[0.13.8][Oxyd] With two alerts, click can focus on wrong one

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
PKing Zombie Spy
Inserter
Inserter

[0.13.8][Oxyd] With two alerts, click can focus on wrong one

Post by PKing Zombie Spy »

Factorio has the convenience that if you click on an alert, it will center the source of the alert on the map. Quite useful. Factorio also has the ability to display two simultaneous alerts. However, if there are multiple alerts, it seems like clicking on one of the alerts can sometimes behave as if you had clicked a different one.

Repro requires that one be able to observe two different types of events in two different locations. The easiest way to repro this is to have a game where you undergo regular biter attacks somewhere, but then force some sort of persistent alert somewhere other than the attack.

I did it this way: In my case, I had a personal roboport with construction robots, and I damaged an item while holding no repair packs. So I get the "robot doesn't have what it wants" alert, which does not go away. Then I wait for a biter attack. (I'm going through this to force two alerts to be displayed at once.)

For the result, please see this short eleven second YouTube video illustrating the problem. I recommend watching this at 1080p, so that you can see the interface well. Notice that as the video starts, the "robot" alert is flashing. You can see it both in the alert section to the right of the quickbar, and also in the upper right of the map the actual source (where I am, in my main base).

At 0:02, I have a second alert, a biter attack! The icon for this is different of course: it is the typical "yellow exclamation" alert. At 0:03 I click this "exclamation" alert, but it does not center me on the attack, but instead in the center of my base. (Note that the attack is visible on the map, but considerably to the east.)

At 0:06 it becomes a "red exclamation." I click it again. Now I am centered on the attack! So that time seemed to work, possibly. (Though now that I'm paranoid I might suspect it really centered on the co-located yellow alert. :) Who knows.)

At 0:08 and onwards, I repeatedly click on the "robot" alert, but instead of centering on me in the base, it continues to center on the biter attack. Even when I shift perspective a little then click the "robot" alert again, it recenters on the biter attack.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.13.8] With two alerts, click can focus on wrong one

Post by Klonan »

Thanks for the highly detailed report :)

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [0.13.8][Oxyd] With two alerts, click can focus on wrong one

Post by Oxyd »

Fixed in 0.13.9.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”