LAN friend can't connect via multiplayer server, desync.

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Vintorez
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

LAN friend can't connect via multiplayer server, desync.

Post by Vintorez »

Hello, 2 of my friends and I are trying to play together with the new multiplayer browser (playing on experimental build). One of my friends is on the same network (LAN) while the other is at his own house.
My LAN friend can only connect by entering my local ip address, connecting through the browser or steam fails to establish a connection.
My distant friend can log in through the browser just fine.

The problem is that within 5 minutes of playing, my LAN friend gets a constant desync loop, even after leaving and rejoining, or if our distant friend leaves. Creating a new world resolves the problem but only for a few minutes.
our distant friend is unaffected and can play normally. I've forwarded the appropriate ports.

We figure this could probably be resolved by finding out how he can connect through the browser instead of the local ip.

sskaia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: LAN friend can't connect via multiplayer server, desync.

Post by sskaia »

Seems no one really cares about the desyncs ? 2 Months no answer to this post?

I have same Issue now too, i think this is a very game critical issue, should be fixed asap

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: LAN friend can't connect via multiplayer server, desync.

Post by DaveMcW »

The answer was to make version 0.14. You should opt into the beta if you don't have it.

Return to “Technical Help”