[MOD 0.12.20] GalacticTrade

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.20] GalacticTrade

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Lumikins wrote:Hey All,

I'm using 0.6.6 of this with Steam Factorio 12.29 and I noticed the left and right buttons on the GUI to browse thru items in the buy chest no longer work. If I recall correctly they worked way back in the official versions when I tried them with 12.10. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? I'm thinking there may be a mod conflict? If it's not just me I'm going to maybe look into what's going on - thanks.
Are you using any other mods at all? If so, what mods? I'll see if I can look into it when I have the time.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

btw when posting that fixed zip earlier I noticed that the entire mod is duplicated with the extra copy inside the prototype folder. You might consider cleaning that up (the duplicate lua files from the root directory and the graphics and other folders that are supposed to only be at the root level)

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lumikins »

I have a bunch of other mods and modded mods. I'll try to clean out on my end and unless I reply back it was just a problem with all my stuff. Thanks ninjadude.

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lumikins »

Just thought I'd share my config file for a possible server I'm making. I love the galactic trade mod but I've always wanted the mod to supplement the game vs take over the game. By that I mean in it's current state once you get your economy going with the Galactic Trade mod then you no longer have to scout for new ores and expand since you can just manufacture your way to profitability and use that profit to make even more profit and more things etc... It's fun for a while but eventually you have just about everything in the game with a huge bank balance and nothing to do with it. Also a lot of the prices are unbalanced (especially for DyTech) because of the way the pricing algorithm works currently. I thought it was a great idea using the materials and crafting time to calculate the price but if you've played the mod you can find a lot of easy exploits.

Anyway what I decided to do was blacklist all the items and then whitelist them and set their prices manually. I used kind of an odd pricing algo. which kinda priced some items to be purchasable early game and some items to be more used as sold commodities later game to make money. Generally the higher up the tech tree you go and the more difficult an item is to make you should get more for it. Also the "cut" the market takes has been increased substantially from 15/10/5/1 to 85/80/75/71 (basically +70% to account for "shipping"). The reason I did this is because right now the mod only has one set price to buy and sell items and with the very low market cut it's too easy to produce something and then sell it at a profit which negates most of the game. The 85% starting market cut turns the mod into a supplement for Factorio in which instead of just turtling and making money you're still forced to go out and do the usual factorio things of expanding, finding new resource nodes, building transport infrastructure, building cool new things to sell, fight off the biters etc... All of the prices until late game are also set up in a way in which you can't profit by just making something and using the proceeds to make more of that item.

If anyone wants the design process of why I made these changes it's mostly the fact that when you sell something and turn it into credits it essentially gives you the power to morph any item in factorio into any other item. It also negates the need for transportation infrastructure as for instance you can just sell ore at one far off location and then buy it back at your home base so basically you've transported the goods at light speed at very little cost and negate the dangers of transporting long distances. I like seeing the market capability as a support method to get goods you need for emergency attacks or taking shortcuts with complicated building chains to simplify them. This support will come at a cost and therefore until end game you don't really profit by manufacturing an item and then selling it back for profit. The market exists more to supply things you need, speed up certain tasks, or simplify supply chains / get rid of excess resources and exchange them for other things.

Well here they are. I haven't migrated all the items over yet as I wanted to get other people's input on how this plays out if I mostly put in key early game items and core "node" items that are used to build many other things ie ores / chips / etc... I'm planning to probably put the end chain item for all tech trees in eventually + the rest of the DyTech stuff. Let me know what you all think or if you find some silly exploits.

Replace the config.lua and control.lua inside the mod folder with these versions for the updated prices and tax. config.lua has the blacklisting and new prices only. control.lua adds the increased taxation rates.
Attachments
control.lua
(60.02 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
config.lua
(16.15 KiB) Downloaded 145 times

Alukat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Alukat »

Hey, interesting mod =)

Does the mod work on the current version?

Would it be possible to kind of replace the chests by a spaceport?
Like having the buying chest at the NW, selling chest at the SE and a fuel chest at the SW of the space port.

Also different sizes?
like:
small spaceport > 8x8
medium spaceport > 12x12
large space port > 20x20
In addition to this maybe limit the buying/selling chest to 5 slots, and the small spaceport having 3 chests, medium having 5 chests and large having 8 chests.

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

Alukat wrote:Hey, interesting mod =)

Does the mod work on the current version?

Would it be possible to kind of replace the chests by a spaceport?
Like having the buying chest at the NW, selling chest at the SE and a fuel chest at the SW of the space port.

Also different sizes?
like:
small spaceport > 8x8
medium spaceport > 12x12
large space port > 20x20
In addition to this maybe limit the buying/selling chest to 5 slots, and the small spaceport having 3 chests, medium having 5 chests and large having 8 chests.
Honestly, I don't really have a clue what you're talking about. I haven't played Factorio in a while. So I also don't know if it works with the current version.

Which reminds me, anyone that wants to take over this iteration of the mod (or just go back and fix the original mod their way) is very welcome to do so, as I've pretty much lost interest in continuing this project myself.

