[MOD 0.14.x] Personal Teleporter

Topics and discussion about specific mods

Should I reduce the cost of a Personal Teleporter to only 10 fusion reactors?

Yes (cost 10 fusion reactors)
70%
No (keep cost at 100 fusion reactors)
30%
Other cost
No votes

Total votes: 23

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.x] Personal Teleporter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Quickbowjob wrote:
CaptainRush wrote:hi mods works

but whenever i place a belt or anything i get a "notice sound" and a message "here 7" in the bottom left corner

why is that?
Had to turn off 36 mods 1 by 1 to figure out it was this one :|

O well off for now until next update ;)
I will push an update tonight.
Author of Personal Teleporter

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Quickbowjob wrote:

but whenever i place a belt or anything i get a "notice sound" and a message "here 7" in the bottom left corner

why is that?

the new version 0.1.2 is fixed and removed the "here 7" text.

Quickbowjob
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Quickbowjob »

WhatheWorld wrote:
Quickbowjob wrote:

why is that?

the new version 0.1.2 is fixed and removed the "here 7" text.
Sweet thanks <3

Darkanrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkanrath »

__PersonalTeleporter__/control.lua:22: attempt to index global 'defines' (a nil value)

Not sure why. I put the zip file into the mods folder and have confirmed its the latest version.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Darkanrath wrote:__PersonalTeleporter__/control.lua:22: attempt to index global 'defines' (a nil value)

Not sure why. I put the zip file into the mods folder and have confirmed its the latest version.
I just added a version 0.1.3 see if that fixed the problem.

Darkanrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkanrath »

WhatheWorld wrote:
Darkanrath wrote:__PersonalTeleporter__/control.lua:22: attempt to index global 'defines' (a nil value)

No it has not fixed it. I have checked to make sure its not some conflict with other mods also.
Well I understand why now at least. Its picking up that defines on line 22 is a unknown value.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Darkanrath wrote:
WhatheWorld wrote:

No it has not fixed it. I have checked to make sure its not some conflict with other mods also.
Well I understand why now at least. Its picking up that defines on line 22 is a unknown value.
can you tell me more about your game.
is it multiplayer.
when is it happening when you first make a game or when you add this mod to an existing game.

Darkanrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkanrath »

Darkanrath wrote:
WhatheWorld wrote:

It is singleplayer and happens whenever I want to make a new game. It is a fresh install and everything is fully updated.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Darkanrath wrote:
Darkanrath wrote:
WhatheWorld wrote:

It is singleplayer and happens whenever I want to make a new game. It is a fresh install and everything is fully updated.
Are you using .12 or .13 version of factorio.

Darkanrath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Darkanrath »

WhatheWorld wrote:
Darkanrath wrote:
Darkanrath wrote:
WhatheWorld wrote:

Are you using .12 or .13 version of factorio.
Sorry for the late reply. I am using .12.35 of factorio. Sorry, should've mentioned this earlier. So, now finally looking at that, scratch this because it is my own fault for not double-checking versions. I am sorry for using your time.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

Sorry I did not label it better.

maggi321
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by maggi321 »

I have a suggestion for this mod: Instead of using a maximum distance, as proposed in the voting, could you limit teleportation to beacons in the same logistic network as the players position?
That way you wouldn't be able to teleport from a distant war zone back to the safety of your base, which is one of the things that makes this mod a little OP. Also you could only teleport to a distant ore outpost if you have the same logistic network there as in your base. The Roboports would act as a kind of "teleporting-relays", which seems very reasonable to me. Maybe you could add an option to enable/disable this limitation, for the people who like the way it works right now better.

sporefreak
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by sporefreak »

maggi321 wrote:I have a suggestion for this mod: Instead of using a maximum distance, as proposed in the voting, could you limit teleportation to beacons in the same logistic network as the players position?
That way you wouldn't be able to teleport from a distant war zone back to the safety of your base, which is one of the things that makes this mod a little OP. Also you could only teleport to a distant ore outpost if you have the same logistic network there as in your base. The Roboports would act as a kind of "teleporting-relays", which seems very reasonable to me. Maybe you could add an option to enable/disable this limitation, for the people who like the way it works right now better.
That effectively ruins the whole point of the mod.
Though i would love a config to limit the range.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

maggi321 wrote:I have a suggestion for this mod: Instead of using a maximum distance, as proposed in the voting, could you limit teleportation to beacons in the same logistic network as the players position?
Thank you for the suggestion so much!! but the short answer is no.

the Long answer. I have not touched the logistic network yet in modding and really dont want to. also I dont think it is too OP since it cost a small fortune to craft. but if you have suggestions on how to change the recipe to make it less OP I would love to here them.

DarkHelmet
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkHelmet »

The most recent version crashes:

control.lua:111 guiTelSettings is nil
in the on_gui_click event handler. I had loaded an existing save and had not built any new teleporters since the last update.

I "fixed" this by adding initializeVaiables() right before that line and it seems to work.
A guide to planning your factory's space requirements:
1) Figure out how much space you need, double it to be safe.
2) Wrong! There's never enough space.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

DarkHelmet wrote:The most recent version crashes:

in the on_gui_click event handler. I had loaded an existing save and had not built any new teleporters since the last update.

I "fixed" this by adding initializeVaiables() right before that line and it seems to work.
Found the Problem will be pushing an update in a few minutes.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

DarkHelmet wrote:The most recent version crashes:

This problem is now fixed( v0.1.5). Thanks for the feedback.

Don Leo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Don Leo »

Not sure why but I get 1.0.4 in-game and have to manually download 1.0.5 from the mod portal. Just lettin ya know

keneda83
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by keneda83 »

Hello i installed this mod it was working good then after sometime it shoot me this error each time i want to use the teleporter

Error while running the event handler: __PersonalTeleporter__/control.lua:111: attempt to index global 'guiTelSetting' (a nil value)

does anyone can help me please? thx.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Post by WhatheWorld »

keneda83 wrote:Hello i installed this mod it was working good then after sometime it shoot me this error each time i want to use the teleporter

Error while running the event handler: __PersonalTeleporter__/control.lua:111: attempt to index global 'guiTelSetting' (a nil value)

does anyone can help me please? thx.
I will look into this and try to push an update by the end of today.

Return to “Mods”