Version 0.13.10

Information about releases and roadmap.
TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.10

Post by TheTom »

Switched over to this one. The map FINALLY started to look sane (with default settings), so I give it a go ;) So far no issues - except frame rate going down a little (60 to 50) when zooming out.

Furan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Furan »

Wow, the response time is awesome. Great work !
There is no "no safe area" option. Why? Is it possible to reactivate this option with a mod?

daggertx
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by daggertx »

bp3959 wrote:
daggertx wrote:
binbinhfr wrote:Am I the only one having "download failed" problems when trying to install or update a mod ?

Same, cant download or update any mods
It eventually works if you keep retrying.

Cool, took about 10 clicks but it worked.

silver_26
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by silver_26 »

FactorioBot wrote: [*]Map generator tweaks (predictable starting area resources, water only in starting area works now, fixed a few bugs in biome generation).
does this mean that the map generation is fixed ?
like it used to be in 12 ?

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

silver_26 wrote:
FactorioBot wrote: [*]Map generator tweaks (predictable starting area resources, water only in starting area works now, fixed a few bugs in biome generation).
No, they made change in map generator in 0.13, they will not revert it. They just fixed some problem with it and add a feature. This map generator still not and will never make the same map as 0.12.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Anson
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Anson »

Pe334 wrote:how does --mod-directory work?
I have a steam-version of factorio.
same for me, and same question ...
without having tried, i would assume that in steam:
  • rightclick factorio
  • click properties
  • on the general tab
  • click set launch options
  • and then type "--mod-directory"
  • followed by what ?
    just a directory name (directory parallel to mod directory, or subdirectory in mods?),
    or a relative/absolute path (relative to what), etc ?
searching for a list of commandline options and their parameters, i only found "Command Line Parameters for Version 0.12.7" which is neither complete nor current. searching for locations of directories i found the quite helpful wiki entry for Application directory and User Data directory, but that still doesn't say anything about (relative) locations of alternate save and mod directories.

I would like it very much if the list of mods (or that mod directory parameter) would be linked with savegames, so that i easily can select a savegame and automatically play it with the proper set of mods enabled, not having to select and deselect a long list of mods every time (long list: it's easy to get to 80++ mods with many small mods which patch only a few parameters and a few really big multi-part mods). specifying a list of enabled mods (an alternate file "mod-list.json") as parameter instead of selecting a whole alternate mod directory could probably also save a lot of duplicate downloads, duplicate/missing updates, etc.

ok, most of the time, i probably will play on only a single map at a time and then it would be no big problem, but currently I'm still working on some achievements on one map which should never be loaded with any mods enabled, and still would like to be able playing an alternate modded map without enabling/disabling too much every time. It also would be handy for testing some new mod on a test map without the need to change everything back and forth between using those different maps.

It also might be helpful if i sometime later would like to look at an old savegame or some other people's savegames without any need to compare long lists of mods for those maps with the current settings.

ps1: did anyone notice that i like the method of OTTD storing all versions of all mods in one directory and attaching a list of the enabled mods to the savegames ? :-)
ps2 (inside joke, greetings to V): when will we go NUTS in factorio? :-)

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

daggertx wrote:
bp3959 wrote:

So, it took 20, or 10? Because every failure means two more clicks, I assume 10 tries, 19 clicks :D

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Neemys wrote:
silver_26 wrote:
No, they made change in map generator in 0.13, they will not revert it. They just fixed some problem with it and add a feature. This map generator still not and will never make the same map as 0.12.
Yes, but they got it finally working - default setings does not result in a patchwork of ridiculous super small lakes and 5 biomes per cell (32x32 element). It looks sensible and settings actually do work now. The map was keeping me on .12 - happy so far with what I see in 0.13.

VDOgamez
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by VDOgamez »

Neemys wrote:
silver_26 wrote:
That's a shame, the water frequency setting doesn't seem to do much of anything compared to how terrain segmentation worked in 0.12. I was hoping it was just an error, but if it was mostly intentional I suppose I'll need to look at how easy it is to mod terrain generation. I liked the tiny little islands!

