Blueprint mirroring via shift-R

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Blueprint mirroring via shift-R

Post by Harkonnen604 »

Case - I want to extend steel smelting, and there is convenient place on the opposite side of main bus, so I'd like to blueprint my current steel smelting area and place it flipped on the other side, though with R it will also drop upside-down. Not a big deal, but would be nice if blueprint could be mirrored (e.g. via Shift-R) in addition to rotation.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Blueprint mirroring via shift-R

Post by bobingabout »

I think one of the main reasons why you can't flop blueprints is in the nature of some entities. EG, Oil refinery and chemical plants, their pipe locations would be in the wrong places, train station and lights wouldn't flip too well either.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

I really want blueprint flipping in the base game, it could be a button on the edit blueprint interface. There are also instances where blueprint rotation doesn't work properly (i.e. pumpjacks) so the mere fact that there are a few edge cases where it doesn't work perfectly is not enough reason to not have it at all.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

If, then please not R-key. R is rotation. Shift-R left rotiaion (this is often suggested!). Much better for mirroring: V or I. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Radioactive Pretzels
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Radioactive Pretzels »

bobingabout wrote:I think one of the main reasons why you can't flop blueprints is in the nature of some entities. EG, Oil refinery and chemical plants, their pipe locations would be in the wrong places, train station and lights wouldn't flip too well either.
Then we should remove blueprint rotation too, since some entities aren't properly rotatable, like the non-square rocket silo which can't be placed sideways.

I'm joking. You're right that fluid ordering would be incorrect and people would complain because such a failure is not obvious. But that doesn't mean flipping is not a useful tool for the non-refining cases. Rail stations are a big one for me!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

There are a lot of ideas about flipping fluids: viewtopic.php?f=80&t=15472
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

siggboy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by siggboy »

Blueprint mirroring is an essential feature, and it should be in Vanilla in some form.

If there are limitations, they need to be worked around. There's always a way.

Until then, use a mod that can do it (KBlueprints is your best bet right now, great mod all the way).
Is your railroad worrying you? Doctor T-Junction recommends: Smart, dynamic train deliveries with combinator Magick

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”