Topics and discussion about specific mods
Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.33+]Recycling Machines

Post by Mooncat »

DRY411S wrote:
Mooncat wrote:
Hi, I saw your mods on mod portal. It feels a little bit weird to see a mod separated into different entries. And a question came to my mind: how the hell can someone maintain their works like this? If something is changed, he needs to apply the change 4 times. :shock:
Agreed, but I implemented it this way to make it easier for the player, not easier for the Modder. :)
Mooncat wrote:Yes, recipes and other things can only be created in data phase. They are all loaded during the loading screen of the game. Once loaded, the data table is gone and no more things can be added. So, in-game configuration is not a good option.

But you can also consider pre-game configuration which I would prefer in your mod as a player. You can put the value in, for example, config.lua. Then, use this value to create recipes in data.lua. The data file is just a lua file anyway, you can still do some maths inside it. ;)
We will have to agree to disagree. :) To change the percentage by unzipping the mod, opening the config.lua and editing it was in my opinion too much to expect a player to do. Allowing them to change percentages using the in-game Mods menu is a better way for a normal player.

And of course, the 'triggers' are optional. I didn't want to force people to use a trigger.
It sounds fair. Yes, that option has some drawbacks. Players are involved more for custom configuration. And after they have received update, they need to re-configure again. It is up to you to keep it as is. It is your mod anyway. :mrgreen:

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.0+]Recycling Machines

Post by DRY411S »

For Factorio 0.13 Download v0.13.12 is now available on the mod portal. This fixes a bug: https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/9

For Factorio 0.12 Download v0.12.36 is now available on GitHub which fixes bugs: https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/8 and https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/9

The_Mak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.0+|v0.12]Recycling Machines

Post by The_Mak »

Hi, just letting you know of some errors that prevent the game to load when I use the latest version (ZRecycling_0.13.12) alone with the following mods.

5dim_core_0.13.1
File __ZRecycing_graphics/item-group/5dum_core/enuclear.png not found

ElectricVoid_1.0.7
Error while loading recipe prototype "dry411srev-electric-consumer"
(recipe): Recipe dry411srev-electric-consumer must have at least one product

Mobile-suit_1.5.5
Error while loading recipe prototype "dry411srev-secret-wait-point"
(recipe): Recipe dry411srev-secret-wait-point must have at least one product

5dim and Mobile-suit may have other errors pop up, these are just the ones that pop up first.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

The_Mak wrote:Hi, just letting you know of some errors that prevent the game to load when I use the latest version (ZRecycling_0.13.12) alone with the following mods.

5dim_core_0.13.1
File __ZRecycing_graphics/item-group/5dum_core/enuclear.png not found

ElectricVoid_1.0.7
Error while loading recipe prototype "dry411srev-electric-consumer"
(recipe): Recipe dry411srev-electric-consumer must have at least one product

Mobile-suit_1.5.5
Error while loading recipe prototype "dry411srev-secret-wait-point"
(recipe): Recipe dry411srev-secret-wait-point must have at least one product

5dim and Mobile-suit may have other errors pop up, these are just the ones that pop up first.
Thanks for the reports. I have raised 3 separate issues at https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues

The first one is because I have got a missing graphics file, the next two are because those mods have got recipes in that don't have any ingredients! My code assumes that recipes have ingredients.

Edit: I have a fix that will be released tomorrow.

Simcra
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Simcra »

Really enjoying your mod, it is well designed. I have one concern, the recipes are not localised, perhaps you could add a suffix of -9999 to them and not prefix them, so that they inherit the regular locale, just an idea.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

I've just started testing alpha 0.13 seriously, downloaded and enabled a lot of mods (old favourites, and some new ones, including v0.13.12 of this one), and I got this error message upon starting Factorio:

Error while loading recipe:prototype
"dry411srev-creative-mode_item-source" (recipe): Recipe
dry411srev-creative-mode_item-source must have at least one produkt.
Modifications: ZRecycling

I deleted the ZRecycling mod from my /mods folder (I have a backup folder containing all mods I want to experiment with, it still resides there), and after doing that Factorio did launch. So either there's some bug in this mod, or else this mod is interacting badly with another mod, in which case I don't know how to decipher what that other mod is.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Simcra wrote:Really enjoying your mod, it is well designed. I have one concern, the recipes are not localised, perhaps you could add a suffix of -9999 to them and not prefix them, so that they inherit the regular locale, just an idea.
Thank you for the nice feedback.

Can you reference somewhere where this suffix thing is confirmed please. I cannot find anywhere.

The fact that localisation is missing is something that's on my issues list. https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/2

It's hard to know what to do about this. The locale is used in more than one place, both for the recycling recipe name, AND for the results. For example, when recycling electronic circuits, the locale is used for the circuit, AND both the iron-plate and copper-cable.

Anything that produces a single recycling result (for example turning gears back into iron-plate), the locale displays correctly for the result but not the recipe.

