[0.13.x] The loader entity doesn't resume loading

Things that has been reported already before.
DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.13.x] The loader entity doesn't resume loading

Post by DevilXD »

The "loader" entity present in the game code is used in my "Loaders" mod: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=27561

One player found an issue - the loader that takes item from the belt and inserts them into a chest stops when the chest is full, but doesn't resume loading when there's room in the again.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Have a loader taking items from the belt and putting them into a chest - limit the chest to only one slot
2. Wait for the slot to completely fill up - notice the loader stops loading.
3. Empty out the chest - the loader doesn't start loading again.

I know that the loaders are not used in the vanilla game and with 0.13 experimental, the crashes and desyncs take priority, but I hope that this will eventually get fixed :)

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [0.13.x] The loader entity doesn't resume loading

Post by Loewchen »

It seems using the entity is not supported: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28280

DevilXD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DevilXD »

Loewchen wrote:It seems using the entity is not supported: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28280
Still, I would like if a developer responded to this bug report first... :)

I understand that it's not a part of the vanilla game, but the loaders are the only way of doing what they are doing, without using control.lua and UPS drops...

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

DevilXD wrote:
Loewchen wrote:It seems using the entity is not supported: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28280

I understand that it's not a part of the vanilla game, but the loaders are the only way of doing what they are doing, without using control.lua and UPS drops...
The entity is not supported.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Rseding91 wrote:
DevilXD wrote:

The entity is not supported.
Seriously? It wouldnt take you long to fix this, and you said the item would be available for modders if it's not added to vanilla...

Then why does it exist at all, if it doesn't work properly and you wont make it usable?

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Zeblote wrote:Seriously? It wouldnt take you long to fix this, and you said the item would be available for modders if it's not added to vanilla...

Then why does it exist at all, if it doesn't work properly and you wont make it usable?
I said no such thing.

It exists because the code exists and deleting it would gain us nothing except not having the code around if we wanted to use it later.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Rseding91 wrote:
Zeblote wrote:Seriously? It wouldnt take you long to fix this, and you said the item would be available for modders if it's not added to vanilla...

I said no such thing.
I remember reading this in the huge topic about loaders... maybe it was someone else?

Still, this is probably trivial compared to the other bugs you're dealing with, can't you take 10 minutes to fix it even if it's not supported? :D

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by posila »

Hi, we have decided to fix and support loader entity after all, even thought we don't plan to use it in vanilla for now.

Thanks for the report.
Fixed for 0.13.14.

Duplicate: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=28280

Return to “Duplicates”