To easy

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Blue.Shadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

To easy

Post by Blue.Shadow »

Hi there!

I played for 2 weeks now and finished my second game.
The first one on normal the next one with some more ressources and Maximum of enemies.
In the second game i avoided too much polution and as a result the biters dont even attack me.
The start was not as easy but after i got the laser Towers to clear the enemy Bases for more space, the game was done.
I dont even got a defence^^I thought about a restart with a rule that i dont reload if i die, but this would be the same.
If i put the ressources on low then it is not playable. I tryed it^^
Can we get maybe something like wandering Monsters or so?

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: To easy

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Try some Mods. There are awesome ones out there.

zingo2
Inserter
Inserter

Post by zingo2 »

Try the homeworld mod or 5th dimension or other overhaul mods. They make a different feeling to the game and challanges.

Blue.Shadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blue.Shadow »

Thx i found some Mods for the Aliens. May be it is more Fun^^

Fushigidane
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fushigidane »

How is low resources not playable?

I'm doing a vanilla low/small/poor (very poor for iron and copper) game. Had to use 1600 rail pieces to reach an oil field capable of enough oil to get decent blue research going. Now I've managed to secure an oil outpost 4000 rail pieces away with the help of a flame turret push when I arrived, so I was able to afford a mk2 armor. It's a really fun way to play imo.

CMH
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by CMH »

Like people have mentioned, mods are the way to go.

Marathon mod
Dytech
Bob's Mods
Angel's Mods
Homeworld.

just to name a few.

Some will work with each other, others may not, but they all work on their own anyway to give the game a whole different feel.

And I agree with you, vanilla is way too easy unless you go low resources (but if you do, you're after a challenge after all).

Blue.Shadow
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Blue.Shadow »

Fushigidane wrote:How is low resources not playable?

I'm doing a vanilla low/small/poor (very poor for iron and copper) game. Had to use 1600 rail pieces to reach an oil field capable of enough oil to get decent blue research going. Now I've managed to secure an oil outpost 4000 rail pieces away with the help of a flame turret push when I arrived, so I was able to afford a mk2 armor. It's a really fun way to play imo.
Ich play with max number of Aliens and i put all wath has to do with ressources to the lowest. I tryed to start 20 times but i never got all needed ressourses in my reach. And try to kill 30 Hives with a pistol and 10 ammo^^

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Give Natural Evolution mods a try in my signature.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

It is mentioned several times that the game is not finished...This is still alpha. What's missing is indeed the end game and there are several threads and some Friday facts about ideas to move beyond the current "end".

As said previously...Mods can fill the gap for now.

Fushigidane
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Fushigidane »

Blue.Shadow wrote:Ich play with max number of Aliens and i put all wath has to do with ressources to the lowest. I tryed to start 20 times but i never got all needed ressourses in my reach. And try to kill 30 Hives with a pistol and 10 ammo^^
Very small isn't recommended because then it barely spawns any resources at all.

Nulluhrzehn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Nulluhrzehn »

I once played a game with all resources on very low - very small - very poor

It was the hardest game I ever played. Back then I still believed (as rediculous as it seems) that the map generator always generated a playable map. Now I know that that is not the case.
I only had 2 tiles of coal in my starting area and didn't restart. So after like 20 minutes I deconstructed everything and looked for coal. Didn't find any and decided to fuel everything with wood and rush for solar power. To make a long story short: the next 40-50 hours were an exhausting orgy of turret-creeping (at first with my precious 1st laser turret) and looking for iron ore like looking for an oasis in the desert. Eventually I had won, with a giant train network connecting over 12 0,1/s oil fields as it always is in those low resource games ...

Right now I am playing with all resources put on 2/5 again, and even with that setting it's still hard to find resources, even with radars on every mining/pumping site, but that's where cars come into play ...

OkariDraconis
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OkariDraconis »

Try bobs mods..get like all of them installed. Just turn off God modules...
The game is deeper and more challenging...but then you really steam roll in the end.
Please review this idea when you get a chance
Swarm Biters (locusts) - The Evolved Response to TurretCreep

5+ years game development experiance

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

OkariDraconis wrote:Try bobs mods..get like all of them installed. Just turn off God modules...
The game is deeper and more challenging...but then you really steam roll in the end.
.13. Versions of bob's mods have God Modules off and Limits productivity modules to intermediates by default. So no need to change anything :)

Powerade1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Powerade1 »

how do u turn on the god modules in .13

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

Powerade1 wrote:how do u turn on the god modules in .13
Use 0.14 (the default option on Steam and on the webpage).

Download the bobconfig mod (Bob's config mod), then extract its contents and delete the extra bobconfig_0.14.0.zip file. Edit the bobconfig_0.14.0\config.lua file, line 109 in particular:

Code: Select all

-- If enabled, then God modules and research are enabled.
bobmods.config.modules.EnableGodModules = true
If you still have problems then ask in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=30904
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Bobs mods with Angels mods. I doubt you'll ever finish a game.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

SHiRKiT wrote:Bobs mods with Angels mods. I doubt you'll ever finish a game.
I actually did once. But then I tried https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Warringer/bobsangelthon (Bobs+Angels+Marathon) and that save died after 40 hours.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

Just launched my 2nd ion cannon. I recommend the ion cannon mod to get a better end game in bobs+angles, as you need to produce a whole lot of odd things for the ion cannon that you do not need for a sat launch.

But I think the biggest charm of adding bobs+angels is that you suddenly have "waste" products to manage. Really adds a whole new perspective to the game.

BenSeidel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BenSeidel »

Hmmm, my answer to the idea that the game is "too easy" is this: The base with default settings is a tutorial. Yes, the game has a 40+ hour tutorial!

During this time you learnt about the production chains, how the liquid systems work, how to set up a logistics network, etc. Once you have launched two rockets in two separate games it's time to turn it up a notch. This is where the main game begins.

Start out with a game-changing mod or two. Come back to vanilla and see how big you can make everything.
Set yourself challenges: Do speed runs, Don't use belts, Don't use bots, Play with the spaghetti rules (don't lift belts), etc.
Try to increase the effectiveness of things with the circuit network.
There is always something else to try and to learn!

And do what you want, HOW YOU WANT!

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

daniel34 wrote:
I actually did once. But then I tried https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Warringer/bobsangelthon (Bobs+Angels+Marathon) and that save died after 40 hours.
I'm in 150 hours in and still haven't gone through half of it yet.

Return to “General discussion”