Uranium Power

Power generation with atoms.

Moderator: Fatmice

cavro1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by cavro1 »

Huge fan of the mod, I love its ability to rapidly shrink down map space required for energy whilst still making the resource collection a challenge. It's up there with RSO in terms of importance for me, its great!

Do you have in mind a time frame for an update compatible with 0.13? And do you forsee an option for those wanting to retain the trimmed down simplicity of the 72MW reactor assembly?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Support - Uranium Power

Post by Fatmice »

0.13 will be very buggy when it comes out. If needed, I have to first port the 0.6.3 to be 0.13 compatible, then write 0.7, which I will release in stages without gfx, then with some gfx as they are made. Some stage will also loose the ability to make the old buildings but to be replaced by new ones. All of the old buildings will be grandfathered in. Meaning while you can't build them anymore, they will continue to work and remain on the map if you do not remove them. Once you remove them, that is it. I was thinking of reimbursing you the materials so you can build the new version. The new buildings will have a similar feel and shouldn't take up too much space for the reactor complex itself. There will be a group of buildings for the turbine, heat exchange, condensation, and cooling tower. So while some more space will be needed, I think it will improve the impressiveness factor. You will also need space to treat waste, store waste, and recycle the fuel.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Uranium Power

Post by steinio »

Sounds great.

Could you make the parts more modular so all cooling towers can stand in one corner and all turbines in the other of the screen please?

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Okay porting 0.6.3 to Factorio 0.13 is 99% done. The 1% has to do with these blasted circuit_connector_sprites. Almost everything that can be connected to the circuit require these to be defined or the game will crash if you try to connect a wire to them. My hack was to set the distance to 0 and have no sprite nodes just to get the mod loaded and running to see if I needed to fix any code. Thankfully no code needs fixing other than removing of the line "require defines" at the very top. So if circuit_connector_sprites can be fixed tomorrow, then I will release a a 0.6.4, which will be the last version in the 0.6.x line, then I will work on 0.7.x. :)
steinio wrote:Sounds great.

Could you make the parts more modular so all cooling towers can stand in one corner and all turbines in the other of the screen please?

Greetings steinio
Yes, I do want them more modular and controllable via circuit condition.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I'm pleased to announce that 0.6.4 has been released for Factorio 0.13.x. This will mark the end of the 0.6.x branch. I will now begin work on 0.7.x branch. Use this release to build whatever it is what you intend to build with the current buildings as many of them are going away and can not be built in future versions. However, any buildings that you have built from the 0.6.x branch will continue to work and appear in your game world in future versions. Please see first post for patch notes and download information.

johnnyBgoode
Inserter
Inserter

Post by johnnyBgoode »

Fatmice wrote:I'm pleased to announce that 0.6.4 has been released for Factorio 0.13.x. This will mark the end of the 0.6.x branch. I will now begin work on 0.7.x branch. Use this release to build whatever it is what you intend to build with the current buildings as many of them are going away and can not be built in future versions. However, any buildings that you have built from the 0.6.x branch will continue to work and appear in your game world in future versions. Please see first post for patch notes and download information.

Cool! When can we expect the degrading fuel source? My uranite and flourite stores are beginning to fill up :P lol

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

Fuel degradation is part of 0.7.0

Requia
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Requia »

Thanks for the quick .13.x update.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I've tweak the resource generation parameters and merged gfx from a development version of 0.6.3 into 0.6.4. There are some who could not load some of the gfx of the mod in 13.x. Version remains the same just redownload and replace.

ksi_01
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ksi_01 »

Russian localization.
Please use.
Attachments
ru.rar
(4.11 KiB) Downloaded 132 times

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

ksi_01 wrote:Russian localization.
Please use.
Thanks, I've added this to the locale folder. In 0.7.x, you won't be able to build these entities anymore, but they will continue to function and remain in the world.

