1 input 2 output conveyor sorter (wip)

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

1 input 2 output conveyor sorter (wip)

Post by provet »

A proof of concept sorter for iron and copper ore. The filter inserters are for the tiny leakage every time it changes conveyor belt (Some of the ore gets stuck on the wrong side in the splitter, marked in green together with the solution)

How it works:
The conveyor "box" to the left scans for ore and sends this information to the two deciders on the left.
In which the signal gets converted from ore to a generic +1 signal (the two deciders on the left are for each possible ore signal)
The two deciders on the right are your everyday R/S latch (2 x IF signal = 0 then output +1 hooked together)
The R/S latch then signals the output conveyor boxes to be enabled for the appropriate ore.

Usage: In my WIP universal the-one-train-unloading-station-to-rule-them-all for unloading and sorting of multiple resources
Last edited by provet on Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Case
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 1 input 2 output conveyor sorter (wip)

Post by Case »

Interesting. I definitely will try this out. Could you put the filter inserter on the belt circuits? This would mean you could stop the belt if the wrong ore is on it and filter the bad ones out and the belt starts again. Sorry not well explained I hope you see what I mean.

miniroot
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by miniroot »

Since there is no constant consumption of materials it will stop if there is no place to store unloading ore, and prevent other resources to come in (if u have only 1 unloading line).
Making an universal unloading station for everything (including barels) is my dream -)
So if there no storage room to clear sorter after undoad u have to prevent that resouce from unloading.

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

I don't understand the point of this... how is this better than a few filter inserters at the end of a belt?

provet
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by provet »

British_Petroleum wrote:I don't understand the point of this... how is this better than a few filter inserters at the end of a belt?
mostly because its space-efficient. But also because It could support rather big conveyor systems (like duel-lane blue conveyor) and also because it's rather clean (no fuss: loop-backs etc for it to work). Idk it could also be because preference. :)

Return to “Combinator Creations”