FactorioRox
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FactorioRox »

Mod no longer works post-v0.12.33 (potentially earlier, Got an error referring to global "game" returned a nil error or something similar will post screenshot at request if someone picks up development), If anyone could fix that would be amazing.

seronis
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by seronis »

FactorioRox wrote:Mod no longer works post-v0.12.33 (potentially earlier, Got an error referring to global "game" returned a nil error or something similar will post screenshot at request if someone picks up development), If anyone could fix that would be amazing.
In other threads i've seen people mention that error in relation to other mods and it turned out they had a mod that was breaking the game global. Remove ALL other mods except Galactic Trade and see if you get the same error. Most likely you wont. Add other mods back until error returns. You've found your culprit or at least found a mod that interacts badly with at least one of the previously loaded mods.

Its highly unlikely GT is breaking the game global or this bug would have been showing up the whole time and not now. I dont know for certain its not GT though because I'm still using 0.12.29 because a friend I play with only has that copy available

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

author hi!

I can not be no mod your do even better?

permissible to sell more expensive, do as gloablny market - say once a day if you had a lot of sold goods in the box then prices began to lower, and something that is not taken is also lower, ie like the stock market, ie a lot of goods - cheap, small goods - expensive

рус
привет автор!

я нельзя никакой твой мод сделать еще лучше?

допустим продавать дороже, сделать как глоабльный рынок - допустим раз в день если было много продано товаров в ящике то цены стали бы ниже, а то что не берется тоже ниже, тоесть как на фондовом рынке, тоесть много товара - дешево, мало товара - дорого

Lumikins
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Lumikins »

Lumikins wrote:Just thought I'd share my config file for a possible server I'm making. I love the galactic trade mod but I've always wanted the mod to supplement the game vs take over the game. By that I mean in it's current state once you get your economy going with the Galactic Trade mod then you no longer have to scout for new ores and expand since you can just manufacture your way to profitability and use that profit to make even more profit and more things etc... It's fun for a while but eventually you have just about everything in the game with a huge bank balance and nothing to do with it. Also a lot of the prices are unbalanced (especially for DyTech) because of the way the pricing algorithm works currently. I thought it was a great idea using the materials and crafting time to calculate the price but if you've played the mod you can find a lot of easy exploits.

Anyway what I decided to do was blacklist all the items and then whitelist them and set their prices manually. I used kind of an odd pricing algo. which kinda priced some items to be purchasable early game and some items to be more used as sold commodities later game to make money. Generally the higher up the tech tree you go and the more difficult an item is to make you should get more for it. Also the "cut" the market takes has been increased substantially from 15/10/5/1 to 85/80/75/71 (basically +70% to account for "shipping"). The reason I did this is because right now the mod only has one set price to buy and sell items and with the very low market cut it's too easy to produce something and then sell it at a profit which negates most of the game. The 85% starting market cut turns the mod into a supplement for Factorio in which instead of just turtling and making money you're still forced to go out and do the usual factorio things of expanding, finding new resource nodes, building transport infrastructure, building cool new things to sell, fight off the biters etc... All of the prices until late game are also set up in a way in which you can't profit by just making something and using the proceeds to make more of that item.

If anyone wants the design process of why I made these changes it's mostly the fact that when you sell something and turn it into credits it essentially gives you the power to morph any item in factorio into any other item. It also negates the need for transportation infrastructure as for instance you can just sell ore at one far off location and then buy it back at your home base so basically you've transported the goods at light speed at very little cost and negate the dangers of transporting long distances. I like seeing the market capability as a support method to get goods you need for emergency attacks or taking shortcuts with complicated building chains to simplify them. This support will come at a cost and therefore until end game you don't really profit by manufacturing an item and then selling it back for profit. The market exists more to supply things you need, speed up certain tasks, or simplify supply chains / get rid of excess resources and exchange them for other things.

Well here they are. I haven't migrated all the items over yet as I wanted to get other people's input on how this plays out if I mostly put in key early game items and core "node" items that are used to build many other things ie ores / chips / etc... I'm planning to probably put the end chain item for all tech trees in eventually + the rest of the DyTech stuff. Let me know what you all think or if you find some silly exploits.

Replace the config.lua and control.lua inside the mod folder with these versions for the updated prices and tax. config.lua has the blacklisting and new prices only. control.lua adds the increased taxation rates.
An updated config.lua with more tweaks from playtesting and more DyTech values. Now you can logistics rush! Also can sell fish early game or go on the warpath and sell precious alien artifacts. If you have DyTech you can get all farmy and grow rubber all day too. Other changes as well

Also supports the re-packaged "old version" of DyTech with new metals at viewtopic.php?f=120&t=17094&start=20#p158120
Attachments
config.lua
version 2 of new values
(21.66 KiB) Downloaded 165 times

SlyJacob
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SlyJacob »

Hey, whenever I try to install this mod, it gets stuck on 'Loading item values for galactic trade..' , never progresses and I have to kill the process (factorio).
Any ideas?

Ninjadude501
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninjadude501 »

SlyJacob wrote:Hey, whenever I try to install this mod, it gets stuck on 'Loading item values for galactic trade..' , never progresses and I have to kill the process (factorio).
Any ideas?
I suspect that means that the version in the main post has been officially deprecated.

As I'm not updating this anymore, hopefully someone else can come along and fix it. Sorry.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

please update in 13.2

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( not update???