[0.13.X - 0.16.X] Advanced Factorio

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.X - 0.16.X] Advanced Factorio

Post by Neomore »

This is a compilation of a few mods that I keep updated for other mod authors because I enjoy using them.

Advanced Drills
Authors: cj89898 and Neomore (made official by cj)
This mod adds 3 new tiers of electric mining drill for faster mining. Each drill requires 4 of the previous drill plus some circuits, gears, and iron plates. This mod is intended for mid to late game.

Website for original mod: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=16522&p=132033&hil ... s+#p132033

Advanced Electric (formerly UpdatedElectric)
Author: thurak126

A power mod that adds 3 new tiers of solar panels and accumulators. Each tier is 10x the previous in terms of power storage or generation. This mod is intended for mid to late game.

Website for original mod: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=13733

Advanced Logistics (formerly UpGrade and Belts+)
Authors: Zetsubo and yareczek

This mod adds 2 newer versions of pipes and every type of underground belt (length 30 and 50), as well as modifying the base underground pipe and underground belt to be length 10 instead of 5 and 7. Also adds a tier 2 Roboport

Website for original mods: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=3607
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=5981

Advanced Belt Laying (formerly EasyBeltLaying)
Author: Schmendrick

A mod that changes how belts are placed. allowing belts to "autoconnect" and change direction as placed, assuming they are all placed in a continuous click.

Website for original mod: viewtopic.php?f=92&t=14093&hilit=easybelt

Advanced Tanks (formerly Tanks)
Authors: KON_Air and Maser

A tank mod that adds several new varieties of tanks, including tanks with flamethrowers and super-tanks. Also adds a car with a flamethrower, for those who don't want to stop driving to burn things.

Website for original mod: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=17185

Feel free to post comments on what you'd like to see changed. Also, feel free to post/send links to old mods you'd like me to update, and I might add them in if I like them. As for adding items myself...probably not. I might be able to edit code, but writing it is beyond my abilities
Long Description
Pictures
Changelog
Last edited by Neomore on Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:31 am, edited 21 times in total.
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

Check it out here: https://mods.factorio.com/user/neomore

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.12.X][0.13.X] Advanced Factorio

Post by Neomore »

Neomore wrote: Graphics overhaul is likely on the way, so look forward to that.
For those keeping an eye on this mod, it seems that a graphics overhall (major or minor) is not likely to be underway anytime soon. I do not have the software (or the capabilities) to make the textures look the way I would like them to look, so they'll likely stay as they are for a good while.

If anyone has the capabilities and/or software needed to make better graphics than I, and wants to spend a little bit of their time doing so, feel free to PM me about it.

As for future updates, I am currently looking at a few new mods to add to the ones already here, as well as some additions/changes to the 2 mods already here. I won't give any specifics as of now, but keep an eye out for news in the upcoming weeks.
Author of Advanced Factorio, a set of mods that add small bits of Advanced functionality to your gameplay

dillpickle1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dillpickle1 »

I get a 0.883 Error Util.cpp:58: Error in assignID, item with name 'accumulator' does not exist.
every time I load the mod on my PC

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

dillpickle1 wrote:I get a 0.883 Error Util.cpp:58: Error in assignID, item with name 'accumulator' does not exist.
Check if your base mod did not disable itself.

dillpickle1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dillpickle1 »

My base mod is enabled. I get the error when starting the game. So I wouldn't be able to check without removing the mod.

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

dillpickle1 wrote:I get a 0.883 Error Util.cpp:58: Error in assignID, item with name 'accumulator' does not exist.
What version are you using? I just tested this using 0.13.9, and there was no issues.

dillpickle1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dillpickle1 »

I'm using 0.1.1 which is the latest version I can download.

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

No, sorry. I mean which version of Factorio are you using?

Also, are you using Steam or just Factorio

cj89898
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.13.X] Advanced Factorio

Post by cj89898 »

Welp if I ever get back into Factorio I know my one-stop shop for mods ;)

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

After several weeks, I'm proud to introduce another addition to the set of updating mods: Advanced Logistics. This mod is actually a combination of two mods: UpGrade and Easy Belt Layer.

This mod adds 2 upgraded versions of all 3 types of underground belts, as well as 2 upgraded versions of underground pipes. The mod also increases the base distance of the underground belts from 5 to 10, as well as adding easy belt laying.

