[Vanilla|0.14|US] SUG Dedicated Server

Arrange meetings with other people to play MP, announce your servers.
markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Vanilla|0.12.35|US] MP Dedicated Server

Post by markheloking »

Now I only got 110kB/s... We also already launched over a 100 rockets btw.

Ubsje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ubsje »

Hey, please use this map in the next reset, Shov allowed me to make a map for the server
Attachments
Sugaming Map.zip
(100.59 KiB) Downloaded 91 times

Shovinus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Shovinus »

New map UP, pre generated with RSO mod but mod removed.

Everything else normal

soren82002
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by soren82002 »

I just logged on. We had a massive factory. Entirely wiped out, I was the only person on. Can it be regenerated with RSO and the mod then removed again? Actually, just generate normally so if we die this time we can move far away.

Ubsje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ubsje »

Shov i made another map (this is the last one) and its WAY better then the other one i sent, this one is more like a normal map but.... different.. you'll see :P
Attachments
Map.zip
(6.29 MiB) Downloaded 103 times

lilcooldude69
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lilcooldude69 »

So today i tried joining this server keep in mind im new to this game entirely. I have 50mbps internet speed that i pay for. i pinged this server as the admin online asked me to or he was going to ban me because he said i was causing latency,
MY CMD PING
this is me speedtesting where i live
Speed test
and this is me speed testing michigan because thats where sugaming.us is located right?
Speed Test Mi
What id like to know is it common place for server admins or mods or whoever to throw around there ban hammer and/or power if they experience a little lag after just downloading the save
my specs

as you can see more than enough power to run this game at full speed

so why would i get ban hammer threatened for this? whoever the owner is needs to talk to his mods.

my point here is not to start arguments or flame wars. but for new people like me its kind of discouraging to join a server to have fun when somone threatens to ban you within the first 3 minutes of joining.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

lilcooldude69 wrote:SNIP
The server is currently located in Los Angeles, California. Regarding being threatened who was doing the threatening?
Looking for a multiplayer server? Check out my servers Vanilla Server

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

lilcooldude69 wrote:my point here is not to start arguments or flame wars. but for new people like me its kind of discouraging to join a server to have fun when somone threatens to ban you within the first 3 minutes of joining.
Factorio is especially sensitive to latency, all players connected to a game session needs to communicate with each other (vie the server), hence if the round trip between you, the server and each other player gets to long - "you" are the cause of the lag in a sense. Theoretically you could have a great latency between yourself and the server, but not while adding on the jump needed to reach other players. This is basically how it works as each player is himself simulating the game and everyone kinda needs to keep tabs on each other to ensure we are all on the same page.

All in all, its a bit complex - I might even get some things wrong while explaining, but most ppl are really tired of playing a nice lag free session just to have it ruined by a new player who (understandably) does not understand why he is causing lagg when the ping to the server was so good for him before he joined ;)

In short - try to play with ppl in the same geographic area as you - as close as possible, and with as good upload speed internet as possible :p

and lastly, welcome to the factorio multiplayer scene, hope you have a wonderful time :D
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

lilcooldude69
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by lilcooldude69 »

NoPantsMcDance wrote:
lilcooldude69 wrote:SNIP
The server is currently located in Los Angeles, California. Regarding being threatened who was doing the threatening?
I forgot the guys name but he essentially said "make a choice, get off the server or i'll ban you" he was very rude coming off very mean, also i live in las vegas, NV. idk how much closer i could get lol. aside from living there, LA is maybe a 4 hour drive from me.
Bisa wrote:
lilcooldude69 wrote:my point here is not to start arguments or flame wars. but for new people like me its kind of discouraging to join a server to have fun when somone threatens to ban you within the first 3 minutes of joining.
Factorio is especially sensitive to latency, all players connected to a game session needs to communicate with each other (vie the server), hence if the round trip between you, the server and each other player gets to long - "you" are the cause of the lag in a sense. Theoretically you could have a great latency between yourself and the server, but not while adding on the jump needed to reach other players. This is basically how it works as each player is himself simulating the game and everyone kinda needs to keep tabs on each other to ensure we are all on the same page.

All in all, its a bit complex - I might even get some things wrong while explaining, but most ppl are really tired of playing a nice lag free session just to have it ruined by a new player who (understandably) does not understand why he is causing lagg when the ping to the server was so good for him before he joined ;)

In short - try to play with ppl in the same geographic area as you - as close as possible, and with as good upload speed internet as possible :p

and lastly, welcome to the factorio multiplayer scene, hope you have a wonderful time :D
haha thanks for the response yeah i get it. im kind of over the whole situation, however when i posted this i was very heated and livid at the time, i believe it may have been me i asked some people at my house if net has been slow and they said one of the ISP workers had one of his worker vans parked at the end of my street so maybe it was me. sorry to post such a heated response earlier.

Bisa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bisa »

lilcooldude69 wrote: haha thanks for the response yeah i get it. im kind of over the whole situation, however when i posted this i was very heated and livid at the time, i believe it may have been me i asked some people at my house if net has been slow and they said one of the ISP workers had one of his worker vans parked at the end of my street so maybe it was me. sorry to post such a heated response earlier.
:D hope your isp sorted stuff, t'iss a nice game to play with others in a multiplayer session :geek:
Hosting a factorio server? Take a look at this || init script ||.

heralonos
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by heralonos »

i want to play muliplayer who can help me? but ther is one problem i´m from aut and i hop my english is good

Ubsje
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Ubsje »

When we finish this map, can you put my map in? I think its really good and better then the last one...
Attachments
The Bridges By Ubsje.zip
(6.29 MiB) Downloaded 99 times

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Vanilla|0.13.0|US] Dedicated Server

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Server has been updated to 0.13.0. You can now find us in the MP browser by searching "SUG" and you'll see us pop up.

markheloking
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Vanilla|0.13.0|US] SUG Dedicated Server

Post by markheloking »

I can't seem to join any server (including yours)... I'm getting a " server not responding" right after I try to join. I used to be able to connect to your server fine with 0.12.X
:cry:

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Currently there's a few bugs we're trying to figure out, so far if you QUIT the game (hitting x or killing the process) it hangs the server.

EDIT: Well that bug dissapeared all of a sudden....?

Anyways it's back up. I talked with my host about the constant lag and it seems they're working on it.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Updated the status page to work with the latest version, figured I'd keep it around so you didn't have to open the game to see if anyone is on the server.

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Vanilla|0.13.2|US] SUG Dedicated Server

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

Updated to 0.13.2

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [Vanilla|0.13.8|US] SUG Dedicated Server

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

This server does still exist

walljaik
Inserter
Inserter

Post by walljaik »

actually sv is down.. or cant join via ip nor find it on list

NoPantsMcDance
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by NoPantsMcDance »

walljaik wrote:actually sv is down.. or cant join via ip nor find it on list
Sorry about that not sure why it was down, it's online now.

Return to “Multiplayer”