Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.4.20 (0.14.X)

Energy production, weapons, handling fluids and much more - excellent graphics.

Moderator: YuokiTani

MantisShrimp
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.3.13 (0.13)

Post by MantisShrimp »

So now that HPF coming out of Quantrinum Reactor are pre-heated, is it even necessary to run it through a boiler anymore? Previously, running HPF through a Gearbox before high tier generators was pointless because the Gearbox doesn't exactly raise the HPF to a efficient temperature, so it couldn't sustain said generators. Now, it doesn't even look like it's necessary to run the HPF coming out of a Quantrinum Reactor through anything. I think I need a refresher lesson how HPF works. Lol.

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

MantisShrimp wrote:So now that HPF coming out of Quantrinum Reactor are pre-heated, is it even necessary to run it through a boiler anymore? Previously, running HPF through a Gearbox before high tier generators was pointless because the Gearbox doesn't exactly raise the HPF to a efficient temperature, so it couldn't sustain said generators. Now, it doesn't even look like it's necessary to run the HPF coming out of a Quantrinum Reactor through anything. I think I need a refresher lesson how HPF works. Lol.
Temperature in recipe is a new feature of 0.13. Thus Quantrinum Reactor making hot MF is a desirable thing. It was always meant to be that way but the limitation of the past didn't allow it at first.

Edit: I just looked at the recipe for MF from Quantrinum Reactor. It is producing 250 deg MF, which can still be boiled to maximize the temp.
Maintainer and developer of Atomic Power. See here for more information.
Current release: 0.6.6 - Requires 0.14.x
Example build - Requires 0.14.x

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

maths in () can be wrong ^^

SFE:
+ lubricant -> 3 MF @ 80 °C

FFE:
heavy-oil -> 4 MF @ 70 °C (~20 water @ 70°C / s ~ 11.9 MW)
light-oil -> 4 MF @ 80 °C (~20 water @ 80°C / s ~ 13.5 MW)
corn-oil -> 3.2 MF @ 90 °C (~16 water @ 90°C / s ~ 12.2 MW)

Quantrinum-Reactor:
infused UC -> 250 MF @ 150°C
Quantrinum -> 400 MF @ 200°C
infused Quantrinum -> 1500 MF @ 250°C

you can still raise the temperature to atm max. 500 °C, but heating with boilers is save solid-fuel-energy into the fluid. its not way as delievered where the energy comes from the transformation-process. if you afterheat you use both methods conventional vanilla-heating and fantasy yi-technic ^^

the base idea (lost in time) was store daily/sunshine energy into fluid instead of accumulators because better to handle and store. (same for infusion) but (in my opinion a bug) i cant prevent a assembly using modules from beacons (entity-code allow_modules=false is ignored). this original idea would also let handle energy in outpost better, because you transport some mf-liquid (now quantrinum) and have lots of energy, without water supply. fluids in my opinion also better to handle power-spikes instead of flipping accumulators on and off.

i watching the whole system and tweak/balance if nessesary. i still aim for a easy to use medium energy-output-system and complicated tweaked setup for higher output ;)

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

loaded after a saved game, or after placing/removeing the gearbox or just after some time ?

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

YuokiTani wrote:loaded after a saved game, or after placing/removeing the gearbox or just after some time ?
I get it on placement.

Line 54 is looking for table:
table.insert(entities[entity.name]["global"], yegearboxen)

entities["y-gearbox-power"]["global"]

The y-gearbox-power entity look
entities = {
["y-gearbox-power"] = {
["update"] = gearBox,
["global"] = global.YGBX,
["time"] = 5
}
}

Don't see where global.YGBX is initialized. Believe it is the nil table referenced.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

YuokiTani wrote:loaded after a saved game, or after placing/removeing the gearbox or just after some time ?
error comes after the build

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I've sent Yuoki new code. global.YGBX used to be initialized during on_load but some bad characters have done some very strange things during on_load causing many desync mess. This has forced Rseding's hands and thus he has prevented any mutation of the global table during on_load which was where I used to initialize stuff that I forgot to put into on_init() or forget in on_configuration_changed.

In the mean time, replace your control.lua with this
control.lua

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

@fatmice

Update resolves the gear box issue.

On an existing save/world that does not have yi_engine active:
on_configuration_changed ... attempt to concatenate old_version (a nil value).

Line 26:
game.players[1].print("Migrating: "..event.mod_changes["yi_engines"].old_version.." -> "..event.mod_changes["yi_engines"].new_version)

It may have had it in the past, but I the load menu it is not listed as a mod in the save.

