MOD [ 0.18.x / 1.1 ] Bio-Industries

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12+] Bio-Farm 1.1.6 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by Cyres »

I really don't get why i should use Fertilizer. the normal fertilizer is super expensive in comparison to the non-fertilized-wood and the advanced fertilizer has the same wood output but less pulp output. In addition there are the huge costs of the fertilizer itself (Science+stone). I appended a picture to demonstrate this: (click picture)

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Cyres wrote:I really don't get why i should use Fertilizer. the normal fertilizer is super expensive in comparison to the non-fertilized-wood and the advanced fertilizer has the same wood output but less pulp output. In addition there are the huge costs of the fertilizer itself (Science+stone). I appended a picture to demonstrate this: (click picture)

This is an interesting way to look at it and I'll have to think about it.
The main thing that your flow chart does not point out is the grow time. You can grow almost twice as many trees using fertilizer than not using fertilizer in the same time span, so time based, fertilizer is better.

How did you draw that chart again?

Cyres
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Cyres »

Of course there is an advantage in size but there should be another imo. Maybe multiply output by 1.5 when using any fertilizer?

There is a tool, called Foreman, sadly it only works on Windows (.Net :roll: ). It works very well, even with modded content.

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Cyres wrote:....There is a tool, called Foreman, sadly it only works on Windows (.Net :roll: )....
This is what Mono is for. (And the source is available if there's some compatibility issue.)
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12+] Bio-Farm 1.3.0 - Tree Farming Mod

Post by TheSAguy »

V1.3.0 - Up. I was hoping it would be foe 0.13, but in the mean time...

Added Bio Solar Farm - I find that half my map is always solar panels. This just condenses it a bit.
More integrated with Bob's - If you're using it. Now fertilizer uses Nitrogen (Not Liquid Nitrogen)
Added Bio Fuel, if you're using NE Buildings. A fuel created from plant and animals. Can be converted into light and heavy oil.
Lots of Recipe tweaks - Please check all your current factory to make sure they are working correctly.
Removed one of the Biomass recipes. (It used biomass to produce more biomass)

Please give me feedback on balancing.

FYI, when 0.13 comes out, this mod will be renamed Bio Industries.
Thanks.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.12+] Bio-Farm 1.3.0 - Tree Farming Mod & More...

Post by TheSAguy »

The 0.13 release will feature some Wood Products.
Currently have 3, are there any other products/mods you guys know of that can be added?:
Simdezimon - Wood Floors
Klonan - Big Wooden Pole and Wooden Fence

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

TheSAguy wrote:The 0.13 release will feature some Wood Products.
Currently have 3, are there any other products/mods you guys know of that can be added?:
Simdezimon - Wood Floors
Klonan - Big Wooden Pole and Wooden Fence

The shadows are strange... :D

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Another Wood Product added - Rail needs wood.
There are now two rail types. Wooden Rail and Vanilla now needs concrete:

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

TheSAguy wrote: Vanilla now needs concrete:
Not going to update if the mod changes vanilla items. I installed for low cpu wood crafting and don't care that much for additional items. Though the extras should maybe be in a separate mod. But if it changes vanilla stuff then I can't decide how much my save relies on the mod and then my factory will stop working once I install/uninstall/mod breaks/factorio updates etc.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Qon wrote:
Not going to update if the mod changes vanilla items. I installed for low cpu wood crafting and don't care that much for additional items. Though the extras should maybe be in a separate mod. But if it changes vanilla stuff then I can't decide how much my save relies on the mod and then my factory will stop working once I install/uninstall/mod breaks/factorio updates etc.
There is a config file that you can choose what you want to add or leave out. So you'd just opt-out of the new wood products.

Note though, this is currently not released. Will be released once 0.13 comes out and will be called Bio-Industries.
I agree that changing vanilla items should not be done lightly, this is a very small tweak though. Just splitting rail into two,one that needs wood and one that needs concrete.

Zeeth_Kyrah
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zeeth_Kyrah »

TheSAguy wrote:
Qon wrote:
There is a config file that you can choose what you want to add or leave out. So you'd just opt-out of the new wood products.

