[0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

What should go where?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Add everything to the logistics mod
40%
Everything inserter related in the new inserters mod
30%
Only the new adjustment functionallity in the inserters mod
30%

Total votes: 30

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.x][v0.12.10] Bob's Logistics mod

Post by orzelek »

steinio wrote:This polls sucks.

I'm for the third option but it don't seem to be the majority.
Why do you even start with this K&L nonsense.

I hope there will be a config option to disable this inserters.
Because using hotkeys with inserters is much more convenient at least for some of us.
GUI is an addition if you want very precise control or exotic inserter placement.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

I think may be we need one - ultra inserter which will have all options and 3 varinats - we can call it - WISE INSERETER
1) Filter variant
2) Stack variant
3) Stack-filter variant

P. S. When researching combinators technology all inserters must be smart as default when connecting to circuit network - and all inserters must have filter when researching combinators technology

Possibility to change speed when we researched express inserter technology - i thinks it'll be very helpful option
Possibility to change pick and put modes
Possibility to choose pick and put positions from all of 24 places - combination of short and long work positions

P. S. Yes i understand - here's 576x2x3 possible entities for inserters (2 because far and near modes and 3 because filter and stack and stack-filter varinats) - it's really big work, but lyravega, author of K&L inserters mod, already did the same work - 1 big problem - the mod it "weighs" too much

K&L to much inserter have most of these options but now we don't have smart inserters, we have stack inserters instead of it, here is new little discomfort

Adding filter inserters in 0.13 version it was a controversial issue - we already have very smart instrument - the combinators! - and inserters is our Hands! Let's think about new life for it :D

For now - big thanks to bobingabout for inserters mod, i'll wait for continuing
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

When the inserter have a GUI now, why i need soooo many inserters.
Cut it down to the basic ... the rest will we make with GUI.
And give ALL in the same menu. Now there is 2 different.

Another thing:
The Red undergrund belt need 1 more size to be the same like 2x yellow underground belts.
And the Iron/Copper/Stone Underground pipe too. To fit in the system.
BOB Belt Change.jpg
BOB Belt Change.jpg (134.6 KiB) Viewed 4857 times
Thanks!

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

I think that is a good idea with he length increase. The express should have the length of 3 normals. I reckon for inserters we only need slow, fast,stack, filter and stack-filter variants of short and long. I'm not certain about long stack, filter and stack-filter inserters. near/far can be done completely with gui/short keys. I think we should keep long inserters as separate objects, because than you don't have to configure that much.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

I second ukezi. Anyways, here are some thoughts of mine: there are 4 tiers of inserers right? {burner-normal-fast-express}. Not too sure how 0.13 changes the orginization, but fast and express intserters should have filter and stack variants. All inserters should have long variants. Near-far should be done by hotkeys and gui, as should pick-up direction. The total list of inserters would be thus:
*(long) burner inserter
*(long) inserter
*(long) standard fast inserter
*(long) filter fast inserter
*(long) stack fast inserter
*(long) standard express inserter
*(long) filter express inserter
*(long) stack express inserter
Meaning only 16 inserters total. Definately managable, for those who fear K&L heaviness.

pieppiep
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by pieppiep »

Aonova wrote:I second ukezi. Anyways, here are some thoughts of mine: there are 4 tiers of inserers right? {burner-normal-fast-express}. Not too sure how 0.13 changes the orginization, but fast and express intserters should have filter and stack variants. All inserters should have long variants. Near-far should be done by hotkeys and gui, as should pick-up direction. The total list of inserters would be thus:
*(long) burner inserter
*(long) inserter
*(long) standard fast inserter
*(long) filter fast inserter
*(long) stack fast inserter
*(long) standard express inserter
*(long) filter express inserter
*(long) stack express inserter
Meaning only 16 inserters total. Definately managable, for those who fear K&L heaviness.
No filter stack inserters?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Since once you research long inserters, changing an inserter from normal to long can be done with a small keyboard combination, I'm not sure it's even necessary to have long versions anymore.
After researching Long inserters, Just point to an inserter, hold shift, and press L to change the input to long, and then N to change the output to long... or N twice if you also know Near inserters technology.
Placing lots of longs? well, point to a long, hold shift and press RMB to copy the config, then, while still holding shift, point to the next you want to be long, and press LMB, which will copy the config... and open the GUI, which is why people want me to change the GUI hotkey to something else.
I'm thinking SHIFT + E.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

bobingabout wrote:Since once you research long inserters, changing an inserter from normal to long can be done with a small keyboard combination, I'm not sure it's even necessary to have long versions anymore.
After researching Long inserters, Just point to an inserter, hold shift, and press L to change the input to long, and then N to change the output to long... or N twice if you also know Near inserters technology.
Placing lots of longs? well, point to a long, hold shift and press RMB to copy the config, then, while still holding shift, point to the next you want to be long, and press LMB, which will copy the config... and open the GUI, which is why people want me to change the GUI hotkey to something else.
I'm thinking SHIFT + E.
U want to say - there\s no long inserters in your mod now? :shock:
And what if i want short pick position but long put position - is it possible?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Yes ... i have try it.
And 45 and 90 Degres also possible.

We need only the same like in Basic Factorio + the faster Version of it.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Yes with bobs inserters you can do a short in long out fast inserter that put things on the near side of a corner belt 45 degrees from where you picked it up from!

And all that without adding new inserter types!

