Change version make you LOOSE ANYTHING

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Change version make you LOOSE ANYTHING

Post by nuhll »

Great job.

Like you suggested i tried to produce a map in 1.2 to start a 1.3 game.

NOW ALL MY INVENTORY IS AWAY. Thanks!!!!

1.) updated to 1.2
2.) tried some maps
3.) didnt liked them
4.) updated to 1.3 back
5.) startet map
6.) everything vanishes

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Change version make you LOOSE ANYTHING

Post by Neemys »

You have mod ?
Having the log could help people figuring what's going on. If an error is removing your inventory, the message will be there.

Maybe put item in chest in 0.12 before going 0.13.

See there for more information on how to report and add a log : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3638
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

1. the version numbers you are using don't exist yet, there is a stable one (0.12.35) and an experimental one (0.13.9) are you sure you are in the right forum?
  2. "ALL MY INVENTORY IS AWAY" is it empty or is the UI missing?
  3. "i tried to produce a map" you tried to create a new map?
  4. "updated to 1.3 back" what does updating back mean?
If you start a new map you start again form the beginning so you don't have the stuff from a previous game in your inventory, that is completely normal.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Loewchen wrote:
  1. the version numbers you are using don't exist yet, there is a stable one (0.12.35) and an experimental one (0.13.9) are you sure you are in the right forum?
If you start a new map you start again form the beginning so you don't have the stuff from a previous game in your inventory, that is completely normal.
1. its like i start from scratch (if u start new map) i also ahve to enter my username again e.t.c
2. yes
3. I updated to 1.2 then back to 1.3

4. 1.2 = the 0.12 version on steam (tehres only one) and 1.3 = the experimental version 0.13....

TheSkiGeek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheSkiGeek »

nuhll wrote:
Loewchen wrote:
1. its like i start from scratch (if u start new map) i also ahve to enter my username again e.t.c
2. yes

4. 1.2 = the 0.12 version on steam (tehres only one) and 1.3 = the experimental version 0.13....
I get the feeling that English is not your native language (and I'm sure you write better English than I would do in your native language!), but it's almost impossible to understand what you are asking about or what you think is not working correctly. The answers you gave in that post don't make any sense given the questions you were asked.

If you can get someone to do a better translation for you that might help. Or you can write in whatever language you speak natively and maybe someone else here will understand it (or be able to use a tool like Google Translate).

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

And you know that the 0.13.x are experimental? This is an alpha-release. If you update to an experimantal release you are doing *experiments*.

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Phillip_Lynx wrote:And you know that the 0.13.x are experimental? This is an alpha-release. If you update to an experimantal release you are doing *experiments*.

Thats why ppl need to report bugs, not?
TheSkiGeek wrote:
nuhll wrote:
Loewchen wrote:
2. yes

I get the feeling that English is not your native language (and I'm sure you write better English than I would do in your native language!), but it's almost impossible to understand what you are asking about or what you think is not working correctly. The answers you gave in that post don't make any sense given the questions you were asked.

If you can get someone to do a better translation for you that might help. Or you can write in whatever language you speak natively and maybe someone else here will understand it (or be able to use a tool like Google Translate).

Yea, you right, Google translate? srsly, i think i write better then google translate, lol.

Just try it yourself:

1.) Save a map at 0.13 experminatl
2.) exit
3.) change in steam to 0.12 or any other
4.) change back to 0.13 and load map
5.) everything in your invetory is lost

I think its not intented, right?

TheSkiGeek
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TheSkiGeek »

It messed up 0.13 saves by going 0.13 -> 0.12 -> 0.13 in Steam without launching the game? No, that should not happen. (But I highly recommend backing up your saves before doing anything like that.) Alternatively, you can download the standalone 0.12.35 version from the website by linking your Steam account, then manually move saves around.

Did you open and resave the map in 0.12? Loading an 0.13 map in 0.12 is not supported and will probably break things, if it loads at all.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

My guess is it is not saving your name Esc-Option-Other->Factorio username

Try running this command at step 1 and step 5 and report the output.
/c game.players[1].print(game.players[1].name)

nuhll
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nuhll »

Yes, like i said, i have to enter the name again. Its like i am a new player.

I dont want tips, i just want to report that bug.

Return to “Gameplay Help”