Maybe nil check the old_version before using it?

Edit:
Fixed the nil, but the function it calls "migrate0_3_13b" is also nil

Fatmice
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Fatmice »

I suggest you wait for Yuoki to release 0.3.14 and tell me if the migration is giving issues.

The function migrate0_3_13b is in version.lua so it shouldn't be nill. The code for control.lua that I gave above is for 0.3.13, so if you paste that into any other version of yi_engine, you will have issues.

As for .old_version, just comment out the printing line. It's just debug.

Codec
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Yuoki Industries - Addon Engines 0.3.14 (0.13)

Post by Codec »

It seems the hard locking issue is still here when hovering over items in your crafting que or in your tech tree. It may not seem like a big issue but it means i cant use it on my server as if anyone hovers over an item it just hard locks everyone for seemingly forever. The server seems to never recover.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Codec wrote:It seems the hard locking issue is still here when hovering over items in your crafting que or in your tech tree. It may not seem like a big issue but it means i cant use it on my server as if anyone hovers over an item it just hard locks everyone for seemingly forever. The server seems to never recover.

Is the hard lock the long pause on cancelling items?

Is that this mod? Is it related to the raw materials calculation? Noticed game thinks even simple vanilla things have a ton yuoki materials in them.

Codec
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Codec »

Peppe wrote:
Codec wrote:It seems the hard locking issue is still here when hovering over items in your crafting que or in your tech tree. It may not seem like a big issue but it means i cant use it on my server as if anyone hovers over an item it just hard locks everyone for seemingly forever. The server seems to never recover.

Is the hard lock the long pause on cancelling items?

Is that this mod? Is it related to the raw materials calculation? Noticed game thinks even simple vanilla things have a ton yuoki materials in them.
Its only when you hover over items in your crafting que or items in the tech tree. I'm not sure about if its from the materials, but it happens on any item I've tested. I would love to pfw but it needs this addon that kills the server. If i remove engines its fine, i made a short video of it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2N8g8mnLlA .

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

if have tracked this ... some recipe seems make problems or produce a loop, but atm idk which.
it's for sure in the autogenerated file z_recipes. (but these recipes are fully defined) - i removed recipes with vanilla-output but no change atm, so it's maybe a different recipe that generates this internal loop. ^^ i will split these file into portions and test all parts and see if i can find the bad-recipe.

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Looks like they will be fixing the burner assembler liquid issue in the next version!

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=28196&p=182661#p182661

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Peppe wrote:Looks like they will be fixing the burner assembler liquid issue in the next version!
jepp looks like.

i have here a working yi_engines version but all package-recipes deactivated.
yi_engines 0.3.15

possible because all recipes refers in crafting-category causes the issue. of course i don't know why. but until i have moved all in a extra category and made a extra-package-machinery - deactivation fixes the problem looks like. please test and give feedback before i make a upload to mods.factorio.com
is it worth a bug-report ? - idk

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

YuokiTani wrote:
Peppe wrote:Looks like they will be fixing the burner assembler liquid issue in the next version!
jepp looks like.

i have here a working yi_engines version but all package-recipes deactivated.
yi_engines 0.3.15

possible because all recipes refers in crafting-category causes the issue. of course i don't know why. but until i have moved all in a extra category and made a extra-package-machinery - deactivation fixes the problem looks like. please test and give feedback before i make a upload to mods.factorio.com
is it worth a bug-report ? - idk
Resolves the performance issue Codec showed in his video.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

Peppe wrote: Is the hard lock the long pause on cancelling items?
i think - yes.
for most items i have full group and subgroup descriptions (more than nessesary), so the game should not include this into calculation. can only fixed by removing the transformations - i think. i'am not sure if with code the game can forced to take another search-route.

Lorico
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lorico »

There sems to be a problem with the 50MW generator, as I'm not able to run it with a steam-turbine at all.
All the y-mechanical-force is sucked up instantly witout giving anny power. (the fluid_usage_per_tick sems to be a bit high with 8.913 and the turbines only producing 24 mechanical-force per 1.2 s)

Peppe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Peppe »

Lorico wrote:There sems to be a problem with the 50MW generator, as I'm not able to run it with a steam-turbine at all.
All the y-mechanical-force is sucked up instantly witout giving anny power. (the fluid_usage_per_tick sems to be a bit high with 8.913 and the turbines only producing 24 mechanical-force per 1.2 s)
I think it is a temperature issue. Steam seems to be coming out of overheater at 110 degrees no matter what now instead of 200+ when the input is >95.

Return to “Yuoki Industries”