Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

Regular reports on Factorio development.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Friday Facts #142 - Playtesting

Post by kovarex »

Recon777 wrote:Speaking of faster mining of rails... Can you please do the same for walls? Since the segments are only 1x1, it takes AGES to correct a misaligned or otherwise unwanted wall until you finally get the deconstruction planner.
Yes I did also wall as part of the change.
Recon777 wrote: Also, I was thinking... the deconstruction planner itself is super cheap since it is infinitely reusable. I wonder if it might be better to have it stackable and partially use up just like the repair packs. Maybe have them capable of marking 500 objects for deconstruction before they are used up, and allow 100x planners in a stack. Or something.
It doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I saw this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1878&start=70#p168302 and i'm wonder where you unveil that wagon graphic?

Mion
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Mion »

kovarex wrote:
Recon777 wrote: Also, I was thinking... the deconstruction planner itself is super cheap since it is infinitely reusable. I wonder if it might be better to have it stackable and partially use up just like the repair packs. Maybe have them capable of marking 500 objects for deconstruction before they are used up, and allow 100x planners in a stack. Or something.
Ok, what about making blueprints (empty) stackable?

itsnotvalid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by itsnotvalid »

I am checking the blog like every single day now... I know it sounds pathetic but all the good stuff coming is gonna be a very exciting update...

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Neotix wrote:I saw this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1878&start=70#p168302 and i'm wonder where you unveil that wagon graphic?

They aren't revealed yet :D

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Klonan wrote:
Neotix wrote:I saw this post viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1878&start=70#p168302 and i'm wonder where you unveil that wagon graphic?

They aren't revealed yet :D
BimDZJPIIAABfS6.jpg
BimDZJPIIAABfS6.jpg (38.47 KiB) Viewed 6046 times
Together with that "loading crane" train-thingy I somehow get an interesting feeling/idea about what is to come. And if my theory is going to turn out to be correct they did a well job on keeping it a secret.

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

MiiNiPaa wrote:If you limit your factory pollution, so it stops spreading, and destroy nests already influenced by pollution, then no new biters will attack (as long as you prevent base-building. I do not rememeber if non-aggravated bases send builders).
They do, occasionally. As long as you prevent basebuilding inside your cloud it should not matter too much.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Tontaube
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tontaube »

itsnotvalid wrote:I am checking the blog like every single day now... I know it sounds pathetic but all the good stuff coming is gonna be a very exciting update...
...I am totally with you, bro :-)

Waiting for .13: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1878&start=70#p168302

slindenau
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by slindenau »

kovarex wrote:
Then what is the point in having to craft a deconstruction planner? Can't it just be something you get for free once you've reached logistics? By making it a button/keypress "mode" you can enter.
My mod: "Auto Deploy Destroyers" (follower robots) viewtopic.php?f=97&t=24545

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

slindenau wrote:
kovarex wrote:
Then what is the point in having to craft a deconstruction planner? Can't it just be something you get for free once you've reached logistics? By making it a button/keypress "mode" you can enter.
Yeah... It's depicted like a piece of red paper but it really is just a remote control.

pr0n
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pr0n »

Are we there yet?

tekbot
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tekbot »

pr0n wrote:Are we there yet?
Don't make me turn this car formation update around!

Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

Come on guys, throw us a bone!? :) I don't think my heart can take the strain any longer :) Waiting with immense amounts of anticipation for those lovely words "Factorio - Update Queued" only to be turned into "Factorio - Downloading", only to be turned into GAME TIME!

Can't wait!

malecord
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by malecord »

You know that by continuously updating these threads we're just derping each other right? :lol:

torham
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by torham »

what really bugs me is that last gif from Factorio development explained in gifs. What sort of magic trick are they reacting to?

Ninja_Dog81
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Ninja_Dog81 »

@Malecord

Too true. I'm so excited for this release (TRAINS!) that I almost can't contain myself (TRAINS!). Plus I have a huge TRAINS fixation haha

I have four days off this weekend, was hoping I'd be accompanied by Factorio, but pointless starting another map until the update drops.

P.S. TRAINS!

fishycat
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by fishycat »

Message from 0.13 :D

ShunterAlhena
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ShunterAlhena »

Registered on the forum to subscribe to this thread to get an update immediately upon release :) :)
Got a whole-day Factorio bash planned for Saturday w/ friends, hopefully 0.13 drops by then :)

thereaverofdarkness
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by thereaverofdarkness »

fishycat wrote:Message from 0.13 :D
update from 0.13

Mooncat
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Mooncat »

While waiting for the coming Friday.... did anyone notice the shadow angle of the wall (or gate?) is different from the other objects? Most of the shadow is point to east, but the wall's is 45degree rotated. (Yes, I am bored. Friday please come early!)

malecord wrote:
slindenau wrote:
kovarex wrote:
Yeah... It's depicted like a piece of red paper but it really is just a remote control.
Maybe it will be a part of the blueprint book?

Return to “News”