13.X Bob's Inserts (E.Stack and E.Filter arm Misalignment)

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Ralord89
Inserter
Inserter

13.X Bob's Inserts (E.Stack and E.Filter arm Misalignment)

Post by Ralord89 »

I'd post in the official Bob's inserters thread but I can't find one, so I'll post it here.

Self explanatory pic is self explanatory

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 13.X Bob's Inserts (E.Stack and E.Filter arm Misalignment)

Post by Aonova »

I think all the discussion regarding bobs inserters are going on in his logistics thread...

Anyways regarding your image: BURN IT WITH FIRE. my OCD is killing me :) .
I have not teched up to Express inserters in my playthrough yet so Im not sure if thats a local issue or actually in the mod. Best of luck solving the issue.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

So what's the issue, that the graphics for the pink and dark green inserter don't like up properly? the stripe one looks okay to me for some reason though.

I can have a look at it to see why, but I'm not sure why pink and green would have issues, where stripey doesn't.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Ralord89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralord89 »

bobingabout wrote:So what's the issue, that the graphics for the pink and dark green inserter don't like up properly? the stripe one looks okay to me for some reason though.

I can have a look at it to see why, but I'm not sure why pink and green would have issues, where stripey doesn't.
Now looking at the picture, I could have displayed that a bit better. But its Just Express stack inserter and Express Filter inserter, as their arms placement are more to the left than the others. The others were there to show the difference.

I'm assuming its just a wrong number with arms snap point to the base.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Ralord89 wrote:
bobingabout wrote:So what's the issue, that the graphics for the pink and dark green inserter don't like up properly? the stripe one looks okay to me for some reason though.

Now looking at the picture, I could have displayed that a bit better. But its Just Express stack inserter and Express Filter inserter, as their arms placement are more to the left than the others. The others were there to show the difference.

Do you have Wai Tex ?
It's messing up inserters in way you pictured currently.

Ralord89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralord89 »

orzelek wrote:
Ralord89 wrote:

Do you have Wai Tex ?
It's messing up inserters in way you pictured currently.
Wai Tex? Is that a mod?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Ralord89 wrote:Wai Tex? Is that a mod?
I didn't know what that was at first, people used to complain that it caused my mods to crash, that was the first I heard of it, but that was a long time ago.

It's basically a graphics replacement mod.

But... that is unlikely the issue here, the likely issue is that my graphics are a combination of old 0.12 graphics, mixed with newer 0.13 graphics and code.

I suspect the base is slightly different in 0.13.x because Express inserter is 0.12 code(Updated with the extra tags for the circuit network), and 0.12 graphics. Stripe (Express stack filter) inserter is 0.13 code, and 0.13 graphics. Express Filter and Express Stack are a combination of 0.13 code, and 0.12 graphics (with a 0.13 hand graphics on the stack)

The key point though is that the base is a 0.12 graphic file, so appears offset to the right (if you look closely, the gap between the dark green, and light green inserter is narrower than the other gaps, showing that they're shifted to the right) by about 3 pixels.

The amount it is shifted is likely partially due to the rotation. If the new image is narrower, then the first rotation would be 1 pixel out, and the 3rd would be 3 pixels out.
I also have a Patreon.

Ralord89
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ralord89 »

bobingabout wrote: I didn't know what that was at first, people used to complain that it caused my mods to crash, that was the first I heard of it, but that was a long time ago.

It's basically a graphics replacement mod.

But... that is unlikely the issue here, the likely issue is that my graphics are a combination of old 0.12 graphics, mixed with newer 0.13 graphics and code.

I suspect the base is slightly different in 0.13.x because Express inserter is 0.12 code(Updated with the extra tags for the circuit network), and 0.12 graphics. Stripe (Express stack filter) inserter is 0.13 code, and 0.13 graphics. Express Filter and Express Stack are a combination of 0.13 code, and 0.12 graphics (with a 0.13 hand graphics on the stack)

The key point though is that the base is a 0.12 graphic file, so appears offset to the right (if you look closely, the gap between the dark green, and light green inserter is narrower than the other gaps, showing that they're shifted to the right) by about 3 pixels.

The amount it is shifted is likely partially due to the rotation. If the new image is narrower, then the first rotation would be 1 pixel out, and the 3rd would be 3 pixels out.
Ah, well no I don't have it. Just vanilla graphics aside from Better fluid colours. But yeah I had a poke around in the coding for the inserters yesterday and figured it couldn't be related to it, leaving the graphics as the only culprit in the situation (I am no Factorio coder but I thankfully have the knowledge to understand it). Glad we've figured out what it is at least \o/

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It apears that the shadow in certain frames was actually overlapping to the frame to the right of it in the image, which means at certain angles (if you imagine it as an arrow, where the one leg furthest from the other 2 is the direction it's pointing, then it's the angle pointing right) there is a dot of shadow on the far left of it.

Their solution, considering the image was actually centered in the graphic, with plenty of free space around it, was to shift the graphic 3 pixels to the left, which means the code then shifts it 3 pixels to the right.

Since most of my files were recoloured versions of the centered graphics, rather than the newer offset graphics, but I used the newer code with the 3 pixel offset included, the result is that it is misaligned.

My solution, copy what the devs did, shift the graphics, and use a shift code. so even though the express inserter using old code wasn't affected, I updated all 3 old graphics, and made the code match. problem solved.

but since this is a minor error, barely even a bug, I'll hold off publishing it until there's a little more on the change log.
I also have a Patreon.

Return to “Bob's mods”