Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Calculate optimal ratios for feeding recipes, search through the research-tree, specialized tools to view game-information.
PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Foreman 0.1.9 - A factory optimisation tool.

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

By Steam I meant the game. Mod portal. Not the manual download and move to folder.

For your second question. I'm not sure. My mods/saves are in my steam folder I think. I'll have to wait until I get home to check.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

The Steam version uses the appdata folder for mods/saves, I'm not sure it's even possible to change that. Also, unlike the website installer version, the steam version doesn't create any shortcuts to the mods/saves folder in the install directory (SteamApps\common\Factorio).
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

I didnt know it was possible otherwise

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Sry, but how to use it? I installed the mod via ingame. I build a blueprint but i dont see any menu or anythign...?

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

This isn't the mod for in game. This is a similar named separate program. Download the zip from the first post and copy the files to your computer and run the program.

CLion
Inserter
Inserter

thank you!

Post by CLion »

just wanted to leave a big thanks here, this is the best thing ever

grizzlyatoms
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by grizzlyatoms »

I'm still unable to get foreman to work with bobs mods.. Any ideas anyone?

http://puu.sh/q8Y8g/a795e175d0.png

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

grizzlyatoms wrote:I'm still unable to get foreman to work with bobs mods.. Any ideas anyone?
Using the exact same mods as you, I can get it running fine.
http://puu.sh/qd9iK/d21ead71e7.png

What recipe isn't working?
Is that a crash? Or just the error log logging stuff?

Sirbab
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sirbab »

I seem to be having a similar issue as some others, especially with bob's mods. I'm running the latest version of foreman, and the whole suite of bob's mods including his library. It seems many of his recipes, especially his ores, and some in bob's plates don't work.
The following files could not be loaded due to errors:
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobplates_0.13.2\bobplates_0.13.2\data.lua (...s_0.13.2\bobplates_0.13.2\prototypes\entity\entities.lua:1: module 'pumps' not found:
no field package.preload['pumps']
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Foreman\lua\pumps.lua'
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Foreman\lua\pumps\init.lua'
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Foreman\pumps.lua'
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Foreman\pumps\init.lua'
no file '.\pumps.lua'
no file 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Factorio\data\core\lualib\pumps.lua'
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobplates_0.13.2\bobplates_0.13.2\pumps.lua'
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Foreman\pumps.dll'
no file 'C:\Users\MyName\Desktop\Foreman\loadall.dll'
no file '.\pumps.dll')
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobplates_0.13.2\bobplates_0.13.2\data-updates.lua (...boblibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\recipe-functions.lua:21: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\boblogistics_0.13.7\boblogistics_0.13.7\data-updates.lua (...ibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\technology-functions.lua:155: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobwarfare_0.13.4\bobwarfare_0.13.4\data-updates.lua (...ibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\technology-functions.lua:155: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobpower_0.13.1\bobpower_0.13.1\data-updates.lua (...ibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\technology-functions.lua:155: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobelectronics_0.13.1\bobelectronics_0.13.1\data-updates.lua (...lectronics_0.13.1\bobelectronics_0.13.1\data-updates.lua:10: attempt to index field 'carbon' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobmodules_0.13.0\bobmodules_0.13.0\data-updates.lua (...ibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\technology-functions.lua:155: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobmining_0.13.1\bobmining_0.13.1\data-updates.lua (...ibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\technology-functions.lua:155: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Local\Temp\bobassembly_0.13.0\bobassembly_0.13.0\data-updates.lua (...ibrary_0.13.1\boblibrary_0.13.1\technology-functions.lua:155: attempt to call global 'log' (a nil value))
I directed foreman to my mods directory, and factorio installation, and vanilla items, and non bob recipes seem to work fine. Though i frankly don't understand why it's looking in the local\temp folder, as that is NOT where my mods are stored. and i have it pointed to C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\factorio\mods. Here's what i see for example with sulfur dioxide. Image

