Version 0.13.0

Information about releases and roadmap.
mdqp
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 0.13.0

Post by mdqp »

bobingabout wrote:I didn't even know this game was on GOG. I mean, the name is "Good Old Games", and Factorio is so new it's not even finished yet, so it wouldn't even cross my mind to look there for it.
Ah-ah, they have been selling new games (mostly indies) for quite some time now. I prefer to buy there when possible, since the games are DRM-free, and I can download an installer and put it on a DVD, if I want to (not important with Factorio, but it can be with other games).

DaveMcW wrote:October 2014 - Factorio 0.11.0 published as experimental
April 2015 - Factorio 0.11.22 published as stable

July 2015 - Factorio 0.12.0 published as experimental
December 2015 - Factorio 0.12.20 published as stable

So expect a 6 month wait.
*screams internally*

Glubo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Glubo »

I've opted in for 0.13 but I have still locked achievements Is it bug or feature?

jockeril
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jockeril »

Glubo wrote:I've opted in for 0.13 but I have still locked achievements Is it bug or feature?
If it's not a new map (or even on a new one) - once you've used console commands, the achievements get grayed out (as if you cheated...)
[request] RTL support please

My mods

Formally Hebrew translator for FARL & EvoGUI mods

join me on
- Twitter[@jockeril],
- Twitch.tv/jockeril,
- Youtube/jocker-il (or JoCKeR-iL)
- and steam !

Alakhai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alakhai »

Well hype is gone, map generator is totaly screwd, why is everywhere so many trees? Why is there no option to lower trees count? If you think pplz like to cut down 500+ trees one be one just to make a base then youre mistaken... why you changed map generator so much...

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

mdqp wrote:I prefer to buy there when possible, since the games are DRM-free, and I can download an installer and put it on a DVD, if I want to (not important with Factorio, but it can be with other games).
if you buy from the factorio site, or buy from steam and link your account to the factorio site, you can download DRM free copies.
Glubo wrote:I've opted in for 0.13 but I have still locked achievements Is it bug or feature?
as far as I know, it's for unmodded factorio only.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Alakhai wrote:Well hype is gone, map generator is totaly screwd, why is everywhere so many trees? Why is there no option to lower trees count? If you think pplz like to cut down 500+ trees one be one just to make a base then youre mistaken... why you changed map generator so much...
You are not true factorio fan, destroying nature and making it suffer is big part of the game. So is pickaxe and flame thrower and shotgun :D

FlyHigh
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by FlyHigh »

I'm definitely reverting those new icons though. And possibly find a way to get the old locomotive back in ;)
Appart from that some cool features, many OPed.
The landfill makes no sense without a water maker. And forest fires should definitely generate more pollution... Anyway...
>>> Maxwell R. Black <<<

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Alakhai wrote:why is everywhere so many trees? Why is there no option to lower trees count?
Nothing changed then, all my maps were already just intense dense forests.
FlyHigh wrote:I'm definitely reverting those new icons though. And possibly find a way to get the old locomotive back in ;) 
There's an idea, I could use the graphics for a type of train in my mod.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

Alakhai
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Alakhai »

cpy wrote:
Alakhai wrote:Well hype is gone, map generator is totaly screwd, why is everywhere so many trees? Why is there no option to lower trees count? If you think pplz like to cut down 500+ trees one be one just to make a base then youre mistaken... why you changed map generator so much...
You are not true factorio fan, destroying nature and making it suffer is big part of the game. So is pickaxe and flame thrower and shotgun :D

If you want to play on very big bases you dont have time to get rid of those trees, this is totaly lame, 9 from 10 maps is treeland, nothing more

mdqp
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mdqp »

bobingabout wrote:if you buy from the factorio site, or buy from steam and link your account to the factorio site, you can download DRM free copies.
That's why I said "that's not important with Factorio, but it can be with other games". I ended up getting it on GOG because if a game is available on there, I usually buy it from them, but I didn't consider how slow they are to deal with the updates more often than not. :lol:

juunsuke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by juunsuke »

Alakhai wrote:
cpy wrote:

