[MOD 0.15|0.14] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.4.1

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Moosie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x|0.13] Rail Tanker - Liquid transport 1.3.32

Post by Moosie »

I can't download this because each time I go to page, it says log in again and forums seem BROKEN.

Is there a non-factorio forums download for 1.3.32?

GotLag
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by GotLag »

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

Just created a request about the localised_name property: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=28424 :D

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

Any thoughts on when or if you will be able to re-render the graphics for the new train sizes? Do you have everything you need to do so, or are the original source files/artist not available? I don't intend to rush, I'm just trying to make the decision on if I want to build my base out depending on this mod or just stick to barrels for now.

Thanks!

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

To be honest i have no idea :D
Right now all i got is: I think the tanker doesn't look too bad, it mostly seems to be a bit too long right now, so it's not really high on my todo list.

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

Choumiko wrote:To be honest i have no idea :D
Right now all i got is: I think the tanker doesn't look too bad, it mostly seems to be a bit too long right now, so it's not really high on my todo list.
Fair enough. Blender confounds me as well. Thanks for the reply!

*EDIT*: Well I just added 3 fluid stations so, my love for the functionality of the mod won the day. :D Maybe somebody else on the forums has the requisite skill to make a sprite sheet that matches 0.13 trains better. I would think that just having the source blender file helps a lot.

aRatNamedSammy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by aRatNamedSammy »

hmm, i doubt it supposed to work like this..
crude oil can be manipulate like solid objects
oil bug.JPG
oil bug.JPG (43.02 KiB) Viewed 6692 times
was building a new outpost,, then i notice after placing an inserter next to the rail tanker it remove the oil and place it in the chest, like any item... :lol:
Teeth for Two (so sorry my bad english)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

It's required to make the "wait until empty/full conditions to work.

There is no real fix, just don't pull the items out of tanker wagons.

I think there is a MASSIVE cheating possibility by transporting the oil "stack" via regular wagons. I guess it's up to each player to decide if they want to play as it was meant to be played or to cheat.

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

hoho wrote:I guess it's up to each player to decide if they want to play as it was meant to be played or to cheat.
As it should be, really. I never really understood the modern game design trend of "you _will_ play it our way or NO WAY AT ALL!" If I wanted to "cheat" with mods there are far better options, anyway.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

These items can't really be used to cheat in any way. They have no associated recipe. Railtanker only compares the actual liquid with the items and updates the items to the correct amount. If you take them out you just end up jamming up your inventory/chests ;-)

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Choumiko wrote:Railtanker only compares the actual liquid with the items and updates the items to the correct amount. If you take them out you just end up jamming up your inventory/chests ;-)
Ah, ok. Makes sense. I thought you stored the actual oil in those fake-oil items. In that case, yeah, one can't cheat that way.

R3CONN3R
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by R3CONN3R »

Hey! I've been working on updating the model and wanted to know what you think of it?

MiniMe943
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MiniMe943 »

R3CONN3R wrote:Hey! I've been working on updating the model and wanted to know what you think of it?
Ugh, I hate to say it, but that really just doesn't sit well with me. It probably has to do with the tanks being vertical like that.

I mean, I suppose there's a reason we don't do that IRL either, you lose storage space by having the gaps in between the "tanks".

The quality doesn't look bad, and I like the dual ports on the side, but I think it should stick as a conventional horizontal tank.

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

But this is more for pulver like cement.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

I like the visual connection points in the middle, but the vertical tanks look just wrong to me.

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

I like the vertical tanks I think it fits the Factorio Style

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Why not have both.
I'm more the big laying tank type but won't complain if the other design is available.

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

R3CONN3R wrote:Hey! I've been working on updating the model and wanted to know what you think of it?
I like this a lot! It feels very Factorio to me, and it fits the new shiny trains really well. :D Please do release this even if it doesn't get into the main mod. I'll at least use it. :D

I'm managing something like 13 different liquids in my game right now.. this got me thinking that it'd be pretty sweet to store 4 liquids per train car in reduced quantities.. could you make an alternate with 4 pipe inputs per side instead of two? I think I'll take a look at the mod code tomorrow to see how doable such a thing would be...

Stoup
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Stoup »

Perhaps people would feel those tanks were more "factorio" If they were as dirty as the pipes they connect to :D

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

Stoup wrote:Perhaps people would feel those tanks were more "factorio" If they were as dirty as the pipes they connect to :D
Perhaps. A lot of custom mod graphics tend to have really clean buildings, but the tanks here at least look kind of hand crafted and a little rough. The new train wagons are also very slick and shiny so I think it fits.

One thing I was thinking is that it matches the pumps quite nicely in the vertical station example, and the horizontal station has the usual problem of the pumps not looking connected. However, 0.13 now has that animation for when wagons are ready to unload. I wonder if that feature could be used to have the pipes extend outward when at a station so they can fully connect now?

This could even be an alternate wagon type. Holds 4 liquids at reduced quantities (but maybe more total than a single tank car), requires one pump per tank, maybe costs a little more.

I'm really quite pumped about this graphic. I hope it gets released to us plebs! :D

Return to “Mods”