More information and link in the description

cj89898 wrote:Welp if I ever get back into Factorio I know my one-stop shop for mods ;)
I wouldn't necessarially say that. I'd always suggest you use Factorio Extended if you want a one stop shop. They're the mods I use most of the time, except for Drills and Electric. I feel these solars/accumulators and drills are better than theirs :P

cj89898
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by cj89898 »

Neomore wrote:After several weeks, I'm proud to introduce another addition to the set of updating mods: Advanced Logistics. This mod is actually a combination of two mods: UpGrade and Easy Belt Layer.

This mod adds 2 upgraded versions of all 3 types of underground belts, as well as 2 upgraded versions of underground pipes. The mod also increases the base distance of the underground belts from 5 to 10, as well as adding easy belt laying.

More information and link in the description

cj89898 wrote:Welp if I ever get back into Factorio I know my one-stop shop for mods ;)
I wouldn't necessarially say that. I'd always suggest you use Factorio Extended if you want a one stop shop. They're the mods I use most of the time, except for Drills and Electric. I feel these solars/accumulators and drills are better than theirs :P
Well I guess that's always true. Gotta go everywhere to get what ya want!

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

If you are still seeing this error, or anyone else sees one like it, there is now an announcement on the mod portal about how to fix this error. It is a problem with how Steam and Factorio download updates, not the mod itself.

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

Hi i have a mod request for advanced electric is it possible to hook up the solar panels with a circuit wire to a circuit network so that it can output the power it produces i want to build an alarm with the circuit network that gives off a warning signal when the solar panels are for example: at 70% usage during the day so that i know when to put up more solar panels.

Would be nice if this could also be done on vanilla solar panels

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

Unifire wrote:Hi i have a mod request for advanced electric is it possible to hook up the solar panels with a circuit wire to a circuit network so that it can output the power it produces i want to build an alarm with the circuit network that gives off a warning signal when the solar panels are for example: at 70% usage during the day so that i know when to put up more solar panels.

Unfortunately I cannot do this. I am not a coder. I merely modify other people's code, and update outdated mods that are not being updated anymore (and I like). I do not have the ability to add anything that vanilla doesn't have. If vanilla did this, I could easily add it to my solars. Sorry about that.

That said, if someone else made what you are suggesting, I would gladly add it to the mod (with credit). It's just beyond myself to do such. Perhaps suggest that to the devs. It sounds like something they might like to add to vanilla

Unifire
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Unifire »

Neomore wrote:
Unifire wrote:Hi i have a mod request for advanced electric is it possible to hook up the solar panels with a circuit wire to a circuit network so that it can output the power it produces i want to build an alarm with the circuit network that gives off a warning signal when the solar panels are for example: at 70% usage during the day so that i know when to put up more solar panels.

Unfortunately I cannot do this. I am not a coder. I merely modify other people's code, and update outdated mods that are not being updated anymore (and I like). I do not have the ability to add anything that vanilla doesn't have. If vanilla did this, I could easily add it to my solars. Sorry about that.

That said, if someone else made what you are suggesting, I would gladly add it to the mod (with credit). It's just beyond myself to do such. Perhaps suggest that to the devs. It sounds like something they might like to add to vanilla
ok thx for the fast reply tho

Zerhackos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Zerhackos »

Hi,

just got a exception from Advanced Logistics:

6378.046 Error MainLoop.cpp:665: Exception at tick 424377: Error while running the event handler: __Advanced-Logistics__/control.lua:86: LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

Zerhackos wrote:Hi,

just got a exception from Advanced Logistics:

6378.046 Error MainLoop.cpp:665: Exception at tick 424377: Error while running the event handler: __Advanced-Logistics__/control.lua:86: LuaItemStack API call when LuaItemStack was invalid.
I am unable to replicate the error. Can you send me some more information. Particularly:

What were you doing when the error occurred?
Do you use Steam, Factorio itself, etc.?
If you use Steam, do you have experimental version?
What other mods are you using?

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Is a .14 update to the mod coming?

Neomore
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Neomore »

Qloshae wrote:Is a .14 update to the mod coming?
I have been a bit busy for the last few weeks, but I should be able to get a .14 version of all 4 mods within a day.

UPDATE: All mods should be completely updated now
Last edited by Neomore on Sun Aug 28, 2016 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

Neomore wrote:
Qloshae wrote:Is a .14 update to the mod coming?
I have been a bit busy for the last few weeks, but I should be able to get a .14 version of all 4 mods within a day.
Cool. ^_^ <3

Return to “Mods”