaman
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Lunaman »

Latest update is giving me following error.

Code: Select all

Error while running event on_player_built_entity (ID 6)
Entity is not ghost.
stack traceback:
	__boblogistics__/control.lua:307: in function <__boblogistics__/control.lua:297>
happens in saved game and new game when trying to place a burner mining drill

doc776@gmail.com
Inserter
Inserter

Post by doc776@gmail.com »

same for me, when placing turrets with auto fill

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Same, placing a belt:

mbrx
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mbrx »

Also having problems with line 307 in control.lua, that attempts to check if an entity is a ghost. For now I just extracted the ZIP and changed line 307 to be a comment:

if
entity.type == "inserter"
-- or entity.ghost_type == "inserter"
then

Works for me since I don't have bots yet in this play through, but will probably break something as soon as I do.

jakeyjkp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jakeyjkp »

Ah... I've just posted something similar elsewhere on the Board. I get this error, but this time when placing a pylon:

Script control.lua:356: AutoFill: Defaults Updated
115.284 Error MainLoop.cpp:698: Exception at tick 28031883: Error while running event on_player_built_entity (ID 6)
Entity is not ghost.
stack traceback:
__boblogistics__/control.lua:307: in function <__boblogistics__/control.lua:297>
133.865 Steam API shutdown.
133.869 Goodbye

But otherwise I do enjoy all these mods, and Bob's in particular!

Regards

JJ

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Fixed. Uploading now.

in the script.on_event on_built_entity event:
Replaced

or entity.ghost_type == "inserter"
with

or (entity.type == "entity-ghost" and entity.ghost_type == "inserter")
I also have a Patreon.

SilverSix311
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by SilverSix311 »

So I downloaded the new Bob's Logistics and the GUI button doesn't seem to show anything. The picture shows it "expanded".
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (20.76 KiB) Viewed 8700 times

axazol
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by axazol »

SilverSix311 wrote:So I downloaded the new Bob's Logistics and the GUI button doesn't seem to show anything. The picture shows it "expanded".
How to disable it ?

jakeyjkp
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jakeyjkp »

Excellent! Many thanks Bob.

JJ

Return to “Bob's mods”