[MOD 0.13] SpaceBook - a multiplayer / PvP / RP manager

Topics and discussion about specific mods
binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.13.X] SpaceBook - a multiplayer/PvP/RP manager

Post by binbinhfr »

now takes advantage of new co/deco API features.
Please report any problem because this mod is not easy to test in solo player or in fake MP.
My mods on the Factorio Mod Portal :geek:

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] SpaceBook - a multiplayer/PvP/RP manager

Post by Optera »

I got following error after migrating from an old save.
Attachments
20160701100336_1.jpg
20160701100336_1.jpg (405.67 KiB) Viewed 6768 times

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

It seems that you did not upgrade the mod to v 1.0.8 which was corrected to support factorio 0.13 new API.
please update mod (in game or from the portal)

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

binbinhfr wrote:It seems that you did not upgrade the mod to v 1.0.8 which was corrected to support factorio 0.13 new API.
please update mod (in game or from the portal)
I did have 1.0.7, but even with 1.0.8 i get that same error with line 1878 instead.
always_day was moved from game to surface http://lua-api.factorio.com/0.13.1/LuaS ... always_day

Krossfire
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Krossfire »

I did the same probleme with 0.13.1

Find on : mods.factorio.com

Error while running the event handler: __SpaceBook__/control.lua:2788: SpaceBook / ERROR : [__SpaceBook__/control.lua:1878: LuaGameScript doesn't contain key always_day.]. Please transmit the message and a eventual screencopy to the mod developper BinbinHfr on the Factorio forum. Thanks.

Bob's mod , 5 dim mods , Angel mods.
I hope that's help you to debug it ,
"PS : Dependance with TIMETOOL 1.0.12 REQUIRED - MOD WORK FINE WITH IT !"

Sorry for annoying

Bye BinbinHfr
Last edited by Krossfire on Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Hi guys,

sorry, I changed some of the surface migration but forgot those about time. And as I develop Timetools too, I did not detect the problems.
You do not have to install Timetools at all (the dependency is optional with a "?"), but when it is installed, the corresponding feature in Spacebook are disabled, that's why I did not test them nor see the bug...

So here is v1.0.9. (tested in MP without TimeTools)

Pawz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pawz »

Hey just wanted to chime in here with a big THANK YOU for developing this mod. It's exactly what I've been looking for to set up my home games between the family :D And my son already shot me several times with entirely too much giggling. -_-

Great work :)
------------------------------------
Making Sniper Turrets Balanced Again aka Run Run the Swarm is Coming (Swarmageddon)
How it Should Have Started - A less 'cheaty' quick start (You won't want to play w/o this anymore)
No Wall Repair Less Suiciding

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Pawz wrote:Hey just wanted to chime in here with a big THANK YOU for developing this mod. It's exactly what I've been looking for to set up my home games between the family :D And my son already shot me several times with entirely too much giggling. -_-

Great work :)
Thanks ! Nice to have some positive returns on this mod on which I spent a lot of time. :)

Well I should not say it, but if your son is winning too many times and your parental authority is at stake, don't forget that as an admin, you can have access to "cheat functions" :twisted: Afterall, who is the boss in this family ???? ;)

Pawz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Pawz »

Yeah my new heavy armor told his turrets where to go :) Although it highlighted how pointless regular bullets become against players with armor..

Anyways I was wondering if it would be possible to do something a little bit more automated with this tool. Or if you could point me in the right direction to mod it in.

I'm trying to set up a server where any player joins, they get assigned their own force, teleported to a random location and then any biters are cleared within a radius of their spawn and a small patch of each resource is generated nearby.
------------------------------------
Making Sniper Turrets Balanced Again aka Run Run the Swarm is Coming (Swarmageddon)
How it Should Have Started - A less 'cheaty' quick start (You won't want to play w/o this anymore)
No Wall Repair Less Suiciding

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

Pawz wrote:Yeah my new heavy armor told his turrets where to go :) Although it highlighted how pointless regular bullets become against players with armor..

Anyways I was wondering if it would be possible to do something a little bit more automated with this tool. Or if you could point me in the right direction to mod it in.

I'm trying to set up a server where any player joins, they get assigned their own force, teleported to a random location and then any biters are cleared within a radius of their spawn and a small patch of each resource is generated nearby.
Whaoo, that's totally something else. But I will think about it in the form of a new mod. The resource generation is not so obvious, because if people use alternate ore mods, I have to generate alternate ore patches too. But that's a nice idea. I think I already see something like that on the forum but I don't remember where, and I do not think it integrate bitter clearing and ore generation. (we also need some water, and not too many trees). But some players could be disapointed by their random spawn location, so maybe I have to put a "accept yes/no" button, to allow another random location ? not easy to satisfy all players in this case.

Just tell me : are you using a headless server, or are you opening directly a simple game in MP and other people join in ?
And when are you ending the game ? when only one player remains alive ? I could add some king of a team-house or team-flag to be destroyed, and making player respawn if killed until its unique object is destroyed. The last flag remaining would be the winner.

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12+] SpaceBook - a multiplayer / PvP / RP manager

Post by provet »

(give me "add to favorite" factorioforum!!)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

provet wrote:.
(give me "add to favorite" factorioforum!!)
Really ? Thanks ! :-)

Zinal
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Zinal »

What an awesome mod!
So much functionality yet quite easy to use.
I was working on something similar before but I gave up xD
Pawz wrote:Yeah my new heavy armor told his turrets where to go :) Although it highlighted how pointless regular bullets become against players with armor..

Something like http://github.com/Zinal001/PVP_FFA/ maybe? ;) (Note: The PVP_FFA Mod is still in a very early development stage, that's why it's not available on http://mods.factorio.com. Expect bugs)

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

I'm currently developping such a mod.
It will be ready in a few days.

EDIT: it's here : viewtopic.php?f=92&t=28413
Last edited by binbinhfr on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kazzar831
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kazzar831 »

So I may have missed this somewhere; but I can't seem to find it. How do you make Forces "allied" with each other so we can share chests, cars, trains, etc. Anytime I try interacting someone else's stuff, it just says "can't open enemy inventory" even though we both have our stances set at Friends.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

kazzar831 wrote:So I may have missed this somewhere; but I can't seem to find it. How do you make Forces "allied" with each other so we can share chests, cars, trains, etc. Anytime I try interacting someone else's stuff, it just says "can't open enemy inventory" even though we both have our stances set at Friends.
Hi,

I don't think it is possible. Friendly forces in factorio just means that your turrets or combat robots or any automatic weapon won't attack your friends.
But you do not share buildings as if you were in the same force. If you want to do that, you have to merge both forces together. You can do that with SpaceBook too.

kazzar831
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kazzar831 »

Well, I wanted to maintain separate science trees for each force, but have like a public train line anyone could use or something. Is something like that possible?

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

To have different research trees, you have to be in different forces.
But I fear that to use a train, you must be in the same force...
Did you try ?
If you cannot try by yourself, you'd better ask the support :
viewforum.php?f=18

kazzar831
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by kazzar831 »

I haven't tried a train yet, but after making this post I did discover that I can enter and drive an "enemy" car, but I can't open its inventory. I'm guessing trains will work the same way.

binbinhfr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by binbinhfr »

That's possible. As these are factorio related gameplay considerations, I encourage you to open a thread on these subjects on the gameplay/help part of the forum, where the factorio team will help you. Because here, it's beyond my knowledge of factorio ;)

Return to “Mods”