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

i have problems finding directories :-(

on my old computer, i had the same or a very similar problem too, but finally could get Foreman to run properly. when it broke down and i had to install everything again on a new computer, i can no longer remember what i did and thus am stuck with an error message after selecting the factorio directory :
stuck1.PNG
stuck1.PNG (10.72 KiB) Viewed 9076 times
i use the steam version, thus have entered D:\myGames\STEAM\steamapps\common\Factorio as Factorio directory and C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\factorio\mods as mod directory (no mods installed)

i also have downloaded and installed the zip version from the factorio website, thus tried again with D:\myGames\Factorio\Factorio_0.13.11 as Factorio directory and D:\myGames\Factorio\Factorio_0.13.11\mods as mod directory (several mods installed) and got the same result.
(btw, "Factorio\Factorio" is correct: Factorio is a main directory to hold several different versions and also tools like Foreman, and the subdirectory is the unzipped zip version 0.13.11)

I even have tried specifying subdirectories like the bin directory where the factory.exe program is, but nothing helped and i always am shown the above error dialog.

edit: the mentioned lua52.dll is a Foreman file, located in the unzipped Foreman package, at D:\myGames\Factorio\Foreman 0.1.9.7

what did i miss ? how can i get to making the nice diagrams again ?

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Anson wrote:i have problems finding directories :-(

on my old computer, i had the same or a very similar problem too, but finally could get Foreman to run properly. when it broke down and i had to install everything again on a new computer, i can no longer remember what i did and thus am stuck with an error message after selecting the factorio directory :
stuck1.PNG
i use the steam version, thus have entered D:\myGames\STEAM\steamapps\common\Factorio as Factorio directory and C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\factorio\mods as mod directory (no mods installed)

i also have downloaded and installed the zip version from the factorio website, thus tried again with D:\myGames\Factorio\Factorio_0.13.11 as Factorio directory and D:\myGames\Factorio\Factorio_0.13.11\mods as mod directory (several mods installed) and got the same result.
(btw, "Factorio\Factorio" is correct: Factorio is a main directory to hold several different versions and also tools like Foreman, and the subdirectory is the unzipped zip version 0.13.11)

I even have tried specifying subdirectories like the bin directory where the factory.exe program is, but nothing helped and i always am shown the above error dialog.

edit: the mentioned lua52.dll is a Foreman file, located in the unzipped Foreman package, at D:\myGames\Factorio\Foreman 0.1.9.7

what did i miss ? how can i get to making the nice diagrams again ?
What follows is a bit of guesswork based upon the German error there. I don't know much (any) German but I've seen that same dialog many times in English as a developer. That and Google translate gives me this "The specified module could not be found". So I'm pretty sure I'm understanding the error correctly.

For future reference, when an error like that appears you can usually press Ctrl+C to copy the whole error message as text (to the clipboard). No screenshots needed.

That particular error doesn't really have anything to do with Factorio itself, but rather with Forman.exe not finding the extracted files.
It basically means that Foreman.exe cannot find lua52.dll. Why? I don't know. All files needed are included in the zip so all I can do is guess:

Possible solutions:
  • 1: Did you actually extract the files from the zip or are you just trying to run Foreman.exe by itself? The default windows zip viewer makes zips look like directories and if you just tried to launch the exe from inside one of those zip directories it will only extract the exe you run, not the other files and thus you get that problem.
    2: You made a shortcut to the exe and the working directory is wonky or something.
I suggest you re-dl the latest release. Extract all files to a new directory somewhere that doesn't have any spaces in it. Make sure lua52.dll is in that directory, then launch the exe from that new directory (no shortcuts, symlinks, lnk files, etc.).
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

apriori
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by apriori »

Thats's great! I'm creating the same thing but with a different interface and some additional features, but didn't know how to get cache for lua tables - now I have the solution. Thank you very much! It's an excellent tool and example!
Any code or mods posted by me are WTFPL, unless otherwise copyrights are specified.

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

MasterBuilder wrote:Possible solutions:
  • 1: Did you actually extract the files from the zip ...
    2: You made a shortcut to the exe and the working directory is wonky or something.
I suggest you re-dl the latest release. Extract all files to a new directory somewhere that doesn't have any spaces in it. Make sure lua52.dll is in that directory, then launch the exe from that new directory (no shortcuts, symlinks, lnk files, etc.).
thanks for the answer, although it didn't help :-(
(i already had done those and similar attempts before)

in the meantime, i have invested another few hours for research and seem to have fixed the problem now :-)
the original/first post finally gave the solution. please note what i have marked in that quote:
Nicksaurus wrote:Update - Version 0.1.9 is here! Get it here!
Requirements:
.Net 4.0 or higher
Visual C++ 2012 x86
Finally, if you have any suggestions, bugs, untempered vitriol etc. post it here or on the issues page.
my computer is a two weeks old new computer with a fresh Windows10 install.
after checking the bug tracker again, i found three bug reports concerning the lua52.dll :
resolved #17, closed #20, and new #72.

