[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by bobingabout »

Okay, now that all of my mods have been released for Factorio 0.13.0, It's time for bug-fixes, and other possible changes.

And my to do list includes adding logistic links to Accumulators.

If there are any other entities that have a logistic connection in base game, and not my mods, let me know.
if any other changes need to be made, let me know.
If there are any bugs, let me know.
I will wait for a short time to see if any other bugs crop up, and possibly make a few other changes before I release these bugfixes and adjustments.

I'll leave it there for today.
Change log
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

marcelgrilo
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [0.13.x] Bob's Mods: General Discussion

Post by marcelgrilo »

Hello, im triyng to download bob's anymods and continue getting this error on steam

Updated version has same file name.

[Edit]

Just found that
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=27109&start=10

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

RSO needs a config for the water resources is what I read on reddit

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

So I was not running the most recent versions of Bob's mods prior to downloading the 0.13 compatible versions - I was doing other things while waiting for the 0.13 release, I must confess. So pardon please if this question is dated.

I started up a new game with Bob's version 0.13 mods. I'm already having a very hard time because the recipe for an inserted requires a 2nd tier electronic circuit. Is this intended? It certainly ramps the difficult up dramatically. In the past, you had to get your first few 2nd tier circuits built in order to build assembly machine 2, so that you could automate inserter production. Now the challenge to get these 2nd tier circuits built comes before you can even start using inserters. Maybe this is an attempt to get us to use more burner inserters in the early game? Or did something go wonky with the fact that previously the inserters were one of the few things that was specifically reduced from 2nd tier circuits (the default replacement for green circuits in the vanilla game) in order to allow you to get started reasonably quickly?

Thanks for any insights.

marcelgrilo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by marcelgrilo »

bobingabout wrote:
Electronics 0.13.1:
* Fixed recipe updates for Electric mining drill, inserter and splitter to use the correct electronics.

eformo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by eformo »

Thank you - I only downloaded them an hour ago, so figured they were current. Things move fast - thank you Bob!

Edit: Distribution question. The Bob's mods download thread still only has the 0.13, and the portal also only has 0.13. Is there another source that I'm just missing?

Edit 2: Just edited the mod myself. If a neophyte like myself can figure this one out, you can too! /prototypes/recipe-updates.lua needed a few small changes in the first section. The new names are "inserter", "electric-mining-drill" and "splitter".

Chibiabos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Chibiabos »

Bob said he was waiting to see if other bugs were reported and he'd post the quickfixes tomorrow.

Yeah its tough getting those tier 2 electronics considering you need them for the electric miner and basic inserter, heh.

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

Thx for the fast updates for version 0.13 now we can play again. You are great.

Edit: But i must agree tier 2 eletronic mean we have to play a LONG time to get this up and running. Sure we will force to stick around with burning equiment but with maraothon mod that is pretty hard.

Found a bug: Ground water is not in the rso mod that you need to run Angel mod (that should work with bob mods): viewtopic.php?f=185&t=21909

Maybe it is not you problem i will past this over to Angel.

Mods in use:
Bob mods (most of them)
Angel mods
rso (need for angel mods)
marathon
landfill

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Yeah... Basically, someone needs to add Lithia water and Ground water to RSO for them to spawn if you have RSO installed.

the only options are really:
Don't use RSO (I know, not an ideal option)
Edit config mod's config.lua to disable ground water, this will cause plates (MCI) to default back to the old system of getting water from nothing (supposed to be from underground) from the water pump.
Ground water will still exist even if it doesn't spawn due to RSO, you could create your own map with the ground water near the start area.
I also have a Patreon.

InHuMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InHuMan »

Bugs:
1, Newest update (0.13.1) breaks boblogistics. (Crash during game start)
2, It seems that Lithia water does not spawn when creatingh new map. (I can see only ground water)

Firestronk
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firestronk »

Is there a way to get the older recipe for the mining drills back without the basic electronic boards?

