Flask production Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Topas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Flask production Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post by Topas »

This setup should be able to produce one red and one green flask each 2 seconds with tier 1 factories, each 1.5 seconds with tier 2 and 1 per seond with tier 3. The limiting factor then are the inserters, so productivity modules can be used to further push the output.
Attachments
fatorio t1_t2_produktion.jpg
fatorio t1_t2_produktion.jpg (245.58 KiB) Viewed 16502 times

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Flask production Tier 1 and Tier 2

Post by BurnHard »

Well inserters are not really the limit here, you could use multiple inserters at every assembler, even 2 red ones each from gears and wires. Productivity modules will slow the output down since 0.9.0

Looks very similar to my design though :) https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 531#p18472

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

I like this. Very clean. I will base my next science factory on this (closer together, with a combined red+green output belt)

Topas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Topas »

I am currently working on the T3 flask production wich is a BIT more complex. Goal is a factory wich produce 1 Flask per second of T1 to T3 without roboters. BTW: there is so much need of a possibility to choose the side of the belt for the inserters. Also fast and/or smart long arm inserters.

Topas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Topas »

Prototype is done, but untested. It sould produce 0,75 flasks per second (T1 to T4). All seems to fit in the 50x50 area of a roboport. :shock: To have the full one flask per second, you need tier 3 factories and 4 tier 2 productivity upgrades in the fatories for T4 flasks.
Attachments
Factorio_freidrehend_comments.jpg
Factorio_freidrehend_comments.jpg (612.38 KiB) Viewed 16465 times

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Topas wrote:Prototype is done, but untested. It sould produce 0,75 flasks per second (T1 to T4). All seems to fit in the 50x50 area of a roboport. :shock: To have the full one flask per second, you need tier 3 factories and 4 tier 2 productivity upgrades in the fatories for T4 flasks.
Is it important that it fits in 50x50 if you aren't using robots? Good job, either way. I may try to compete with you on this challenge :)
Topas wrote:Goal is a factory wich produce 1 Flask per second of T1 to T3 without roboters. BTW: there is so much need of a possibility to choose the side of the belt for the inserters. Also fast and/or smart long arm inserters.
The mods that provide new inserters all have a "near side belt" inserter. Fast/smart long inserters would be easy to add, if someone wanted to do that.

Topas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Topas »

Nope, the size is not important since there is no use of robots at all. I just realized the size when I build a roboport next to for deconstructing.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Without modules, or with the same amount of modules, one refinery does not produce enough petroleum gas to keep the plastic plant running full time.

Marqee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marqee »

plastic production and sulfur will not for sure be enough with only 1 rafinery shared for both...

in my test factory i was not able to handle the upkeep of n° 4 lvl3 assembling machine producing the blue science pack
neither with 3 rafinery...

cannot imagine with 12

p.s. tell me how you'll handle all the light oil as you try that running pls

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

For now I'm just pumping all my light oil into a steam engine.

Topas
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Topas »

The plan is to crack all the light oil in petroleum, maybe a second refinery is needed... I am testing it and the petroleum comes a litle bit slow, we'll see. The bigger problem are the bugged underground belts wich get stuck all the time...

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

Red and Green packs can be done pretty compact if you share a gear belt between them. The important thing is keeping iron production up to snuff.

Blue Packs are too much a pain in the ass for belts. Build subcomponents elsewhere, transfer what you need via logistic network.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

OK, here is my Tier 1/2/3 factory, based on yours. I did not try to include the refinery yet. I think that with a lot of optimization I could make this factory 2 tiles shorter and narrower and include a refinery and two steam engines, but that would require a lot more underground belts and pipes.
Attachments
out.jpg
out.jpg (455.01 KiB) Viewed 11468 times

Marqee
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Marqee »

sparr wrote:For now I'm just pumping all my light oil into a steam engine.
well that's a solution , but is also a waste.

deradin
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by deradin »

Looks good spar.

I think you have an issue with the pack 3 plants in the bottom right. I think you did not connect the under belt to transport the circuits and batteries. Otherwise, this is one of the better all pack plants that I have seen since the new recipes.
sparr wrote:OK, here is my Tier 1/2/3 factory, based on yours. I did not try to include the refinery yet. I think that with a lot of optimization I could make this factory 2 tiles shorter and narrower and include a refinery and two steam engines, but that would require a lot more underground belts and pipes.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

deradin wrote:I think you have an issue with the pack 3 plants in the bottom right. I think you did not connect the under belt to transport the circuits and batteries.
Oh, hmm. It was definitely connected shortly before taking the screenshot. Sorry about that. Looks like there's more than enough space to fix it, though.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think this is very good, I will take some ideas out from here.Bbut too big. With modules etc, I think about a half or 2/3 of the production is normally enough, especially the blues are really not needed in that amounts. I've calculated that through anywhere else: with the number of assemblies, you could create a high number of blue bottles.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

The only thing I would change about the Tier 2 production setup (in the first picture) is to have the inserters or transport belts output to the right of the factory, running a belt down the right side under the Electronic Circuits (moving the Science Pack 2 production down one tile) into the original output belt. At the moment both inserters and transport belts will be placed on the same side of the transport belt to the Science Pack production area, which could potentially cause issues if transport belts clog the line. That could happen if your iron plate output slows down to the point where the inserter factory gets starved of iron because the Transport Belt factory is first in line to grab iron. The only way to correct that is to put a splitter and additional belts in to attempt to ensure an even distribution of iron between inserter and transport belt factories.

Also, regarding not having enough petroleum, he has Light Oil to Petroleum cracking to increase the amount of Petroleum flowing into the system. If the system required more Petroleum, you could also crack the Heavy into Light and then into Petroleum.

Overall, interesting setup.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Bob9009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bob9009 »

This is the most compact way I could find of making t1/t2 flasks. The lab/forge areas could be tightened up, but just the actaul assembly line I mean.

Code: Select all

http://imgur.com/9h2pbfW
As it is it will keep 6 upgraded labs running constantly
Last edited by Bob9009 on Tue May 13, 2014 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Check production times of the products. Inserters, gears and belts are very fast produced, you only need 1 assembler of each type (with 2 fast inserters each for inserting raw material).

The bottlenecks on your line are are absolutely the slow inserters supplying the assemblers, the circuits and subsequently copper wires (i would transfer copper wires directly from assembler to assembler to utilize inserter stack bonus).

Compare production time of the to see the needed ratio of assemblers for a full production line. Look if the assemblers work 100% of time or add more inserters for supplying or emptying the assemblers.

Return to “Show your Creations”