TheTom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by TheTom »

Jürgen Erhard wrote:
daggertx wrote:
bp3959 wrote:

So, it took 20, or 10? Because every failure means two more clicks, I assume 10 tries, 19 clicks :D
It is worse because a download failure returns you to the unfiltered mod list.

Jürgen Erhard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Jürgen Erhard »

TheTom wrote:
Jürgen Erhard wrote:
daggertx wrote:
bp3959 wrote:

It is worse because a download failure returns you to the unfiltered mod list.
Ah, yes, for installing new mods. I was talking about the upgrade process only, because I tried that a lot more (and I currently don't have any mods I want to try that are up-to-date).

5thHorseman
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by 5thHorseman »

While the map changes are very welcome, this is the big one for me. Can't wait to play with it.
FactorioBot wrote:
  • Added logistics auto-trash slots: the opposite of logistic request slots.

Jesperhk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Jesperhk »

Is it just my game, or does it make a BIG circle with land when you create an map, if there is an lake or something, you can see that the generator creates an circle overrideing the map..
Hard to explain, but i think its something with 0.13.10 update..

Have anyone seen this aswell?

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Jesperhk wrote:Is it just my game, or does it make a BIG circle with land when you create an map, if there is an lake or something, you can see that the generator creates an circle overrideing the map..

It's to prevent Island spawns
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

torham
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by torham »

Jesperhk wrote:Is it just my game, or does it make a BIG circle with land when you create an map, if there is an lake or something, you can see that the generator creates an circle overrideing the map..

I have seen this as well. I think this is the result of the "predictable starting area", since there were people reporting that generated water was overwriting starting resources. Its only visible when you start right near big bodies of water.

PiggyWhiskey
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by PiggyWhiskey »

Anson wrote:
Pe334 wrote:how does --mod-directory work?
I have a steam-version of factorio.
same for me, and same question ...
without having tried, i would assume that in steam:
  • rightclick factorio
  • click properties
  • on the general tab
  • click set launch options
  • and then type "--mod-directory"
  • followed by what ?
    just a directory name (directory parallel to mod directory, or subdirectory in mods?),
    or a relative/absolute path (relative to what), etc ?
searching for a list of commandline options and their parameters, i only found "Command Line Parameters for Version 0.12.7" which is neither complete nor current. searching for locations of directories i found the quite helpful wiki entry for Application directory and User Data directory, but that still doesn't say anything about (relative) locations of alternate save and mod directories.

I would like it very much if the list of mods (or that mod directory parameter) would be linked with savegames, so that i easily can select a savegame and automatically play it with the proper set of mods enabled, not having to select and deselect a long list of mods every time (long list: it's easy to get to 80++ mods with many small mods which patch only a few parameters and a few really big multi-part mods). specifying a list of enabled mods (an alternate file "mod-list.json") as parameter instead of selecting a whole alternate mod directory could probably also save a lot of duplicate downloads, duplicate/missing updates, etc.

ok, most of the time, i probably will play on only a single map at a time and then it would be no big problem, but currently I'm still working on some achievements on one map which should never be loaded with any mods enabled, and still would like to be able playing an alternate modded map without enabling/disabling too much every time. It also would be handy for testing some new mod on a test map without the need to change everything back and forth between using those different maps.

It also might be helpful if i sometime later would like to look at an old savegame or some other people's savegames without any need to compare long lists of mods for those maps with the current settings.

ps1: did anyone notice that i like the method of OTTD storing all versions of all mods in one directory and attaching a list of the enabled mods to the savegames ? :-)
ps2 (inside joke, greetings to V): when will we go NUTS in factorio? :-)

A bit late, but I did some testing.
Basic Windows Path's work (Not sure on Linux/Mac) i.e. "E:\Program Files\Factorio\fmm\BobsModpack"
You can also use relative paths. "..\..\fmm\BobsModpack" will return 2 levels up from the games .exe and 2 levels down into fmm\BobsModpack

Bartimaeus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Bartimaeus »

So I noticed that from this version the terrain segmentation has been removed from the map-gen settings.... the maps look a lot better now but I still wonder if removing this option was intentional and what was the motivation behind it? I would expect that people who liked one continuous blob of desert .. or forest or.... terrain changing every few chunks (like <0.13.10) will miss this feature

Return to “Releases”