Note though, this is currently not released. Will be released once 0.13 comes out and will be called Bio-Industries.
I agree that changing vanilla items should not be done lightly, this is a very small tweak though. Just splitting rail into two,one that needs wood and one that needs concrete.
Honestly, I'd go with three, because railbeds generally have gravel under them anyway. So: Stone, iron and steel; stone, wood, and steel; stone, concrete, and steel.
Planned projects: Energy Crystals Plus, Minor Fluid Handling, Small electric furnaces
(high-energy materials and assembler, fluid void burner and small tank, tiny and slow furnaces with charcoal)

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

TheSAguy wrote: There is a config file that you can choose what you want to add or leave out. So you'd just opt-out of the new wood products.
Does that mean I can disable the changes to vanilla items too? I might disable the extra items, but at least not doing it won't break my factory and the worst thing that can happen is I get some extra items in the crafting menu making it a bit more cluttered. Making rails recipe change as something optional is completely necessary on the other hand.
TheSAguy wrote: Note though, this is currently not released. Will be released once 0.13 comes out and will be called Bio-Industries.
Is it a new mod or are you changing Bio-Farm and changing it's name?
TheSAguy wrote:I agree that changing vanilla items should not be done lightly, this is a very small tweak though. Just splitting rail into two,one that needs wood and one that needs concrete.
Big enough to stop production of rails completely and forcing you to redo your rail factory from scratch every time you toggle the mod on/off.

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Qon wrote:
TheSAguy wrote: There is a config file that you can choose what you want to add or leave out. So you'd just opt-out of the new wood products.
Does that mean I can disable the changes to vanilla items too? I might disable the extra items, but at least not doing it won't break my factory and the worst thing that can happen is I get some extra items in the crafting menu making it a bit more cluttered. Making rails recipe change as something optional is completely necessary on the other hand.
Yes, if you turn off Wood Products, the rail change will not be applied. But you'll also not have the wood fence, floors or poles.
Qon wrote:
TheSAguy wrote: Note though, this is currently not released. Will be released once 0.13 comes out and will be called Bio-Industries.
Is it a new mod or are you changing Bio-Farm and changing it's name?
Name change, since the mod is now much bigger than just a tree farm.
Now has Bio Fuel, Solar Farm, Garden, Wood Products.
Qon wrote:
TheSAguy wrote:I agree that changing vanilla items should not be done lightly, this is a very small tweak though. Just splitting rail into two,one that needs wood and one that needs concrete.
Big enough to stop production of rails completely and forcing you to redo your rail factory from scratch every time you toggle the mod on/off.
A little dramatic here....
First off, for 0.13 I'd reccommend a new game, since all mods are changing.
The new rail only adds two items to the recipe. Wood Rail get's wood and Concrete Rail gets concrete.

Another new feature will be that you can plant seedlings:

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Mod now released on Mod Portal.

Bio Industries

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

TheSAguy wrote:Mod now released on Mod Portal.

Bio Industries
;) forum link?

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.13] Bio-Industries 1.0.2 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by TheSAguy »

OP updated with 0.13 version.

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: MOD [0.13] Bio-Industries 1.0.2 - (Formally Bio-Farm)

Post by Qon »

What's the point of a Bio-Cannon if it only attacks spawners? Turret creeping for offence is easy enough with normal turrets I think. Don't think it needs a buff.

Please don't say defence. It can't really be used defensivly with a range of 75 since spawners will not really get that close anyway (victory pole range is 64-96 tiles and is cheaper).

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

Bio Industries
Changing the entity names w/o any migrations makes me sad. :(

TheSAguy
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by TheSAguy »

Afforess wrote:

Bio Industries
Sorry, I did not even think of that... I intended this to be a new mod for 0.13.

Afforess
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Afforess »

TheSAguy wrote:
Afforess wrote:

Bio Industries
Sorry, I did not even think of that... I intended this to be a new mod for 0.13.
Yeah I noticed. Still, you could use migrations.json to map entities from Bio-Farm to Bio-Industries if you wanted. You probably would have to scan for them in the control.lua on_init to pick them up on the map.

Return to “Mods”