Player list w/Bans username list separate from save files

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Player list w/Bans username list separate from save files

Post by supernet2 »

Apologies in advance but i wasn't able to see if their was a similar comment or request like this using the search engine, if their was, please just merge this with the associated thread. Thanks!

The purpose, to limit and enable easier tools for server administration and user management/ban lists

The Request:

Separate usernames via UUID and keep it separate from save files

The end results:

Making it easier for admins and server hosts to remove griefers, destructive players, or modify player inventory if neccessary (or purge bugged profiles easier)

If you need a example of UUID just use starbound as your base reference.

Heres a image as a simple reference, but the jist is, it makes it easier for server admins/hosts to keep a on the fly modifiable ban list separate from save file, regardless if griefer has ever entered server. (This keeps it so reverting to a last save will not wipe griefer ban, and will force a check on ban list so that it will prevent prior reloaded builds from loading up with griefer regaining access to damage, harass, or be destructive to the server, and its user basis.

Edit, reference loaded, as this is the 69th+ griefer to attempt to dismantle, debunk, or otherwise destabilize server stability. Active admins are getting tired of trying to police the griefing and only so much can be done to keep it public while not limiting or restricting it to a password access only server.
Attachments
Reference of griefing and users attempting to advertise despite various attempts to thwart entry
Reference of griefing and users attempting to advertise despite various attempts to thwart entry
Griefers.PNG (195.2 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
Upgraded Bans List to enable banning by username OR UUID w/easier IP banning implementation
Upgraded Bans List to enable banning by username OR UUID w/easier IP banning implementation
UUID Reference 2.PNG (85.67 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
Player Storage IE UUID Location
Player Storage IE UUID Location
UUID Reference.PNG (60.45 KiB) Viewed 2955 times
Last edited by supernet2 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Player list w/Bans username list separate from save files

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=29700 Multiplayer: Banning, avoid Griefing, Blacklisting ....
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

supernet2
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by supernet2 »

Thank you much, as i and many others are attempting to keep a 24/7 live server for all user access, with active admins, the easier it is for us providers to host, the better it is for the community overall, thanks!

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

+1
I don't run a server. I'm in favor of anything that will make it easier for others to host and administer a server.

Grumpalo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Grumpalo »

Posting my support for this too. The main server im playing on now blocks non US/CAN ips as an effort to reduce greifing. I dont like this solution and an alternative would be wonderful.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”