[0.13.10+] auto trash can be lower than player request slots

Bugs that are actually features.
TheUnknown007
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.10+] auto trash can be lower than player request slots

Post by TheUnknown007 »

This is neither game breaking nor hard to fix/avoid (as player), but just some weird behaviour I found.

As the title says, it is possible to set the player request slots higher than the auto trash slots. For example, it is possible to set the request slots to 100 iron, but auto trash to 40.
- This trashes 60 iron.
- Bots come to remove it.
- At the same time, bots see you request 100 and don't have it, so bots come to bring you 60 iron.
- This new iron also gets auto trashed.

Note: the examples in these fixes assume the following situation: request slot is set to 40 iron, auto trash is set to 100 iron.
Suggested fixes (2 suggestions, either of them would solve it):
1) set auto trash minimum to request slots and request slots maximum to auto trash slots (and display a message at attempt to set auto trash lower / request higher than possible)
Example: request cannot be set lower than 40 and auto trash cannot be set higher than 100.

2) automatically change the other when hitting the limit
Example:
- When setting auto trash to 20, also set request slot to 20.
- When setting auto trash to 200, also set auto trash to 200.

protip: I think fix 2 is both easier to implement and more user friendly.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.10+] auto trash can be lower than player request slots

Post by Rseding91 »

That would be very annoying if you changed the slider for a moment by mistake and it changed your requests which is why it's left as it is and relies on you - the player - to determine what you want done.

You can also setup a requester chest to request more than the chest can hold. You can shoot buildings as robots repair them. It's up to you the player to figure out what you actually want :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Not a bug”