Bridges - Boats - Water mobs

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Joe78man
Inserter
Inserter

Bridges - Boats - Water mobs

Post by Joe78man »

So far water is only a resource and in the way. There is very little use for it, save for some fishes swimming to be magically harvested with no apparent use. Let's add some life and use to it!

Bridges
Three different bridges each with different characteristics:
1. wood
2. stone
3. concrete

Depth based on material (wooden can be built only on depth 1, stone up to depth 2, concrete, 3) (3 types of water depths should be added and coded)
Lengh based on material (testing to set appropriate lengh for each one, reasonable based on material. Concrete should be much larger than the other two)
Width based on material (wooden 1x, stone 3x, concrete x5, this is related to the weight it supports)
Supporting weight based on material (wood only player, stone player/car, concrete player/car/tank)

Boats
1. Wooden boat: personal transportation, slow, no cargo
2. Engine boat: car version for water, fast, SMG, inventory, room for a second passanger (for MP)
3. Tanker/Cargo boat: big cargo transport, train like, can be automated, adding buoys for waypoints. Can add-on a turret for self deffense, consuming ammo like a regular turret. A cargo bay has to be added, to either transport materials or liquids turning it into a Tanker, one or the other.
4. Combat boat. slower than engine boat, but like the tank holding a SMG and charges (as anti-subs) for sea warfare

Structures:
Dock: creates water transport and deploys them (when placing it, check for water tiles big enough to deploy). Tanker/Cargo boats, when automated, dock in as they arrive, at that point the dock will load/unload (based on load/unload pre-selection for automatization). Upgrade can be added to transfer liquids. Generates water pollution as pipes do
Oil platform: (new) Oil patches in water would hold higher yields than land patches. Can be placed from boats. Tankers would dock to platforms automatically when within range (if platform added as station), if manned, by pressing spacebar (turret fires on its own). Platforms have two slots to be filled with turrets and ammo. Generates water pollution as pipes do

Mobs:
Swimmers (water version of bitter) They are drawed by pollution in water or player's vehicles nearby.
Swimmer spawner.

AFoxygen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bridges - Boats - Water mobs

Post by AFoxygen »

I was thinking about bridges myself. In some maps where you make a lot of water, sometimes you just can't go to other islands.

I originally thought of wood - iron - steel.... but I'm not sure if adding 3 new items would be too much.... also there isn't much difference between them.
Perhaps "Stone brick" - "Steel and Concrete" bridge pieces.

The stone could be 2 wide and the steel/concrete could be 4... For easy train use.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Added to viewtopic.php?f=80&t=14024 Travel over Water: Boats, Ships, Canus / Bridges / Tunnels

See also viewtopic.php?f=80&t=139 Enemy Variations / Enemy Variety / New Enemies / Boss
(not added, cause too unspecific)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Hidrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Bridges

Post by Hidrog »

I know it seems really minor, but it would be nice to be able to have bridges over the water (or at least being able to build stuff over it). That's it. Thanks for the game :D love it.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topics merged. Please remember there is a search function to see if a new idea hasn't already posted dozens times.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Hidrog
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Hidrog »

I'm sorry, I'm really new to forums in general.

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Harkonnen604 »

Koub wrote:[Koub] Topics merged. Please remember there is a search function to see if a new idea hasn't already posted dozens times.
While annoying for moderators (a very pleasant thing to do in this life :D) - double, triple, dozen posts about same issue is actually a desire level counter that should be treated as priority booster :) If we enforce people to use search and keep themselves silent if their offer had already been proposed, we won't have clue on how some particular issue is actually wanted. And since we have ssilk with his knowledge-base-man capabilities and link-thread-gathering skill I'd vote for allowing everyone to post their suggestions without search option. Purpose - number of linked threads becomes a sign of how some particular feature is wanted.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Harkonnen604 wrote:If we enforce people to use search and keep themselves silent if their offer had already been proposed, we won't have clue on how some particular issue is actually wanted. And since we have ssilk with his knowledge-base-man capabilities and link-thread-gathering skill I'd vote for allowing everyone to post their suggestions without search option. Purpose - number of linked threads becomes a sign of how some particular feature is wanted.
Gnaaa. Harkonnen, are you related to the Harkonnen's in Dune? :) :twisted: :lol:

My opinion: Searching before posting is a good idea, because
- forum members should read, what others think about similar ideas.
- there is not that big relevance between number of topics and need.
- if there is a need of implementing a feature it will be implemented ASAP.
- this forum-board is no democracy.
- there is no rule, that says, that if there is a similar/the same topic, that I cannot post the same.
- the rule just says "Search before you post" and this includes "Think before you post"!
- when doing this search, and you read other ideas, you might have a genius idea how to combine all ideas into a new one.
- having good ideas is 10% intuition, 10% geniality and 80% hard word.
- there is eventually some day, when I go into pension.

Harkonnen604
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Harkonnen604 »

You are right of course :)

No, I am not related to Dune. I am related to Dune2. Due to this guy :)
Attachments
dune2.png
dune2.png (13.16 KiB) Viewed 5507 times

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

And I meant the books.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”