Logic based brownout/night detector

This board is to show, discuss and archive useful combinator- and logic-creations.
Smart triggering, counters and sensors, useful circuitry, switching as an art :), computers.
Please provide if possible always a blueprint of your creation.
lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Logic based brownout/night detector

Post by lxl »

Left comparison: # if A==0 then A= 1 --> toggles permanently, if electricity is @ 100%. If energy is "yellow" then it will no longer toggle every tick.
Middle Multplier: input * 1, Output B --> 1 step delay
right comparison: if A == B --> no current (currently it puts light on).
Note that the left and right side are on different electric networks.
If you want a brownout detector connect it with your network. If you want a day/night detector connect it with a solar panel.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Logic based brownout/night detector

Post by Gertibrumm »

This will come in handy once power switches are a thing so you can switch steam backup power on in case of mass-biter-energy-shortage
I updated my .13 todolist thx

lxl
Inserter
Inserter

Post by lxl »

You already can control the inserters for the coal or small pumps for the water input.

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

I don't understand how this works. Could you be clearer on what settings you are using for the signals?

I set up something in which I have a decider combinator outputting signal 1 any time x item is equal to 0, which it always is because it's not hooked up to a chest. So it's outputting signal 1. Then I have another decider combinator outputting signal 2 any time signal 1 is equal to 1. This causes the second one to continuously output signal 2. Problem is, when the first combinator loses power, it keeps putting out signal 1, thus the second combinator is completely unaware of any changes in power status.

Gertibrumm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gertibrumm »

The decider combinator seems to latch in its last state and some rest electricity seems to remain even though there is absolutely no current anywhere. I hope this is a bug because it doesnt make any sense :|

Return to “Combinator Creations”