Recycling Machines interaction with Yuoki

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Recycling Machines interaction with Yuoki

Post by DRY411S »

After making my Recycling Machines Mod compatible with the other 2 big mod overhauls (Bob's Mods and 5dim's Mods), I am now looking at making it work with Yuoki Industries.

Yuoki is very different in the way it works compared with Bob and 5dim. The Yuoki concept of several different types of assembly machines (crushers, formpresses, infusers, etc.) make it difficult for me to work out what I should be offering to recycle in my machines, and what I shouldn't. Yuoki Atomics also already allows conversion of raw materials into 'unicomp' and 'unicomp' into raw materials, so there is already recycling of a sort built-in to Yuoki.

I would welcome any feedback on this 'Yuoki friendly' version of my mod. It's different from the version on the mod portal, and I wanted to offer it to Yuoki Industries fans for review and suggestions for improvement before I publish it.

EDIT: Test version now deleted from this topic. Official version is available on mod portal.
Last edited by DRY411S on Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Recycling Machines interaction with Yuoki

Post by YuokiTani »

i would suggest recycling only into rich-dust, unicomp (or useful-waste with transfer into uc) as best way. it would simplify the things, because from this you can create all new stuff with enough energy. maybe it's with code possible, so you don't need all the recipes, - throw something in, some uc comes out. (like smelting)

all stuff ^^ can reflected in a uc-value.

recycling recipes looks okay.

Thanks for makeing this addition.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

YuokiTani wrote:i would suggest recycling only into rich-dust, unicomp (or useful-waste with transfer into uc) as best way. it would simplify the things, because from this you can create all new stuff with enough energy. maybe it's with code possible, so you don't need all the recipes, - throw something in, some uc comes out. (like smelting)

all stuff ^^ can reflected in a uc-value.
Thanks for the feedback. The mod is definitely NOT like smelting. That's deliberate, there are other mods that 'smelt'. Mine 'disassembles' :)

So the mod 'reverses' the recipe used to make the item in the first place. By continually adding recycling machines in your factory, you can eventually break everything down to the original ingredients.
YuokiTani wrote:recycling recipes looks okay.
There are some problems though. My mod will not recycle anything that has 2 products. Example, the Yuoki recipe for 'YI-Electric-Mining-Drill' produces the drill and a 'Cult of Techanic Sign'. My machines will accept only 1 ingredient, so will not recycle that drill.

Should I write some code to ignore the Yuoki 'rewards'? The problem with that is that people could build the drill, get the 'Cult of Techanic Sign', recycle the drill, use the output to make another drill and get another 'Cult of Techanic Sign', etc.

What I'm also thinking is that if it's not possible to make the item in an assembling machine, so it's crushed, formpressed, washed, etc, then you cannot recycle it.
YuokiTani wrote:Thanks for makeing this addition.
You're welcome.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

YuokiTani wrote:i would suggest recycling only into rich-dust, unicomp (or useful-waste with transfer into uc) as best way. it would simplify the things, because from this you can create all new stuff with enough energy. maybe it's with code possible, so you don't need all the recipes, - throw something in, some uc comes out. (like smelting)
Hard Crafting mod have something like that. You can put whatever you want and you randomly get coal dust. It'a quite universal because it not base on recipes.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

DRY411S wrote: There are some problems though. My mod will not recycle anything that has 2 products. Example, the Yuoki recipe for 'YI-Electric-Mining-Drill' produces the drill and a 'Cult of Techanic Sign'. My machines will accept only 1 ingredient, so will not recycle that drill.
Should I write some code to ignore the Yuoki 'rewards'? The problem with that is that people could build the drill, get the 'Cult of Techanic Sign', recycle the drill, use the output to make another drill and get another 'Cult of Techanic Sign', etc.
What I'm also thinking is that if it's not possible to make the item in an assembling machine, so it's crushed, formpressed, washed, etc, then you cannot recycle it.
i think it's okay, because i don't see a need to recycle the better stuff (the additional signs are more a reward to get better stuff). personal i only want always recycle vanilla stuff ^^ - the sign-system is new and possible change several times in future - it needs more testing.
i'am not sure how it affects also the ressource-calculation - atm still some issues sometimes with cancel production queue -

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

I have gone ahead and released Yuoki support in the 'official' version of my mod on the portal.

It's probably a bit 'liberal' in what it allows to be recycled.

It doesn't for example make much sense to me that coal dust can be recycled back into coal. :)

But I can reduce the amount of things that can be recycled in future.

The latest version is at: https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/ZRecycling It includes locale support. The test version I attached in this topic did not.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”