If you want to play on very big bases you dont have time to get rid of those trees, this is totaly lame, 9 from 10 maps is treeland, nothing more
Create a new map setting water to "Only in starting area", you will spawn in a big tree-less desert

Tev
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Tev »

It's major version update, tagged as experimental, from still quite small team of developers. Either accept the bugs or wait for more stable release . . . amount of new content is so big that we're lucky they actually delivered new version in June as they promised.

slindenau
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by slindenau »

bobingabout wrote:I didn't even know this game was on GOG. I mean, the name is "Good Old Games", and Factorio is so new it's not even finished yet, so it wouldn't even cross my mind to look there for it.
Since GOG has been re-branded to...well "GOG", it has let go of the acronym and just sells all kind of games now. New and old.
My mod: "Auto Deploy Destroyers" (follower robots) viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24545

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

Mion wrote:
brunzenstein wrote:
Mion wrote:
  • Added /color command, so changing color doesn't require access to lua commands.
If I will use this command to set my color, will I lose my steam-achievements?

If not, what is correct writing for this command? Give please examples.
e.g. the color of the locomotive can be set from within the train setup - no lula commands required
I don't understood you.
I want to change color of character, not color of locomotive.
So I don't understand: will commands from screenshot below (I took it from this topic) disable steam-achievements in single-player (I believe that they can be used in single...)?

I'm interested in commands /color and /evolution.

I am asking because of Factorio Guide:
Achievements can only be reported to steam if the current game is not using any mods, and entering any console commands during a game will disable the unlocking of any achievements for that map.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Only LUA commands disable achievements.

You should report that as a bug in the Factorio Guide forum.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

DaveMcW wrote:Only LUA commands disable achievements.
Thanks!
Sorry, at now I am a little bit noob in console commands and don't know, where is LUA or not LUA :D . LUA-commands begin from /c, right?
DaveMcW wrote:You should report that as a bug in the Factorio Guide forum.
Just did it.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Mion wrote:
Mion wrote:
brunzenstein wrote:
Mion wrote:
  • Added /color command, so changing color doesn't require access to lua commands.
If I will use this command to set my color, will I lose my steam-achievements?

If not, what is correct writing for this command? Give please examples.
e.g. the color of the locomotive can be set from within the train setup - no lula commands required
I don't understood you.
I want to change color of character, not color of locomotive.
So I don't understand: will commands from screenshot below (I took it from this topic) disable steam-achievements in single-player (I believe that they can be used in single...)?

I'm interested in commands /color and /evolution.

I am asking because of Factorio Guide:
Achievements can only be reported to steam if the current game is not using any mods, and entering any console commands during a game will disable the unlocking of any achievements for that map.
No, this was actually the reason to make two categories of commands. Unless you use /c <lua command> you are fine. The reasoning was exactly what you had in mind, obviously, changing color and similar is not cheating, and there is no reason why it shouldn't be possible even with the lua commands disabled in multiplayer.

So yes, you can use command line commands, as long as you don't use lua commands.

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

kovarex wrote:
No, this was actually the reason to make two categories of commands. Unless you use /c <lua command> you are fine. The reasoning was exactly what you had in mind, obviously, changing color and similar is not cheating, and there is no reason why it shouldn't be possible even with the lua commands disabled in multiplayer.

So yes, you can use command line commands, as long as you don't use lua commands.
Thanks for this! *go to change default color*

oLaudix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by oLaudix »

Code: Select all

Crafting machine item/fluid total craft counts are recorded per force.
What does it mean exacly?

Also is it possible to fix mods by just changing their required version? Other than that are there any other mod breaking stuff added in 0.13? I have shitton of mods and i dont know if its timeworthy to change them all or just get rid of them.

Mr. Tact
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mr. Tact »

oLaudix wrote:Also is it possible to fix mods by just changing their required version? Other than that are there any other mod breaking stuff added in 0.13? I have shitton of mods and i dont know if its timeworthy to change them all or just get rid of them.
Highly dependent on the mod I would think. Doing that on something simple like the Long Reach mod would probably work.
Professional Curmudgeon since 1988.

Return to “Releases”