liquid type icon on pipe-to-ground

Suggestions that have been added to the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

liquid type icon on pipe-to-ground

Post by sparr »

currently the liquid type is only visible as a color through windows on straight pipes, and every 2-3 pipes with an icon in additional info mode. this means adjacent pipe-to-ground tiles don't have any indication of what liquid they carry without having to hover over them. adding the icon to one of the two tiles for this configuration would be handy.s
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-02-17 23.08.02.png
Screenshot 2014-02-17 23.08.02.png (60.59 KiB) Viewed 3494 times

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: liquid type icon on pipe-to-ground

Post by slpwnd »

Good point, will be done :)

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

Agree. Every exit point of the pipe to ground should have it, so you know that you didn't mixed up the pipes (happened to me once... 2 diferent pipes in the same vertical line... mixed them up... ended up using half my lubricant in my steam power plant... :o

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

There is 1 change I don't like about this pipe changes... That now they don't show the hot water as red... Maybe it's just that i'm not used to it yet, but I ended up doubling the boilers before i realized that the water WAS at 100° and that the water windows were always blue, even if the water was hot.
Maybe add a tooltip or something, make the pipe itself a little "red"er when hot liquid is passing throug (like if the metal pipe was red hot or something :) )

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

The change in this thread is just about alt icons on pipes that already didn't have windows.

The windows not changing color any more might be a bug, and deserves its own thread.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

Sedado77 wrote:There is 1 change I don't like about this pipe changes... That now they don't show the hot water as red... Maybe it's just that i'm not used to it yet, but I ended up doubling the boilers before i realized that the water WAS at 100° and that the water windows were always blue, even if the water was hot.
Maybe add a tooltip or something, make the pipe itself a little "red"er when hot liquid is passing throug (like if the metal pipe was red hot or something :) )
With many more fluids we have to sort of "save the colors". So the temperature is not indicated at the moment (only in the entity info when you hover over the pipe). Not exactly sure how to solve this one yet - maybe there could be a progress bar temperature indicator in the alt mode. Or even special entity that would show information on temperature, flow and would allow to connect a cable would be an option.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

slpwnd wrote:
Sedado77 wrote:There is 1 change I don't like about this pipe changes... That now they don't show the hot water as red... Maybe it's just that i'm not used to it yet, but I ended up doubling the boilers before i realized that the water WAS at 100° and that the water windows were always blue, even if the water was hot.
With many more fluids we have to sort of "save the colors". So the temperature is not indicated at the moment (only in the entity info when you hover over the pipe). Not exactly sure how to solve this one yet - maybe there could be a progress bar temperature indicator in the alt mode. Or even special entity that would show information on temperature, flow and would allow to connect a cable would be an option.
Maybe having a pipe glowing red when hot? or chilly blue when cold? Just an idea :)

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Sedado77 wrote:Maybe having a pipe glowing red when hot? or chilly blue when cold? Just an idea :)
Or a little light on top of every second or third pipe that changes from blue to red or black to white?

Return to “Implemented Suggestions”