This is a factorio limitation, not much I can do. I could produce a locale for every recycling recipe and include it in the mod, but I have no idea what other mods people are using. Dynamic generation of locale strings is also not possible. :(

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Peter34 wrote:I've just started testing alpha 0.13 seriously, downloaded and enabled a lot of mods (old favourites, and some new ones, including v0.13.12 of this one), and I got this error message upon starting Factorio:

I deleted the ZRecycling mod from my /mods folder (I have a backup folder containing all mods I want to experiment with, it still resides there), and after doing that Factorio did launch. So either there's some bug in this mod, or else this mod is interacting badly with another mod, in which case I don't know how to decipher what that other mod is.
Thanks for the feedback. This is a known issue (https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/12 and https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/11) and there will be a fix incoming in the next hour or so. It's caused by some mods having recipes that have NO ingredients, which is an edge case that my mod did not test for. Why should a recipe have NO ingredients?

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

DRY411S wrote:
Peter34 wrote:I've just started testing alpha 0.13 seriously, downloaded and enabled a lot of mods (old favourites, and some new ones, including v0.13.12 of this one), and I got this error message upon starting Factorio:

Thanks for the feedback. This is a known issue (https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/12 and https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/11) and there will be a fix incoming in the next hour or so. It's caused by some mods having recipes that have NO ingredients, which is an edge case that my mod did not test for. Why should a recipe have NO ingredients?
It might be a Creative Mode mod that I'm using, or it might be a mod like YARM or Rseding91's force fields mod. Both those two add a "tool" item. YARM's is used to select/indicate ore fields to "measure", and the force field mod adds a tool used to configure the force field-emitting item. I don't know if either of those do require ingredients to craft or not, I'm just thinking out loud, but I can check tomorrow, or possibly later today.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Peter34 wrote:It might be a Creative Mode mod that I'm using, or it might be a mod like YARM or Rseding91's force fields mod. Both those two add a "tool" item. YARM's is used to select/indicate ore fields to "measure", and the force field mod adds a tool used to configure the force field-emitting item. I don't know if either of those do require ingredients to craft or not, I'm just thinking out loud, but I can check tomorrow, or possibly later today.
Thank you for the further information. I don't know what mod uses that recipe either, but I do know that the error message means that the recipe has no ingredients. The latest versions of the mods (in the post below) will now handle ANY recipe, ANY mod that has recipes with no ingredients.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

DRY411S wrote:
Peter34 wrote:It might be a Creative Mode mod that I'm using, or it might be a mod like YARM or Rseding91's force fields mod. Both those two add a "tool" item. YARM's is used to select/indicate ore fields to "measure", and the force field mod adds a tool used to configure the force field-emitting item. I don't know if either of those do require ingredients to craft or not, I'm just thinking out loud, but I can check tomorrow, or possibly later today.
Thank you for the further information. I don't know what mod uses that recipe either, but I do know that the error message means that the recipe has no ingredients. The latest versions of the mods (in the post below) will now handle ANY recipe, ANY mod that has recipes with no ingredients.
Thanks for the quick update!

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

I'm here because I smell trouble caused by my mod. It is grad that you have fixed that. :D
The recipes take no ingredient because they are for testing purpose or initial base setup.

And the other reason I am here is because I see you are having trouble on localising recipe names. I think I can help. (I tried helping Choumiko for his Rail Tanker, but it turned out item prototype does not support the necessary property. But I am sure recipe prototype has that property because I am using it in my Creative Mode. Anyway, let's get started.)

The magic property is "localised_name".
In my mod, I have to generate recipes for producing different fluids without ingredient. Fluids from other mods are also supported, so I can't really localise the recipes one-by-one. I used localised_name to do the trick. Here are the necessary snippets in my mod:
In localisation file:

Code: Select all

[recipe-name]
creative-mode_free-fluid=__1__ x __2__
When creating the recipe prototype, add this property:

localised_name = {"recipe-name.creative-mode_free-fluid", 50, {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name}}
The result is "50 x Hydrotin Gas" (The gas is from Yuoki Industries)

In your case, you may need more than one localisation keys:

[recipe-name]
single-result-recipe=__1__
double-results-recipe=__1__ and __2__
trible-results-recipe=__1__, __2__ and __3__
and then choose them and fill in the blanks accordingly.

Hope this helps. ;)

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Mooncat wrote:I'm here because I smell trouble caused by my mod. It is grad that you have fixed that. :D
The recipes take no ingredient because they are for testing purpose or initial base setup.
My mod tries to 'reverse recipe' anything that are certain types, item-groups, and item sub-groups. In vanilla with these combinations, there are no recipes that have no ingredients. That's where I got caught out. If mod writers made their special recipes for in the "other" item group then my mod would not try to handle them. :)
Mooncat wrote:And the other reason I am here is because I see you are having trouble on localising recipe names. I think I can help. (I tried helping Choumiko for his Rail Tanker, but it turned out item prototype does not support the necessary property. But I am sure recipe prototype has that property because I am using it in my Creative Mode. Anyway, let's get started.)