PS Bob :P I still vote the gui opens with the circuit gui instead of a hotkey :)

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Nexela wrote:PS Bob :P I still vote the gui opens with the circuit gui instead of a hotkey :)
The problem with this is the position. if oriented center as it is now, it apears on top of the other gui, and can't be moved. You need to close it to see the default one.
If on the other hand you change it's position, it looks ugly. I tried left, and it apeared almost center top for me.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I changed default gui to ctrl+lmb since it has no default behavior for inserters.

@aklesey1
This mod can do same as K&L and it doesn't need any new entities for that - it's a new feature added in 0.13. As a bonus they blueprint correctly and you can copy/paste settings between them.

@Aonova
That list of inserters looks good. Stack inserters have 1 filter slot by default so there should be no need for special stack-filter inserter.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

orzelek wrote:That list of inserters looks good. Stack inserters have 1 filter slot by default so there should be no need for special stack-filter inserter.
Stack-filter inserters are a thing that exists already, and by default have only one slot.
A stack inserter has no filters.

The problem with filter inserters, is that they will never move anything at all unless they either have a filter, or are told to activate by a circuit condition. so there is a big difference between filter, and non-filter inserters, stack or otherwise.
I also have a Patreon.

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

Hi Bob, one of the things I had in my patch was a change so robochests could provide circuit signals. I thought it made useful sense to add it to something in the "separated robonetwork parts", otherwise you have to have a roboport in every network you want to read circuit conditions from. Is this intended? I am using it to read robot counts from the sub-network, and don't want a big roboport in it when it's got everything it needs via the separated parts.

Just noticed this when I updated to your latest logistics.

Edit: posted to right thread this time *sigh*

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

It was intentional that I missed it off.
I was considering, but haven't done yet, adding a new type of entity that is basically a roboport that allows you to connect wires to it, but otherwise does nothing. as a component.
I also have a Patreon.

cpw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by cpw »

OK, that makes sense. I hope that the distinct parts do get a way to monitor the network.

Aonova
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aonova »

I couldn't find a dedicated thread for bob inserters, so I'll post my thoughts here.

My first impressions: freaking amazing, why doesn't the base game have this? :D

Thoughts for improvements:
*Allow pressing "e" to close GUI, like every other entity GUI. ATM I think pressing "e" opens the inventory atop the inserter GUI. Minor annoyance.
*Incorporate near/far capability to GUI
example
*Is it possible for mods to access the game menus? On the off chance that it is, hotkey configs could be added to the options pane.
*Long handed inserters are totally obsolete, some sort of removal/replacement script?
*Orginization of inserter techs (Maybe a green science tech for allowing the GUI, and removal of all obsolete techs)

On the topic of integration into logistics mod, I am a supporter of the idea. It would allow better cohesion since they cover very similar stuff. Atm, inserters are basically a standalone mod. I think there should remain a standalone inserter mod for whoever wants to play an enhanced vanilla, but bob logistics mod should be updated with an integrated version of inserters mods, which would be updated to run along side the rest of bob logistics.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Bob Logisitics 0.13.4 is causing the game to crash. I verified this by removing it from the mods folder, then restarting Factorio successfully.

Factorio log suggests an error in technology-functions.lua line 24.
Factorio Log

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Aonova wrote:*Allow pressing "e" to close GUI, like every other entity GUI. ATM I think pressing "e" opens the inventory atop the inserter GUI. Minor annoyance.
I haven't found if there's a way to detect that yet, short of creating an entire new hotkey to look for it.
Aonova wrote:*Incorporate near/far capability to GUI
It already is, you just have to research the appropriate technology to unlock it. Near Inserters.
Aonova wrote:*Is it possible for mods to access the game menus? On the off chance that it is, hotkey configs could be added to the options pane.
not that I'm aware of, though there already is a mods section in the controls menu for changing mod hotkey keybinds.
Aonova wrote:*Long handed inserters are totally obsolete, some sort of removal/replacement script?
They will be removed eventually, yes. This is still in the early stages of development.
Aonova wrote:On the topic of integration into logistics mod, I am a supporter of the idea. It would allow better cohesion since they cover very similar stuff. Atm, inserters are basically a standalone mod. I think there should remain a standalone inserter mod for whoever wants to play an enhanced vanilla, but bob logistics mod should be updated with an integrated version of inserters mods, which would be updated to run along side the rest of bob logistics.
not a bad idea really.
DRY411S wrote:Bob Logisitics 0.13.4 is causing the game to crash. I verified this by removing it from the mods folder, then restarting Factorio successfully.

Factorio log suggests an error in technology-functions.lua line 24.
I know what I did wrong... I'm silly. that's just a warning message though, that's not what is causing the error.

one of the later versions of 0.13 adds a seperate stack inserter research, that my new express stack inserters looks for.

so if you're getting the error, updating the base game will fix this issue.

I'll put in a little check to see if the research exists before depending on it. if it does it'll depend on that, if not, it'll depend on the things that it would depend on if it existed.
I also have a Patreon.

Tyrindor
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Tyrindor »

Just happened upon the inserter mod, totally hoping it gets merged into logistics mod and all the obsolete inserters get removed. So much nicer than having 20 different inserters.

Just a thought, but perhaps limit the long reach to fast inserters and above only. That way the vanilla long reach inserters are a cheaper viable option. Right now it makes the vanilla long handed inserter completely pointless and more expensive than the standard inserter.

Return to “Bob's mods”