Bug #17 gave a partial answer: Foreman needs the visual c++ runtime, and it has to be for version 2012, not for any other. but even after following those instructions, after downloading and installing that runtime, i still got the same crash report.

finally, i re-read the fine print in the original post again and again until i noticed that it mentions X86 ...

then i installed the X86 version of the 2012 runtime (on my x64 computer),
AND FOREMAN WORKS NOW !!!

it probably would be helpful if such specific requirements are needed, to either include everything in an installer, or explicitly include a big hint on exactly which versions are needed and where to get them.

the answer on bug report #17 only explicitly mentions version 2012, but not that it has to be the x86 version of the 2012 version (the link to the microsoft download in that answer allows the selection between x64, x86 and arm versions). that may also be the reason why report #20 was closed without further comments, and why someone posted the new bug report #72 (in which he states that he installed the runtime according to the other bug report without success).

tallmyr
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by tallmyr »

Hi.

I just wanted to say that this is an absolutely brilliant tool, that finally made me understand how I should play Factorio.

You are a great person and I love you.

Thanks!

Ayjayz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Ayjayz »

Foreman fails to load the recipes from bobplates 13.2 due to the require("pumps") line in prototypes/entities/entities.lua. The file pumps.lua does exist in the same folder, however. I'm not familiar with lua at all, so I'm not entirely sure how to fix this issue or why Factorio seems able to load the file correctly. Perhaps Factorio specifies the PATH environment variable before it attempts to load each mod file, whilst Foreman does not? As a test, I manually changed the line to require("prototype\\entities\\pumps") and it then proceeded to successfully load.

For reference, the mods I'm attempting to load are:

Code: Select all

boblibrary_0.13.1.zip
boblogistics_0.13.9.zip
bobmining_0.13.1.zip
bobmodules_0.13.0.zip
bobores_0.13.1.zip
bobplates_0.13.2.zip
bobpower_0.13.1.zip
bobrevamp_0.13.0.zip
bobtech_0.13.0.zip
bobtechsave_0.13.0.zip
bobwarfare_0.13.4.zip
bobassembly_0.13.0.zip
bobconfig_0.13.1.zip
bobelectronics_0.13.1.zip
bobenemies_0.13.1.zip
bobgreenhouse_0.13.2.zip
bobinsertermigrate_0.13.0.zip
bobinserters_0.13.3.zip

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Get this error on start:

This is related to the mod https://mods.factorio.com/mods/kij336/add-loader

nformationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializationException: Error converting value "base >= 0.13.0" to type 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]'. Path 'dependencies', line 9, position 35. ---> System.ArgumentException: Could not cast or convert from System.String to System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String].
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.EnsureTypeAssignable(Object value, Type initialType, Type targetType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Utilities.ConvertUtils.ConvertOrCast(Object initialValue, CultureInfo culture, Type targetType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
   --- Ende der internen Ausnahmestapelüberwachung ---
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.EnsureType(JsonReader reader, Object value, CultureInfo culture, JsonContract contract, Type targetType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.SetPropertyValue(JsonProperty property, JsonConverter propertyConverter, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty, JsonReader reader, Object target)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.PopulateObject(Object newObject, JsonReader reader, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, String id)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateObject(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.CreateValueInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, JsonContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerMember, Object existingValue)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalReader.Deserialize(JsonReader reader, Type objectType, Boolean checkAdditionalContent)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.DeserializeInternal(JsonReader reader, Type objectType)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(String value, Type type, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject[T](String value, JsonSerializerSettings settings)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.ReadModInfo(String json, String dir)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.ReadModInfoZip(String zipFile)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.FindAllMods(List`1 enabledMods)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.LoadAllData(List`1 enabledMods)
   bei Foreman.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    Assembly-Version: 4.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
----------------------------------------
Foreman
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.1.1.
    Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/Foreman.exe.
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
NLua
    Assembly-Version: 1.3.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 1.3.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/NLua.DLL.
KeraLua
    Win32-Version: 1.3.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/KeraLua.DLL.
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly-Version: 6.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 6.0.8.18111.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL.
Microsoft.CSharp
    Win32-Version: 4.6.1586.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll.
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.
Without it, i get this error:
This is related to https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Choumiko/RailTanker

Informationen über das Aufrufen von JIT-Debuggen
anstelle dieses Dialogfelds finden Sie am Ende dieser Meldung.