I've reupload 0.6.4 with ru locale as well as update to some projectile animation, and tweaks to tank shell recipes. Just redownload the mod either from here or on mod portal and replace your current copy. Quit making me improve 0.6.4 so I can work on 0.7.x :P
A-little-help.gif
A-little-help.gif (8.63 MiB) Viewed 8827 times

tonsrd
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tonsrd »

omg that gif icarnt stop watching it
(long time lurker first time poster )

I love everything your mod adds to the game.
I love the all the ammo making gun-turrets more-usefull endgame esp on modded games that change biters like NatEvo or bobs enemies.

do you plan on any other weapons/ammo defence/offence turrets ( ooo maybe a flame turret firing "waste" goo ) ?????

ShinyAfro
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ShinyAfro »

I was playing around making my own private mod to add your (addmitingly OP, not complaining :P) version of bullets to a specific tank mod when i saw your technology icon and i thought i could jazz it up a little, also i added a re-color of sulfur to make it look like a uranium crystal, as part of a private cross mod patch of sorts. I was playing around (as it was my first time really modding) Icon size is 128px, so you will need

Code: Select all

icon_size = 128
, right under the icon file to show them in full in-game, literally had me confused for a while before i got it. You probably know already but maybe someone else reading this may not.

Image Image

Feel free to use em, you don't have to credit me if you don't want to. They literally took 5 minutes each so its no big deal.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

These are cool, thanks!

Whiskey11
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Whiskey11 »

Hey Fatmice, thanks for this mod. I'm absolutely loving the complexity that it adds and I can't wait for the challenge to increase (with actually needing to mine stuff!) Hopefully you'll be able to add the negative side effects too, like meltdowns, etc. Keep up the good work!

I also have a Mod Spotlight uploading to my YouTube Channel so that should help spread the word too!
Whiskey's Gaming Lounge
Just hanging out and playin some games!
https://www.youtube.com/c/whiskey11gaming

doxsroxs
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by doxsroxs »

Hi

This is a really interesting mod, im currently doing my first playthrough with it but have not finished everything yet.

However, I sortof miss the waste disposal aspect of it.
I think you would add a lot to the gameplay by producing waste, this waste can require containers lined with lead so they can be handled safely since radiation was hard to simulate from what I read. (Playing with Bob's mods, so got all sorts of metals) :)

In the next step you can add different types of reactors, each with their own up and down sides.
Personally I would like to see a liquid salt thorium burning reactor, if not just to help propagate knowledge about it so we can move from the old types of reactors we have today. (fusion is still to far away to disregard new reactors imho)

This can be made into a progressive tech tree where you can get better and better reactors and use the newer ones to burn a large part of your waste from older reactors.
There is lots of information regarding reactor design and the different types in the thorium community so information should be available.

Im also pretty sure people there would be willing to help just to help spread the word.
Send train to station ID using combinator signal is a long overdue feature!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=74663

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

The beginning of waste management, fuel reprocessing, and what not is being worked on and will be available in 0.7.x. I'm working on this mod about one hour each day due to how busy I am. However, progress is being made.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Hi, I have question - are there any plans for buildings like steam generator and cooling complex tower but for 144MW reactor?
Or is it supposed for use only with heat exchangers?

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

afk2minute wrote:Hi, I have question - are there any plans for buildings like steam generator and cooling complex tower but for 144MW reactor?
The 144MW reactor is going away. The fuel-assembly reactor will vary the amount of heat output is based on the amount of fuel assemblies that it has. The steam generation, cooling, heat-exchangers, and power-generators are a set of buildings that you will lay down in however you want. These components are compatible with the fuel-assembly reactor and the liquid phase reactor, which are the two reactor types I'm working on.

afk2minute
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by afk2minute »

Fatmice wrote:
afk2minute wrote:Hi, I have question - are there any plans for buildings like steam generator and cooling complex tower but for 144MW reactor?
The 144MW reactor is going away. The fuel-assembly reactor will vary the amount of heat output is based on the amount of fuel assemblies that it has. The steam generation, cooling, heat-exchangers, and power-generators are a set of buildings that you will lay down in however you want. These components are compatible with the fuel-assembly reactor and the liquid phase reactor, which are the two reactor types I'm working on.
That sounds very nice, thanks for the work!

Return to “Atomic Power”