The magic property is "localised_name".
In my mod, I have to generate recipes for producing different fluids without ingredient. Fluids from other mods are also supported, so I can't really localise the recipes one-by-one. I used localised_name to do the trick. Here are the necessary snippets in my mod:
In localisation file:

[recipe-name]
creative-mode_free-fluid=__1__ x __2__
When creating the recipe prototype, add this property:

localised_name = {"recipe-name.creative-mode_free-fluid", 50, {"fluid-name." .. fluid.name}}
The result is "50 x Hydrotin Gas" (The gas is from Yuoki Industries)

In your case, you may need more than one localisation keys:

[recipe-name]
single-result-recipe=__1__
double-results-recipe=__1__ and __2__
trible-results-recipe=__1__, __2__ and __3__
and then choose them and fill in the blanks accordingly.

Hope this helps. ;)
This is excellent advice thanks. :D

I've had to tweak it because most of the things that I'm recycling don't have vanilla recipe-name. In vanilla, the only things with recipe-name are fluids, which I don't recycle. I'm recycling items, entities, equipment and ammo.

What I need to recycle has entity-name, equipment-name, item-name and ammo-category-name. Certainly entity-name seems to have the localised_name property. Rather than produce long lists of component parts, I'm just wrapping 'Recycled' and 'parts' around the original name. Here's me hovering over the Passive provider chest in my Recycling Machine menu.
Localised entity
Localised entity
Localised.png (464.99 KiB) Viewed 7367 times

By the way do you know how to change the text in the screenshot form 'Choose recipe for assembly' to 'Choose recipe for recycling'. I cannot find any way of doing that.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

I now have locale working fine in vanilla. There is some work to for the locale of popular mods, but I'll release soon for vanilla locale only.

I'd be grateful if anybody wants to give me some locale translations. There aren't many required. Here is the English version.
English locale

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

DRY411S wrote:I now have locale working fine in vanilla. There is some work to for the locale of popular mods, but I'll release soon for vanilla locale only.

I'd be grateful if anybody wants to give me some locale translations. There aren't many required. Here is the English version.
English locale
Wow, so fast. I was still wondering how to get the correct localised name from the categories. I thought you just need to use the names under [item-name] because you are recycling items anyway, but it turns out not all names are under there. Some items like offshore-pump only have names under [entity-name] and not in [item-name] (how the hell its item can be localised...). Given the fact that there is no API to check whether a localised string exists, I totally have no idea on that. :?

By the way, about the recipe names, won't it be to long to have "Recycling Machine Mod Warning: No locale available for subgroup __1__" in game?
Maybe it would be better: "[No locale found] __1__"
And for "Recycled __1__ parts", maybe "Recycle __1__" ?
Just a suggestion. :lol:
DRY411S wrote:By the way do you know how to change the text in the screenshot form 'Choose recipe for assembly' to 'Choose recipe for recycling'. I cannot find any way of doing that.
I don't know either. I think it is hard coded.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

It's a large look up table based on subgroup. I will need to extend it for mods that create new subgroups.
Dynamic localisation based on sub-group

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

DRY411S wrote:It's a large look up table based on subgroup. I will need to extend it for mods that create new subgroups.
Dynamic localisation based on sub-group
Looks like binding the categories manually is the only option right now. :geek:
Thanks for sharing that. this may be useful for other modders too. :D

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Download Latest versions

For Factorio 0.13 Download v0.13.14 is now available on the mod portal.

For Factorio 0.12 Download v0.12.38Image

Both versions updated 12-Jul-2016

CHANGE LOG

Migration for: https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/9
Marathon Mod Enhancement: https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/13
Vanilla locale support: https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/2 (For Factorio 0.13 only)

Download Trigger mods for Factorio v0.13 from the Mod Portal

10% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio010
20% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio020
40% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio040
50% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio050

Download Trigger mods for Factorio v0.12 from GitHub

Download 10% Trigger
Download 20% Trigger
Download 40% Trigger
Download 50% Trigger

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

Download Latest versions

For Factorio 0.13 Download v0.13.15 is now available on the mod portal. Updated 18-Jul-2016.

For Factorio 0.12 Download v0.12.38 Updated 12-Jul-2016. Image

Version for Factorio 0.13 updated 18-Jul-2016

CHANGE LOG

Fix: https://github.com/DRY411S/Recycling-Machines/issues/15 (Only in v0.13 branch)
Enhancement: Localisation for Bob's Mods (Only in v0.13 branch, locale cannot be fixed in v0.12)

There was a bug that meant that most of Bob's Electronics and Bob's Modules were not being offered for Recycling. This is now fixed. There is a limitation. Bob allows some modules to be built two different ways. Recycling Machines only allows one recycling method for those modules.

Download Trigger mods for Factorio v0.13 from the Mod Portal

10% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio010
20% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio020
40% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio040
50% https://mods.factorio.com/mods/DRY411S/RecycleRatio050

Download Trigger mods for Factorio v0.12 from GitHub

Download 10% Trigger
Download 20% Trigger
Download 40% Trigger
Download 50% Trigger

Return to “Mods”