************** Ausnahmetext **************
System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
   bei Foreman.DataCache.LoadImage(String fileName)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.InterpretLuaItem(String name, LuaTable values)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.InterpretItems(Lua lua, String typeName)
   bei Foreman.DataCache.LoadAllData(List`1 enabledMods)
   bei Foreman.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Geladene Assemblys **************
mscorlib
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll.
Foreman
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.1.1.
    Win32-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/Foreman.exe.
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll.
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll.
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll.
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll.
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll.
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll.
Microsoft.GeneratedCode
    Assembly-Version: 1.0.0.0.
NLua
    Win32-Version: 1.3.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/NLua.DLL.
KeraLua
    Win32-Version: 1.3.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/KeraLua.DLL.
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly-Version: 6.0.0.0.
    Win32-Version: 6.0.8.18111.
    CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman%200.1.9.7/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL.
Microsoft.CSharp
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.dll.
System.Numerics
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Numerics/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll.
System.Runtime.Serialization
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Serialization/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll.
System.Xml.Linq
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll.
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll.
System.Dynamic
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Dynamic/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Dynamic.dll.
Microsoft.CSharp.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.CSharp.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.CSharp.resources.dll.
Anonymously Hosted DynamicMethods Assembly
    Assembly-Version: 0.0.0.0.
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/mscorlib/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.dll.
mscorlib.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll.
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_de_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll.

************** JIT-Debuggen **************
Um das JIT-Debuggen (Just-In-Time) zu aktivieren, muss in der
Konfigurationsdatei der Anwendung oder des Computers
(machine.config) der jitDebugging-Wert im Abschnitt system.windows.forms festgelegt werden.
Die Anwendung muss mit aktiviertem Debuggen kompiliert werden.

Zum Beispiel:

<configuration>
</configuration>

Wenn das JIT-Debuggen aktiviert ist, werden alle nicht behandelten
Ausnahmen an den JIT-Debugger gesendet, der auf dem
Computer registriert ist, und nicht in diesem Dialogfeld behandelt.
Furthermore it shows only vanilla items...
I found out how to enable mods but now it crashes again.

Really sad, looked promising.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

LJL_Houben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LJL_Houben »

Downloaded the latest version, tried to open it but got an error message of the lua32.dll

Started the tool, selected the folder were factorio is located (D:\02_Games\Factorio\Factorio_0.13.20) then the error pop's up. See screenshot. All files were extracted from the zip and placed in a new directory. Running windows 10
Error
Error
Run error.png (87.87 KiB) Viewed 8793 times
Error Log:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'lua52': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at KeraLua.NativeMethods.LuaLNewState()
at NLua.Lua..ctor()
at Foreman.DataCache.LoadAllData(List`1 enabledMods)
at Foreman.MainForm.Form1_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1586.0 built by: NETFXREL2
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
Foreman
Assembly Version: 0.0.1.1
Win32 Version: 0.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman/Foreman.exe
System.Core
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
Accessibility
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
NLua
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman/NLua.DLL
KeraLua
Assembly Version: 1.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///D:/Downloads/Foreman/KeraLua.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

LJL_Houben wrote:Downloaded the latest version, tried to open it but got an error message of the lua32.dll

~snip~
Redownload it again. You didn't extract a file.

Use this link https://bitbucket.org/Nicksaurus/foreman/downloads

You should see these files.

LJL_Houben
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by LJL_Houben »

Downloaded from your supplied link, but the same result for version 1.9.9
I see al the mentioned files. I'm running windows 10 and I started the 'Foreman.exe' with administrator rights, but still the same result

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Where are you placing the files? Try a desktop folder.
Are you placing all the files together in a folder? They all need to be in the same directory.

Return to “Cheatsheets / Calculators / Viewers”