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

InHuMan wrote:Bugs:
1, Newest update (0.13.1) breaks boblogistics. (Crash during game start)
2, It seems that Lithia water does not spawn when creatingh new map. (I can see only ground water)
1. I'll have to take a look at the 0.13.1 change log, see if it says anything that might have caused the crash.
If you told me what the error message says, it might be useful
2. The autoplace setting for ground water control them both. you may have to look around to find the other one........ or you know, thinking about it, I may have set the wrong name in lithia water, which would cause problems >.>

EDIT: probably this
◦Added mandatory reversing_power_modifier property into locomotive prototype definition.
Firestronk wrote:Is there a way to get the older recipe for the mining drills back without the basic electronic boards?
Wait until I post a 0.13.1 patch.
I also have a Patreon.

Kibbz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Kibbz »

You are correct that is with the Locomotive. One of the exact errors I'm getting on launch is

Code: Select all

Error while loading entity prototype "diesel-locomotive-2" (locomotive): No such node (reversing_power_modifier)
I know you are aware, just providing exact error to assist with troubleshooting.

ixnorp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ixnorp »

Error message is

Code: Select all

Error while loading entity prototype "diesel-locomotive-2" (locomotive): No such node (reversing_power_modifier)
Modifications: boblogistics
So you guessed correctly.

rodsur
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by rodsur »

So, i dont know if its something to do with some new way of handling biter expansion or if its a bug somewhere in bobs, but i started a new game, played for an hour. I noticed a base near me, i checked it out, it had 2 large worms, one of them poison, that felt a little buggy?

ixnorp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ixnorp »

rodsur wrote:So, i dont know if its something to do with some new way of handling biter expansion or if its a bug somewhere in bobs, but i started a new game, played for an hour. I noticed a base near me, i checked it out, it had 2 large worms, one of them poison, that felt a little buggy?
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=27249

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Updates ahoy! Some of your burning issues (like logistics mod not working, and electric mining drill, inserters, and splitters being hard to craft) should now be fixed!

Plus the neat addition of inventory slot research.
On that note, I reduced the default size of your inventory to 90 slots, the others are regained from the new research.
However, the config mod still defaults to 120 slots. I'll fix that next config mod update, but don't feel it necasary to release a fix just for a changed default value. Plates (MCI) on the other hand also added liquid fuel for use in the flame turret.

Logistics 0.13.1:
* Fixed train to work with Factorio 0.13.1
* Removed Ghost time to live from robots research, the new default was longer than mine anyway.
* Added Logistic wire network connection to roboports (only roboports)
* Added Inserter connections to circuit network.
* Fixed locale entry renames.
* Added character inventory slots research

mining 0.13.1:
* Water mining pumpjacks now check if water resource exists, to prevent crash.

Electronics 0.13.1:
* Fixed recipe updates for Electric mining drill, inserter and splitter to use the correct electronics.

Plates 0.13.1:
* added liquid fuel to flame turret.
* Changed default inventory starting size to 90

Warfare 0.13.1:
* Fixed technology update for personal laser defense 5 and 6. (now use the correct science packs)
* removed residule impact ammo parts.
* removed references to impact ammo parts in productivity filters.

Library 0.13.1:
* Fixed some recipe result function related bugs.
I also have a Patreon.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

bobingabout wrote:Yeah... Basically, someone needs to add Lithia water and Ground water to RSO for them to spawn if you have RSO installed.

the only options are really:
Don't use RSO (I know, not an ideal option)
Edit config mod's config.lua to disable ground water, this will cause plates (MCI) to default back to the old system of getting water from nothing (supposed to be from underground) from the water pump.
Ground water will still exist even if it doesn't spawn due to RSO, you could create your own map with the ground water near the start area.
I'll add it to RSO now that full set of bobs mods is present and I can run it under 0.13.
Not going to backport to 0.12.x version set for now.

InHuMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by InHuMan »

Found some balancing issues:
1, Batteries capacity was increased in vanilla so batteries mk2 to mk6 are now useless (they have lower capacity than mk1)
2, same problem with Portable fusion reactors

McRib
Inserter
Inserter

Post by McRib »

orzelek and bob you are just great both error are solve so we can play again? ;)

p.s orzelek upload it please so we can play ;) *cant wait anylonger*

Return to “Bob's mods”